• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Still don’t understand GSP

SesameChicken

Smash Rookie
I’ve been over three mil for a couple weeks now. Right now I’m at 3.4. Why am I still not elite?

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
You're very close. The requirement constantly goes up, though your rank goes up with it. You'll often have to overshoot slightly, because you're using outdated data as your reference point for elite.

RepStar

Banned via Warnings
Switch FC
SW-5945-3794-8387
GSP is just something to make the online even worse. The paywall and GSP just shrinks the ever shrinking online playerbase

ccllr

Smash Cadet
GSP stands for:

Gnintendo
Sbeing
Pretarded at making online games.

Don't overthink it, just suffer it like the rest of us.

Last edited:

ItsLogic

Smash Cadet
The GSP for elite smash has to consistently keep going higher given how many players are getting better and better, so just check the website from time to time

RepStar

Banned via Warnings
Switch FC
SW-5945-3794-8387
Hyperbole much? GSP is not going to cause the death of online. Could the system be better? Very much so. But it's hardly something worth citing as "killing" online.
It divides the playerbase and ****s up the matchmaking. I shouldnt be punished for being good with my most used character so now that when i look for a 4 player smash in elite and all stages im still paired into 1v1s . couple that with no stage selection or taunting and the online pay, im not exaggerating. The thing about apologist is they flip-flop when something changes and then theyll say "yea it was bad". But until then its "its not that bad" yea, ok.

Top Bottom