• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Starcraft Discussion

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
1a2a3a4a5a is attack moving your units (cause you're toss and your units are so stupidly good that you don't need to micro)
gg = good game
nore = no rematch

...so we make fun of toss discussing strategy by saying, "pft, toss strategy? just practice 1a2a3a4a5aggnore"

DCLXVI

Smash Apprentice
Do any of you play over hamachi frequently? Dudutsai says he plays some smashers online and that is how we play now. I play with dudutsai too frequently for it to be fun anymore (just like in smash) so i am looking to play new people. Battlenet wants me to reinstall starcraft before it will let me play even though i have a legal copy of SC... and I'm a bit too lazy to do that. I tried once and it didn't work, and I haven't found a solution online yet.

IxxI

Smash Fence
Must construct additional pylons! XD

Anyway, does anyone know of a Starcraft community forum? Like a big one?
Something like the equivalent of smashboards to Starcraft?
It's pretty sad too, because...I'm part Korean. T_T

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Everyone comes here asking this. Yes there is. Teamliquid.net or gosugamers.net. Both are good. but Teamliquid is probably more well known.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
MSL Ro32 Groups are up! http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=94682

Group B: JangBi, Bisu, Free, Kal

guess I won't be watching any of group B :p

EDIT: OTHER REACTIONS:
Stork basically has a bye to Ro16
Luxury picked smart if he can get his **** together...
Group E: (T)NaDa, (T)Iris, (P)Horang2, (T)UpMaGiC is ****ing pathetic... Horang2 hwaiting!
Jaedong, Leta, and Fantasy in the same group... JD better be ready to fight gay *** mech/wraith builds.
FBH has 2 tosses in his group T_T

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
poor fbh

he might be able to pull through it though....

also, jaedong vs. leta and fantasy will be very exciting to watch, I look forward to it :)

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
yea, they're pretty mediocre tosses, but still, FBH's TvP is very very poor.

who knows though? I'm confident in FBH vs. ForGG, so if he can just get 1 win vs. a Toss he could make Ro16.

I think Fantasy's gonna get the boot from that group. JD is god tier and Leta's been playing better than Fantasy recently IMO. Fantasy's super macro TvT is probably better, but I think Leta can beat him in a more micro intensive game.

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
MSL Ro32 Groups are up! http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=94682

Group B: JangBi, Bisu, Free, Kal

guess I won't be watching any of group B :p

EDIT: OTHER REACTIONS:
Stork basically has a bye to Ro16
Luxury picked smart if he can get his **** together...
Group E: (T)NaDa, (T)Iris, (P)Horang2, (T)UpMaGiC is ****ing pathetic... Horang2 hwaiting!
Jaedong, Leta, and Fantasy in the same group... JD better be ready to fight gay *** mech/wraith builds.
FBH has 2 tosses in his group T_T
Flash also has basically a bye to Ro16
Group E isn't pathetic, those players are all decent and better than the likes of shine or go.go...
I think Jaedong's shown that he's really good at fighting mech and wraith builds. I don't like leta's chances vs him. Fantasy, well who knows.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
that was a very exciting game, it definitely looked like both players had a good shot to win it, but a critical micro mistake decided the game.

it reminded me a bit of the "holy war" though between savior and nal_ra.....THAT game was a game for the ages! PvZ at its finest.

Winston

Smash Master
ehhhh, NaDa and Iris haven't been impressing me recently and I actually expect the other two to make it out, even though I consider them both to be low tier A-teamers.

for whoever hasn't seen it yet, teamliquid just released a starcraft wiki, looks pretty good thus far: http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft/Main_Page
Nada hasn't been playing much in proleague recently. I'm pretty sure this is because he's spending his time preparing for individual leagues. Not saying that Nada is great right now, but his surprising resurgence in his series vs Jangbi last MSL makes me want to not count him out.

