• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Street Fighter IV *Super, AE and Ver.2012*

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Nash? What the **** would Nash be there? Isn't he JUST LIKE Guile? I'm fine with a variation of him similar to the Shotos, so is there a difference?

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Nash? What the **** would Nash be there? Isn't he JUST LIKE Guile? I'm fine with a variation of him similar to the Shotos, so is there a difference?
Yes, Nash is rather different from Guile, especially in the Supers, and if he kept his air Somersault and even the one in the air that aims down at the ground from the Marvel vs. games it'd be even greater.

But why no Elena :<

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
I really don't want elena, but what I think they're going to do is release a three character pack every three months until they have 44 chars or something like that. Next time we'll see SF3 Chars because it's really unfair if they have 10 Alpha chars but only three SF3 chars. I'm expecting Elena, Alex, and (hopefully) Urien if they add 3S chars.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Ono already said that if you're expecting a Final Fight character to expect Hugo. If you download him they could just wipe him out of the Metro City stage background. Also Hugo vs Zangief vs Hakan vs T. Hawk = I came.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
I like Necro and 12 it just seems quite impossible to put them in due to the canon. If Urien and Gill aren't there yet then Necro wasn't experimented on and 12 wasn't created.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I like Necro and 12 it just seems quite impossible to put them in due to the canon. If Urien and Gill aren't there yet then Necro wasn't experimented on and 12 wasn't created.
The Illuminati has existed hundreds of years so I don't see that problem. I agree about Twelve, it would be idiotic of them to say that Twelve was created before 3S. But hey, it's not like Capcom gives a **** about the canon so it doesn't matter in the long run.

On a side note, I took a break from Alex and Elena to try and learn how to play Twelve at my arcade for wtf value. It was so much work with too little payoff, but he's hella fun for casuals against my friends' Q and Remys.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I don't know dude, what age is Makoto in SSFIV? Its like, 9? or something?
If we go by the current timeline, she'd be around that age, but she looks nowhere near ten with that body of hers.

I honestly think that they're going to have some retcon in the timeline. I think the timespan between each game is probably a lot shorter. They could probably narrow the time span during the III arc to where it all happens as a smaller, arching plot.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
How far away is NG from SSF4? Does anyone know that?
New Generation was supposed to be in 1997 when it came out, three years after Super II Turbo, but it was retconned to start with 2nd Impact, which was also in 1997.

SSF IV should just be the retconn, ffs. Fan speculation about "why" and "how" Makoto and Ibuki look the way they do is a tiresome and face-palming read about how it breaks away from Street Fighter's "serious" story.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
I never liked makoto in ssf4 anyways. She didn't need to be in there. Alex, Hugo, Elena, Urien, Sean, and hell, even Q deserved that spot more.

But the sf4team need to get it right next time they put sf3 chars in a game. They say "well, ibuki is good in NG and 2i, Dudley is all of them, and Makoto is good in 3s so we have to nerf them a bit" which is stupid because they end up nerfing them two times over. Once with the physics, and once by them. They did the same thing Barwl did to Falcon.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
As much as I like seeing SF 0 and 3 characters in there (still holding out for everyone's favourite black British punk), focus on the new characters ffs.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
That's it. I need to start some sort of training thread over at SRK because using ranking mode for finding opponents really sucks. Almost all of my matches over the last few days has consisted predominantly of Ryu, Ken, Akuma. Please, at least pick up a secondary.

EDIT: Did it, go here.
http://shoryuken.com/f315/srk-training-thread-xbl-243851/

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
No big deal. I've decided to just add my stuff to my signature. Speaking of which, why is there a 200 character limit?

Melfice z

Smash Ace
So i think im actually settling for Dan right now. Ive been winning more with him than i am with ryu, juri, seth, or akuma! :laugh: and if im gonna lose id rather lose with someone who is expected to lose... and it makes winning that much more worthwhile!

so does anybody think its good to learn the game without the luxuries of full screen projectiles and the like? its almost like training for marathons starting with ankle weights IMO

Minato

穏やかじゃない
so does anybody think its good to learn the game without the luxuries of full screen projectiles and the like? its almost like training for marathons starting with ankle weights IMO
If those ankle weights are crippling your performance to the point where you're not able to learn, I'd say switch to someone else. I think Ryu would be easier since you don't have to be concerned over your character's weaknesses and instead focus on the match and how to deal with your opponents by spacing and such.

But honestly, use whoever feels natural to you. Whoever you use now won't necessarily be your main anyway.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I can't really say as the characters I've had extensive experience with El Fuerte, Chun-Li, Viper, and Ibuki (save for her Kunai) don't have anything that can be spammed like a Hadouken.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
They're ALL safe on block. not just the light kick one. That Japanese Dan player uses it constently.

I would get a vid but I'm lazy. His name is STRIPFIGHTER4 or something along those lines.

kr3wman

Smash Master
med/hard kick dan kicks are -2, so they're punishable by like, 5-6 moves in the games total lol.

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
I can't really say as the characters I've had extensive experience with El Fuerte, Chun-Li, Viper, and Ibuki (save for her Kunai) don't have anything that can be spammed like a Hadouken.
er..

