• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

STREET FIGHTER x TEKKEN

Vermy

Smash Champion
Copied directly from Eventhubs.com

Capcom's Yoshinori Ono announced Street Fighter vs. Tekken — a 2 vs. 2 crossover game — and showed a trailer for the title. Here's an image of the logo by ShinJN.

Street Fighter vs. Tekken will be available on the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. The two teams behind the project started talking about making a game like this a year ago.

Also, Namco will be developing Tekken vs. Street Fighter, a different game with Namco developers heading the project.

Ono also said that an online version of Street Fighter 3 Third Strike will be released. It's not coming in the immediate future, they said they're going to take their time and do it right — but it will happen.

GET HYPE.

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
sounds cool.. but mixing the 3d genre could fail hardcore.. also auto block @_@
atleast i can go legendary gief + kuma team
or zack and gief
or paul and ken
or king and sagat.

Isorropia

Smash Apprentice
TvSF, SFvT, BBCS, MVC3, SSF4, KoF13.....how are we supposed to find time to play all these games, and run tournaments for them? >.>

Hotdog

Smash Lord
i jizzed my pants already... Twice... I wonder how namco's version is gonna play out...

TakFR

Smash Lord
NNID
TakAE86
Copied directly from Eventhubs.com

Ono also said that an online version of Street Fighter 3 Third Strike will be released. It's not coming in the immediate future, they said they're going to take their time and do it right — but it will happen.

GET HYPE.
This is the only good thing announced =)

As for the other games unless they prioritise balance while making these games, it just won't work throwing projectile characters in a 8-way run game (For Namco) and non-projectile characters or characters with no range covering moves for zoning in a 2d based game (For Capcom)

Basically projectiles will make SF characters overpowered. Or they will make them so weak that Tekken characters will be over powered.

isthattim?

Smash Ace
i was hoping for some sort of rage thread discussing which was a better game :(

sounds pretty cool though, i'm pretty sure i heard they're gonna turn it into a smash bros. style brawler. it's really the only way i can see them combining the different styles properly.

Vermy

Smash Champion
Re-read the first post, Tim. TWO games will be made. One by Capcom in the SSFIV engine and one by Namco in the TK6 engine. Both communities get what they want, without having a hope for an impossible balance between the two game styles.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JLNbW7NZj94&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JLNbW7NZj94&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/N6U7jZ-qMfI&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/N6U7jZ-qMfI&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
To emphasise how super they are.

Ultras are similar, in that their inherent level of 'ultra' is a direct correlation of the amount of time they take to complete.

Vermy

Smash Champion
Personally, (this may be biased) I think SFxT will be more successful, but TxSF will be more balanced. Kazuya's interpretation into the SF4 engine was very impressive. The biggest problem I see is the size of the roster. A minimum of 36 characters should be in it imo, and maybe one or two on top, being brand new characters to fuse the worlds together. So at least 18 from each respective side.
My initial thoughts for the roster:

SF:
Ryu
Chun-Li
Ken
Akuma
Guile
Cammy
Zangief
Blanka
E Honda
Dhalsim
M Bison
Abel
Rufus
Juri
Dudley
Ibuki
Alex
Sakura
Fei Long

TEKKEN:
Kazuya
Nina
Anna
King
Jin/Devil Jin (possibly Devil Jin being an Ultra?)
Heihachi
Kuma
Roger Jr
Feng
Raven
Jack-7
Paul
Xiaoyu
Lili
Lars
Alisa
Christie/Eddie
Yoshimitsu
Marshall Law

Mokujin will be the random button. WIN.

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Yoshimitsu. He's one of the only 3 characters who has been in every Tekken game to date. There is no way they won't include him.

TakFR

Smash Lord
NNID
TakAE86
both seem very cool

THO WHY DO SUPERS NEED TO TAKE SO LONG D:
True this is going to be very annoying if I end up picking up this game

SSFIV graphics are disgusting why would you keep using them Capcom -_-

At least this game has chains rather then links, no more noobs mashing the **** out of the buttons (aka Timic)

Vermy

Smash Champion
Added Yoshimitsu.

And Law and Fei Long. That fight needs to happen.
And Zangief needs to fight Kuma and break it's arms.
Bison vs Heihachi will be epic as sh**.
Guile vs Paul = Battle of the hair spray

I see no problems with links, although noobs do mash. Links is about timing, you mash and the SSFIV engine says, "no, not gonna let you link a cr.lp to a cr.hp if you mash like a f**ktard". It takes practice, and you having played Sakura and learning her timing to link that for her BnB know that first hand, Tak.

And EVERY fighting game in history will have noobs mashing. Fact of life.

Hotdog

Smash Lord
I love the linking aspect of SSFIV, cause it requires skill and practice, so therefore it seperates the tards from the competent =P

I don't see what's wrong with the SSFIV graphics, I think they look awesome, the art direction they've taken with it looks absolutely awesome imo. I'm glad they're using the same engine for SF x T.

and LOL @ the Sakura picture, that what happens when they use her character model into Zangief's move set.

Karp-0S

Smash Journeyman
First off, Ganryu on the roster instead of Anna. Steve Fox instead of Lili.

v You need this man. He fights for justice. v

^ You need this man. He fights for justice. ^​

Vermy

Smash Champion
Karp, they should be in it too, I guess. Lilli will be in it. She represents T:DR and has a unique look and fighting style that would incorportate well into the SFIV engine.
Oh sh**, forgot Asuka.
If Nina's in it, Anna will be too.
And Dragunov.
And Bob. Need Bob vs Rufus.
Too many Tekken charactersssssss D=

This is going to be murder.

SF can skip a few characters and They'll be fine, don't think Tekken can afford to overlook many. Unless they skip on the doubling up and only have either Fei/Law, Honda/Ganryu, Rufus/Bob, Sakura/Asuka, Gen/Wang, etc. There are a lot of similar looking characters, and I guess it'd make sense not to have both.

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Haha Ganryu vs Honda, epic battle! They should also bring back Gon 8)

Karp-0S

Smash Journeyman
Haha Ganryu vs Honda, epic battle! They should also bring back Gon 8)
Gon > Every fighting game character ever.

Wish I still had my copy of t3.

I can understand the need for lili to be in it. I just want my full lineup.

Sucks, I'm gonna have to buy both versions :(
Gonna be so epic. Been a tekken man my whole life, twill be a blast being able to play people and actually have a chance. My inability to quarter circle is quite the SF deterrent.

Vermy

Smash Champion
2012 sounds realistic. 2 years means at least they'll have the time to do it right.

Hater

Smash Ace
sorry brawl if you are not dead you will be when sfxt (cap vers) comes out, I really curious how they will make projectiles viable in the 3d namco version

Hotdog

Smash Lord
I keep picturing SF EX II when it comes to fireballs and 3D.... *shudders*

Top Bottom