Also, Upmagic is not a low-tier A-teamer >.>

Anyone see ...
GoojiLa vs July - Game 3 on Outsider
http://www.gomtv.net/videos/835 ?

pretty good back n forth action.
other notable games of late

Bisu vs Jaedong : clash of the titans
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpFDGyTLtpY&feature=channel_page

Baby vs Hyun: 3-port wraith from Baby (yes, 3)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuMr2kwi9uU&feature=channel_page

Reach vs Really: covert ops come into play against the Mantoss
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYnXlvUTzsE&feature=channel_page

Flash vs Leta: if you like TvT this game is pretty good
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1e5eplDqfI&feature=channel_page

Winston

Smash Master
top tier eSTRO = low tier to me :laugh:

if you haven't watched the Oz vs. Hite Ace Match between JD and Leta yet, you really should:
http://www.teamliquid.net/tlpd/games/12275_Jaedong_vs_Leta/vod
estro is getting to be a pretty decent team... upmagic/hyvaa/really/sangho is a pretty solid lineup that can definitely get proleague wins

they're probably at least as good as Wemade, Woongjin, and MBC

when I think low-tier proleaguers I think of like... skt zergs and etc.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
eh, they looked good last round, but in r5, they're 0-3 with a loss to Ace. Being as good as Wemade, Woongjin, and MBC isn't saying much, they're all punching bags to Oz/CJ/SKT1 and underdogs to Hite/KT/Khan.

P.S. speaking of proleague, it sorta blows my mind that Oz is where is it is... Like seriously, after JD, the drop off in player skill is huge (Hiya, Lomo, BackHo... nothin' special there). I can't believe they had the best record after r4.

Winston

Smash Master
Hell, all of KT vs. Hite's games were good (except the ace). Last night's SKT vs. KHAN was hella good too, Jangbi/Fantasy and Stork/Bisu especially.

Who else is playing fantasy PL? free is killing me here ... dead weight ...
I am... my first time doing so and not doing so great. I chose Zero which was a laughably bad choice in hindsight as he's generated... 0 points.

Other than that my picks are all reasonable I think

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
i had effort on my team before I realized that you had to have 1 player of each race on your team (****ing protoss), so I did some rearranging to add free as a good budget protoss in place of some marginal 2 point T or Z and then added sKyHigh to replace Effort since he was 1 point less expensive (fml, double loss there)... so yea... definitely feeling the Free pains too, in addition to the omfg, why do I have sKyHigh instead of Eff0rt pains...

Winston

Smash Master
i had effort on my team before I realized that you had to have 1 player of each race on your team (****ing protoss), so I did some rearranging to add free as a good budget protoss in place of some marginal 2 point T or Z and then added sKyHigh to replace Effort since he was 1 point less expensive (fml, double loss there)... so yea... definitely feeling the Free pains too, in addition to the omfg, why do I have sKyHigh instead of Eff0rt pains...
I thought skyhigh was worth 5 and effort 7?

Yeah somehow I didn't get the memo about Effort, even though I thought I had been following SC reasonably closely.

Picking a protoss was not a problem as I immediately decided I was going to have the great Backho on my team =)

I had a ton of trouble figuring out who to put on my anti-team, as I generally skip watching mirrors/games between two low-profile players, so I didn't really know who was bad/overrated enough to pick. In the end I chose some arbitrary protosses I didn't like and one of the many zergs with unimpressive IDs...

My team:

Flash
Zero
Skyhigh
Backho
Luxury
Hwasin
CJ Entus

Anti:

Pure
Modesty
Horang2

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
My team:

Jaedong
Flash
Luxury
sKyHigh
July
Free
KT MagicNs

Anit:
Really
theZerg
MVP

good call on Luxury, he seemed like an easy pick given his talent and being at 2 points (slumps usually don't last forever). Flash was an easy autopick for everyone at 6 points, such a ****ing steal. KTF was easily the right team pick, CJ was too expensive and Oz only wins 3-2, so they were clearly wrong. I didn't really understand the scoring, otherwise I wouldn't have picked theZerg despite him sucking (stupid team win points...) I missed Really becoming decent and he's hurting me too...

so yea, if I could do it all again, I would've picked backHo over free and made space with my July points to get Eff0rt, but eh, w/e, hindsight's 20/20.

Top Bottom