• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Starcraft Discussion

KyUuKyUu

Smash Ace
Hopefully far away from anybody who wants to know
Mine is:

Jaedong (C) - Too much of a fanboy to not get him :/
Flash - lol 6 point auto get
Luxury
SkyHigh
by.hero
free
STX SouL

Anti:
great
Casy
SangHo

I traded by.hero for XellOs in the second week and STX for KTF, who had the easier schedule... oops, lost like 6 points there >_>

Then just now I took out Skyhigh for BackHo since Skyhigh's not getting any playtime next week, and I'm thinking of getting KHAN over KTF; Stork and Jangbi seem to be picking it up again.

On a different note, for those who are too lazy to watch all the MSL Group matches, definitely check out EffOrt vs. HiyA (awesome hold lurkers) and JangBi vs. Kal for some hilarious DT fail. EffOrt is ****ing crazy these days...

Cynan Machae

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CynanMachae
My team:

Jaedong
Flash
Much
Kwanro
Anytime
by.hero
KTF MagicNs

Anti:
Canata
Firebathero
Horang2

I was doing pretty well last season, got first for two weeks, but now it's not doing so well :( My anti team fails

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
it was like a month ago :p

I just don't play frequently now, so I'm just commenting on the random games that I have played somewhat recently. If I took a night to play 5 or 6 games on iccup, I'm fully convinced I'd stop multitasking like a scrub while muta harassing.

Also, you'd be surprised what you can get away with and not get ***** by some Ds :p

P.S. I love the avatar

DCLXVI

Smash Apprentice
Really? I randomly got zerg against a D and tried what you did, albeit probably worse, and got slaughtered.
Have you ever seen this Organ vs backho game?: http://www.gomtv.net/videos/697
It reminds me of some of my earlier games vs dudutsai, except with much more skill.
I've been going through the TL recommended games, but only some of them are actually worth watching... can you recommend any very good games like holy war, not necessarily as long though?

And I fully expect smashboards to refund me for all 21 of my pictures this site...
233.95 * 21 = 4 912.95

pockyD

Smash Legend
given that 'D' is the default rating for a newly registered player, if you play someone who is a 'D' and doesn't have like 30 games under their belt, it's hard to tell what their actual skill level is simply from the rating

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I am pretty sure making the right decisions is really the only thing that matters in this game. "just by making the right decisions," lol? What else is there?

pockyD

Smash Legend
making the 'right decision' can help an army (i hate this term but i can't think of something better to use) defeat an army like 1.5x its size

however, no 'right decision' will help you beat a balanced army 5x your size

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Nothing will help you beat an army 5x your size. What's your point? I mean by that time you should've already said GG. Unless I am misunderstanding it sounds like you're trying argue my point.

pockyD

Smash Legend
to take it from the top, i'm saying that the mechanics that D+ players possess generally aren't well-developed enough to simply overwhelm someone less technical if the other player plays smarter

whereas if you play a B or A, they can potentially 5pool you every game and win even if you know it's coming

to relate it to the analogy, D+ players won't be getting an army 5x your size

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
I am pretty sure making the right decisions is really the only thing that matters in this game. "just by making the right decisions," lol? What else is there?
...Mechanics...

there are two things that matter... making right decisions and mechanics.

Multitasking and building units/keeping your money down is not something you decide to do, it's something that you are either able or unable to do.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I realize. I was just saying that cause it sounded like the others were saying making good decisions weren't that huge a deal.

Top Bottom