You can always spam habanero back dash :) It's Zoning, at a psychological scale

You can always be spamming legs only if close up :p

And if you're REALLY good, spamming seismic hammer = mental breakdown of your opponent. It's actually pretty scary if you're facing a viper that is shaking the earth 24/7

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Don't mess with Dan.

er..

You can always spam habanero back dash :) It's Zoning, at a psychological scale

You can always be spamming legs only if close up :p

And if you're REALLY good, spamming seismic hammer = mental breakdown of your opponent. It's actually pretty scary if you're facing a viper that is shaking the earth 24/7
But none of those are fireballs. Sure, you can spam them, but they don't have the same effect as spamming fireballs.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Play Zangeif, spam running bear till you get EX. do Running Bear EX out of no where and within range to catch them off of their zoning move. Proceed to use Ultra Atomic Buster to win round. The best kind of spam!

kr3wman

Smash Master
jump straight up headbutt all round.

they get hit once, do a combo or a tick throw.

they're stunned, go for broke.

Cyan_

Smash Lord
Hey guys, I just picked up Super Street Fighter IV today. I got it on PS3.

I'm trying to get good (or at least decent) in this game. Right now, I really like Akuma and picked him as my main. I checked out the Akuma board on shoryuken.com just to find out some stuff. I heard that he's quite hard to learn and not a great character to pick up as your first. Oh well

This is my first Street Fighter game, but not my first fighting game.

Does anyone want to play against me so I can learn some things? Maybe someone with a mic so we can talk as well, and maybe explain what I'm doing wrong. Thanks

PSN: TdotThai

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Hey guys, I just picked up Super Street Fighter IV today. I got it on PS3.

I'm trying to get good (or at least decent) in this game. Right now, I really like Akuma and picked him as my main. I checked out the Akuma board on shoryuken.com just to find out some stuff. I heard that he's quite hard to learn and not a great character to pick up as your first. Oh well

This is my first Street Fighter game, but not my first fighting game.

Does anyone want to play against me so I can learn some things? Maybe someone with a mic so we can talk as well, and maybe explain what I'm doing wrong. Thanks

PSN: TdotThai
I can help you out. My PSN is Izanagi_XIII. I'll add you or you can add me. Whoever gets around to it first. I don't have a mic though which is a shame.

Cyan_

Smash Lord
Sure, I'll go on and add/accept later tonight, maybe an hour from now.

Thanks, btw.

ThreeX

Smash Lord
hit me up on xbl if anyone randomly purchased one recently.

gamertag is Deeeeejay XL

btw cyan, yeah i'd would pick up Ryu at first, he's a great starter. (I feel like I've said this too many times) Akuma can get really frustrating, especially if you're just picking up the game. He has really ****ty health, so when you get hit... it hurts.

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
Since I snagged a Madcatz SE fight stick cheap off of Craig's List I thought I'd try to mod it. The SE stick that I got wasn’t in too bad a shape considering what I paid for it although fireball motions didn’t work when I was facing towards the right and the medium punch and strong kick didn’t always register.

My main motivation for modifying the Madcatz SE fight stick was primarily for functional reasons. Sure I wanted it to look cool when I was done but I never would have invested the time or money to replace anything if I felt that the stock stick’s performance was acceptable to begin with.

As I suffer from OCD I gave an inordinate amount of thought to what type of replacement parts I would use and in what color. I wanted the stick to be easily recognizable as a 360 peripheral but yet I also wanted it to look unique if that makes any sense. Ultimately I took much of my inspiration from the newer Madcatz Super Street Fighter IV Tournament Edition S fight stick.

As you can see, I retained the standard Xbox 360 controller’s color scheme for the four left buttons that are used to navigate menus as it’s just much more logical that way. I also kept the original SE’s color combination for the four buttons on the far right of the stick. This I feel works better for some people who may want to use the outside buttons (ala American arcade cabinets) to play fighting games. It’s also for this reason that all eight buttons have been replaced with the amazingly superior Sanwa units.

The stick itself is the drop-in replacement Sanwa JLF-TP-8YT-SK part which is infinitely better than the worn out one that was in the SE stick when I bought it. The Sanwa ball top may seem superfluous but was actually carefully chosen as a green replacement to maintain the Xbox 360 identity.

Overall I’d have to say that my concept for this project was that form should follow function. That’s why all the parts are Sanwa and why the stick still looks relatively stock even though most of the moving parts are new. So what do you guys think? :)

Cyan_

Smash Lord
hit me up on xbl if anyone randomly purchased one recently.

gamertag is Deeeeejay XL

btw cyan, yeah i'd would pick up Ryu at first, he's a great starter. (I feel like I've said this too many times) Akuma can get really frustrating, especially if you're just picking up the game. He has really ****ty health, so when you get hit... it hurts.
Mm, true. I guess I'll start learning Ryu and go from there.

Ugh, I can't FADC. I do a shoryuken, 50% of the time I can get the Focus Attack to cancel it but I always end up doing the actual FA and not the dash to cancel it. Just gotta get down the timing in training mode, I guess.

Top Bottom