• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Static-Intense: The Pikachu Guide (Updated: June 10, 2008)

Zylar

Smash Ace
Falcoidae, I apreciate all the amazing work you and the other guide makers do. I don't have that much to contribute in the first place and things I would contribute were already suggested most of the time. All of the guides may not have recieved as much praise as you would've wanted, but believe me they are being helpful and appreciated. I personally can only check here every so often(busy busy).

By the way ,it's hard to constantly go back to the guide to see what's new, I've already read it all so that may be one reason it seems to be "rejected."

1nconspikuous

Smash Apprentice
not sure if this is the right place to ask, but i've been picking pika up as a secondary and he's friggin awesome. i couldn't find a 'pika q&a' guide so i thought this would be a good place to ask.

i just wanted 2 know if pika's 'neutral a combo' counts as 'one hit' to refresh knockback or 'multiple hits'.

1nconspikuous

Smash Apprentice
hey i've got another question (if anyone can answer it).

what is pikachu's quickest aerial? i mean, in terms of the least number of frames before the hitbox comes out?

CommanderCody08

Smash Apprentice
When using Quick attack to recover, does going strait up and then to the side go farther than going diagnally up and sideways?

Good guide. I'm trying to pick up pikachu.

K 2

Smash Lord
Use QA diagonally up (up-right, up-left), and then right or left to get the maximum distance. It really depends on the angle you are from the stage. Pikachu will almost always make it back to the ledge with room to spare.

M15t3R E

Smash Master
Hmmm... this thread creator is never coming back, is he?
Perhaps we oughta make a new thread and copy n' paste his info into it, possibly add more, and then merge it with Spark's Pikachu tricks thread. Just putting that suggestion out there.

K 2

Smash Lord
It is. The guide doesn't list every single possible combo, but it gives new players a few simple combos to start off with. As you get more pika experience, you develop a feel for the character. You can use that knowledge to create new combos.

5ive

Smash Champion
This should really either be updated, or unstickied in exchange for the video guide.

Seriously, if this doesn't get updated soon, I'll edit this to make it recent.

cali'c

Smash Cadet
In the description for pika roll, in the section pertaining to pika throws, the word you is used in place of the word use .

cali'c

Smash Cadet
also in the specific character match ups, it is mentioned that pikachu may be able to chain throw lucario; we tested this many times, and not only does this not seem posible, but we think lucario is to floaty to be chain grabbed by any character, but still infinately grabbed.

Dream Land Works

Smash Journeyman
:ohwell: I am surprised no one has decided to start another Pikachu Guide, especially with me not playing Brawl for like 7+ months. Well, it may take a little why to update again because I am probably very rusty with Pikachu by now, but once I get use to him again (probably a week or two) and once I look through the Pika section to see if there are any major new techniques, I will update the thread.

If anyone has anything major about Pikachu to post that was discovered since Summer 08, please do so.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Uhh, K 2 and I were gonna work on a new one, but if you wanna update yours, I guess that's fine?

What timing, lol.

Dream Land Works

Smash Journeyman
LOL. Nah, you can go ahead and make yours. Mine is very old and my mind is still in Summer 08 Brawl. It would be better for someone who is more up to date with the game to make a Pikachu Guide.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Kk. If you want to help out, you're more than welcome. I'll send you a PM tomorrow when I start working on it.

Top Bottom