• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Starting roster already revealed (SamuraiPanda's Conspiracy Theoracy) [Final Update]

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
But not everyone does and it'd be completely ridiculous of Sakurai to decide that everyone must play the game in the exact way and fashion and order he deems right after Melee gave you so much choice about how to play and what order to play it in and never forced you to do anything you didn't want to do at all

I'm looking forward to SSE just as much as anyone else, but it'd be shooting yourself in the foot. You change gameplay elements, but you don't remove such a basic element of player choice, it makes no sense
You mean SE

Sariku

Smash Master
Guys who are doing this, don't bag on SamuraiPanda.

He said he doesn't want this to be true. Don't make fun of him just because he came up with an idea. If it's true, it's true. If it's not, then it's not.

Does it matter if it's true anyways? If it isn't, you'll start with a bunch of characters. If it is, you get to unlock them all really fast. Most of us will have all the characters unlocked within a month anyways. (At most.)

If you have to give him counter evidence, like the box art theory, that's great. But don't just say "You're wrong because Kirby isn't in it and he won't be unlockable cause I said so." Give hard evidence, and support your "theoracy" as well as Panda supported his.

I wouldn't care if this is true. Again, most of us will have everything unlocked in a month. Does it matter if we unlock more or less?

Panda, your theoracy is great. Don't take what they say to heart.

I'm not talking to all of you. Only those who are mocking him and making fun of him. Everyone else is fine in my books.

EDIT - I rated this thread a 5 as well. For all those giving it bad ratings, stop it.

Darkurai

Smash Master
I believe Team Heal update disproves this theory. In the character select screenshot, there's Kirby.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I believe Team Heal update disproves this theory. In the character select screenshot, there's Kirby.
You are like the tenth person to point this out, and like the previous people, you fail to demonstrate how this proves what the starting roster is. What if Kirby were just unlocked for this screenshot??

Xiroey2

Smash Apprentice
You are like the tenth person to point this out, and like the previous people, you fail to demonstrate how this proves what the starting roster is. What if Kirby were just unlocked for this screenshot??
That logic is just as bad as the point that you were trying to disprove int he first place :dizzy:
Why would they go out of their way to choose an unlockable character, when it would be easier to choose a starter?
Your point is as logical as what you were trying to disprove...

IMO, I can't see the E4All roster being the final roster...and I know that it's been said thousands of times before, but I just can't see there being two characters in the first scene of the SSE which aren't available from the start...
They may as well make Mario unlockable too...

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
Right, Sakurai obviously has evereything unlocked on his Version of Brawl. so we still cant say "LOL KERBY = STARTUR LOL"

RenegadeRaven

Smash Ace
Well, this isn't the starting roster, since in today's update Kirby was shown as a starter.
In that pic, it was so zoomed in it was ridiculous. Why would he zoom in so much to show you a picture of Mario. I mean, it's possible that on that screen they have other unlocked characters and a possible altered character selection screen because of other characters being unlocked. They even showed Zelda playable in one of the screen shots.

Chepe

Smash Lord
Many, many people have pointed out this qoute from the E4A update on the Dojo: "The problem is Sonic. What to do... I suppose if we’re going to all this trouble, perhaps we should make him playable." This update was only in English. No other language. Did Sakurai write this? I don't think so, I think its much more likely Nate himself wrote this in Sakurai-style prose. But in the end, there is no way to tell who is actually saying this.
Sorry, but I find this kinda laughable. Im sure Sakurai has to approve what goes up on his own site, even in other languages. How is it not obvious that he just sent what he wanted to say but only to NoA to be translated by Nate for an exclusive add to the US site? If we say we cannot be sure, then we also cannot be sure that Sakurai is managing the site at all...

Nate would not add a Sakurai-mock out of his own accord...

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Go out of their way? If anything, they don't want to go out of their way to delete the save data and reset the roster to its original state. Seriously, is it so hard to imagine that they show a hidden character? Is that too far out there for people's minds to grasp?
Dude, you didn't make a lick of sence.

