• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Strategies, Combos, Smelly Waft thread

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord
I find that Bite > DACUS works extremely well. if they fail to tech you can get a little charge going on it. At the worst you may get the last hit to make them airborne which is always good for wario.
Thats probably the most fun follow up I know of after bite. Honestly though, I believe its character dependent to get the guaranteed DACUS, and its probably more optimal to go for an aerial string, with the added possibility of a footstool. Which is something wario mains should explore thoroughly imo.

As far as doubles partners, I find that ganon and charizard have pretty good synergy with him. Though that comes from my personal experience, so I can't speak for everyone.

Ace55

Smash Lord
So I was bored and interested in how well upthrow to upair really combos so I booted up training mode.

True combo from around 25%: Ganon, Marth, Sheik, ZSS, DK, Bowser, Lucario. Against DK and Ganon it's a true combo until around 90% aka death on most stages. Since Ganon and Sheik have the same fallspeed and throw knockback ignores weight this should mean we have a kill combo from a grab on Sheik. I didn't test everyone and I skipped the spacies, Falcon, Lucas and DDD because those were a given. But we are basically the new Fox.

Ace55

Smash Lord
It should be noted for the chars who it barely doesn't true combo (Pikachu, Mario, those kind of fallspeeds) that it's quick enough that they shouldn't even have time to jump away without getting their jump eaten. Same goes for the listed chars under 25%. I've been able to get it consistently vs everybody except super floaties (your Zeldas, Jiggses, Peaches). And the throw animation doesn't seem to be weight dependent which helps a lot with the timing.

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
I learned recently that after a successful Bite is finished, Wario can't start another Bite for 15 frames, which sucks. :(

I've spent ages thinking I was just pressing Neutral-B during jumpsquat every time and thinking I was just plain bad. :(

Either way, I'm pretty sure it is an unintentional aspect of the move.
If that 15 frame prevention wasn't there, Wario would be able to bite into bite into bite.... Instead, I do backwards bitethrow, sh immediate rising fair so that I hit with the weaker part of fair and closer towards the end of the animation, then do a falling bite on top of them. As long as you catch their DI, which is almost all the time as long as I randomize bite throws, you can repeat this for quite a while until you can bite throw into waft or SB.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
He'd only be able to Bite -> Bite if the opponent DI'd incorrectly, which is perfectly fine.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I'm pretty sure you can just not DI at all and avoid it. Might take some obvious SDI or a N-Air as soon as possible, but it might not. :3

Translucent

Smash Journeyman
What are some moves that can combo into waft on characters that are not spacies? Such as Marth, Ivysaur, ect. I would guess possibly bite, u-air, u-throw, u-tilt and maybe a few others.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Jab2 and D-Tilt work at higher percents. Late U-Tilt, a ground-bounce D-Air...most other times will have to be off a tech-chase opportunity/guessing game with Neutral-B.

MegaGuy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Yung_Mega
3DS FC
5043-2216-2465
I'm fairly certain DAir pops them up into Waft range. Personally, I like using Waft in tech-chases after a DSmash or DThrow, for example. I'll let others name some set ups, since I honestly don't know many outside of Bite and DAir.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Can you get a waft off of no DI with bite?

No wayyy. It was designed that way to give opponents a low-risk low-reward option to deal with Bite. F-Air and N-Air are about the only things that work out of a Bite that wasn't DI'd.

You might be able to get a Waft off one of those late aerials (probably F-Air rather than N-Air) at certain percents on certain characters, but at worst, you get a pressure situation where the opponent has to think twice about his next move for fear of being Wafted.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I use the black and white Classic Wario, which looks like a milkman costume to me.

Related: It's also because I give people the D.

Top Bottom