Why would Sakurai go out of his way to show some hidden characters, and not just show them all. If we go by the idea that the demo is the final roster then why would Sakurai revile the 14 starts (which is still laughable) and show off 8 hidden characters, only showing those 8?

ChaoticTH

Smash Ace
Some town in USA Georgia Mains: Falco and Yoshi _
Dude, you didn't make a lick of sence.

Why would Sakurai go out of his way to show some hidden characters, and not just show them all. If we go by the idea that the demo is the final roster then why would Sakurai revile the 14 starts (which is still laughable) and show off 8 hidden characters, only showing those 8?
Exactly.

This is SamuraiPanda: Final Smash

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
So wait, is it HIM just saying it, or is SamuraiPanda saying it. If that is the case, then I'll gladly take back what I said.

Xanderous

Smash Lord
Panda's a smart guy ( a really smart guy), but I think that some of you are accepting his theory simply because he's the one who wrote it.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond

I've got a thought.

If this is the final screen, why do the characters appear to be in no particular order at all?

It seems like Sakurai threw the characters wherever the hell he could. Usually, there is an order, even from the beginning of the games, that characters from the same games/series are generally in the same area. (The only time this ever was offset was in start of Melee when Pikachu was betwixt Mario and Bowser.)

Aside from DK and Diddy being adjacent rather than next to each other, this screen also has Mario in the top left corner, Peach near the far right, and Bowser in the bottom middle. I could see if Sakurai moved a few places around (once characters were unlocked and whatnot), but there would be such a character swap once you finished SsE that it would just be confusing. Sure you'd get used to it, but why start out in a nonsensical clusterfuk?

I know this doesn't really phase the theory much (if at all), nor does it really mean anything now, but I just thought it odd. Oh, and if there is an order that I'm missing, someone please point it out.

(I thought I had one with the "blades in the center", "speedies in the middle", "powerhouses in the middle", "projectilers to the right", and "hand-to-handers to the left"... but that got totally thrown out by Pikachu being over by the projectilers and far from the speedies, DK and Yoshi away from the powerhouses, Pit and Diddy being far from the projectilers... yea, you see where I'm going. Though, this could inevitably be the "order" Sakurai is going for, with some alterations made once more characters are unlocked, of course.)

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Anyone consider that, if Brawl is playable at JumpFest tomorrow and Sunday, we might see a NEW demo? Or at least one with a more extensive roster? I can't say for sure, but it's always a possibility. We can't discount the possibility of getting some more hands-on information.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Anyone consider that, if Brawl is playable at JumpFest tomorrow and Sunday, we might see a NEW demo? Or at least one with a more extensive roster? I can't say for sure, but it's always a possibility. We can't discount the possibility of getting some more hands-on information.
I don't think it will. I mean it could, but when Brawl was announced to be playable at EforAll, the US site got a notice update.

The Japanese site didn't get one of those tonight...

cswright

Smash Apprentice
your screenshot of the menu looks almost chronological except maybe for pikachu and bowser. Is this a Dojo pic?

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I don't think it will. I mean it could, but when Brawl was announced to be playable at EforAll, the US site got a notice update.

The Japanese site didn't get one of those tonight...
No, theirs is just at the top of the site. It's the first block of text you can see. They just didn't get a notice like we did.

IWontGetOverTheDam

Smash Lord
SamuraiPanda makes a VERY compelling argument, however, I'm inclined not to believe it for some reason. This is so well thought out that as soon as I thought up a counter arguement, he blocked that later in the post. I guess the only argument I really have is that the Melee demo was very different from the final version. Also, I don't think that even Sakurai knew what the starting roster would be at the time the demo was finished being programmed; what I think is that he put in the characters that were done being programmed. For example, Mario is a very basic character, but Pokemon Trainer may have had some bugs to work out. As for the Kirby argument... Maybe they were still adding in Kirby hats?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom