• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Starcraft 2 (Info on first post!)

Sensai

Smash Master
^^^

Concerning the nukes: the first thing I said when I saw the SC2 gameplay video (I was speechless throughout the whole thing pretty much) was when the the nukes fell.

'Wow....nukes still suck.'

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
Terrans are broken. Siege tanks, battlecruisers, and nukes made Terrans just ridiculous. The Protoss Mothership only makes everything fair again. Blizzard explicitly stated that there can only be one Mothership at any given time (thank goodness), and it will cost a large chunk of resources and take a great deal of time to build. Think about it... If you give your Protoss opponent that much breathing room, you deserve to have the Mothership wreak havoc on your town.

And for the record, the Terrans and Zerg will not have matching super units. Of course, that can change between now and release, but Blizzard made that clear as well.
Terran broken??? I admit siege tanks are extremely effective units but they are nowhere close to even breaking the game.

lol BC's and nukes unfair? If you get nuke'd you obviously don't understand what comsat, obs, ovies, and vessels do. Also nukes cost 200/200 and 6 supply with the addition of the time wasted making the attachment to the sci facility. This combined with the fact that ghost + cloak means your wasting alot of gas + time to tech to something that isn't even that effective. Lets also add the fact that to even make nukes you would probably have to sacrifice a comsat which is even more of a reason why nukes suck in general.

BC's are the same as nukes, to much time and to many resources have to be wasted for a unit that isn't even that effective. If for some reason you even try and tech to BC's anyone with 1/2 a brain will scout this out and PUNISH you for this. By the time you even get a few BC's your opponent will have easily had enough time to tech to an appropriate counter unit. (T-Gols/wraith Z-scourge/hydra/def P-Goons/only an idiot would go BC's against a P) Like nukes, in a real game no one is going to go BC's.

I dont understand why you only talked about P and T o.O??? It seems like you are judging the races powers based only on their final tech tree's. Go check out some Savior vids on youtube, he ***** P's and T's for free with his insane Z.

EDIT:
Aruun Z aren't really good at rushing :p. Of all the races Z have one of the most fragile early games in which they can be cheesed extremely easily. Most Z players tend not to rush in favor of going for a fast expo and pumping drones. Z can hardly ever win if they have an equal number of bases compared to their opponents.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I main Zerg because they are good at rushing (4-6 ling rush? kekekekekek ^_^)
and are good in overwhelming numbers. Terran are good for defense: bunkers,siege tanks,turrets,science vessels etc. but I never really learned how to attack with them...and the toss is good for massing carriers :)

animan

Smash Cadet
man i have seen this on ign and they talked about all the new characters
and i like the new tarren unit the rieppers i like the jet pack idea

Sensai

Smash Master
Reapers. They're on the front page.

Also: updated first post. New information, however minimal. And it's bad news.

Nuada

Smash Cadet
**will use an improvement on Warcraft 3's matchmaking multiplayer ability**

How is this bad news? We don't even know how the ladder system will work yet

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Terran broken??? I admit siege tanks are extremely effective units but they are nowhere close to even breaking the game.

lol BC's and nukes unfair? If you get nuke'd you obviously don't understand what comsat, obs, ovies, and vessels do. Also nukes cost 200/200 and 6 supply with the addition of the time wasted making the attachment to the sci facility. This combined with the fact that ghost + cloak means your wasting alot of gas + time to tech to something that isn't even that effective. Lets also add the fact that to even make nukes you would probably have to sacrifice a comsat which is even more of a reason why nukes suck in general.

BC's are the same as nukes, to much time and to many resources have to be wasted for a unit that isn't even that effective. If for some reason you even try and tech to BC's anyone with 1/2 a brain will scout this out and PUNISH you for this. By the time you even get a few BC's your opponent will have easily had enough time to tech to an appropriate counter unit. (T-Gols/wraith Z-scourge/hydra/def P-Goons/only an idiot would go BC's against a P) Like nukes, in a real game no one is going to go BC's.

I dont understand why you only talked about P and T o.O??? It seems like you are judging the races powers based only on their final tech tree's. Go check out some Savior vids on youtube, he ***** P's and T's for free with his insane Z.

EDIT:
Aruun Z aren't really good at rushing :p. Of all the races Z have one of the most fragile early games in which they can be cheesed extremely easily. Most Z players tend not to rush in favor of going for a fast expo and pumping drones. Z can hardly ever win if they have an equal number of bases compared to their opponents.
Have you ever played against Korean Terrans?

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
I can obviously tell you've never played a (good) Terran in general because you think BC's and Nukes are even close to abusable. I already explained in detail why Nukes and bc's are useless in a real game. Please explain why you think Bc's and nukes are good so I can destroy your reasoning.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I can obviously tell you've never played a (good) Terran in general because you think BC's and Nukes are even close to abusable. I already explained in detail why Nukes and bc's are useless in a real game. Please explain why you think Bc's and nukes are good so I can destroy your reasoning.
Nice job avoiding my question. Watch Korean pro replays and get back to me.

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
Nice job avoiding my question. Watch Korean pro replays and get back to me.
I avoided your question in the first place because you have no idea what your talking about. Yes I have watched pro Terrans Boxer, Nada, iloveoov, Iris, etc. Learn something about the game before you start ranting about imba's.

Please sir, find multiple reps where bc's and nukes are consistantly used. When you do this (you won't) I guess you will have proven me wrong. (Waits for reps of nr20 mins games on fastest...)

Frozenserpent

Smash Journeyman
Well, statistically, protoss is the worst race (a relatively large disadvantage against zerg, with hardly any advantage over terran). Terran has some advantage over zerg overall, but it's not especially big.

It all depends on if zerg can outexpand or not. Terran is far more micro-intensive than zerg.

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
Well, statistically, protoss is the worst race (a relatively large disadvantage against zerg, with hardly any advantage over terran). Terran has some advantage over zerg overall, but it's not especially big.

It all depends on if zerg can outexpand or not. Terran is far more micro-intensive than zerg.
You should see last seasons rankings for Starleague. Past seasons T ussually had a strong showing being loosely trailed by Zerg and Protoss. But with last seasons rankings it was almost completely even in the top 20.

I wouldn't say Protoss is the WORST race. Players like Bisu are revolutionizing the race, the same way Boxer/Nada did with T and Yellow/July/Savior did with Z.

Lord Galcian

Smash Rookie
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30MBljXxg3M

New Protoss units displayed and revealed. Also, not mentioned in either the video nor the text from the magazine was the fact that Reavers were present in screenshots, and one of the people being interviewed remarked on how effective Phase Prisms were in doing Reaver drops.

Sensai

Smash Master
^^^

Was going to ask if anyone had seen that.

I've been out of the country for about 10 days and haven't had any chance to get to Smashboards (my internet connection sucked). I DID manage to see the new 'toss units, though, so I should be updating the first post soon.

SloT

Smash Journeyman
lol to most of us, yes.. but to some gifted few, you can be really good with nukes o.o
And BCs in TVT arent bad.. infact many people use them, many progamers =/

McRonald

Smash Rookie
I like these new protoss draguns - Stalkers. They shoot air, ground, and have a blink ability.

Sensai

Smash Master
Updaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate in the first post.

And apparently SC2 will be playable at BlizzCon. So...anyone got an extra ticket for your dear friend Sensai?

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Updaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate in the first post.

And apparently SC2 will be playable at BlizzCon. So...anyone got an extra ticket for your dear friend Sensai?

Trust me Sensai, If i could go there and I had an extra ticket, I'd invite you.

SloT

Smash Journeyman
giggidax, just PM me for more information... i'll be happy to 1v1 you ^^
also Starcraft2.com update: Collosus
also i made a starcraft thread.. not sc2, starcraft lol
if you wanna meet sc fans, go there

Sensai

Smash Master
*cough*

Bump and updated. I'm sure I've missed a lot of new information in my hiatus from the world of Starcraft, so feel free to post links/tidbits I might've missed so that I can add it to the original post.

That is all!

S2

Smash Lord
I can hardly wait for SC2. I'm getting a new comp so I can play it (my current one sucks).

I was a huge Starcraft and Warcraft nut pre-Wow (I like WoW, but I'm a huge RTS fan... I'm more into competitive RTSs).

Although, it looks like they aren't using the same type of hero system that War3 did. That's a bummer. the heroes and how they level is a huge part of why I still play War3 today.

Sensai

Smash Master
Right you are, Buzz.

I watched it earlier today actually...very cool. Protoss look a little good, though, what with being able to teleport units into any Pylon range.

unknownPresence

Smash Ace
(keep in mind i started posting in the starcraft discussion thread during the 100's so idk if all of you have posted)

recently i havent seen pretty much all of these names, i recognize sensai tho

Sensai

Smash Master
Always nice to be recognized. :-D

And I cannot wait....unless Diablo 3 comes out before it. Any word as to which is coming out first?

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I heard Starcraft 2 will come in waaaaaaaaay ahead of Diablo 3. SC2 is finishing up the Terran campaign. Meanwhile, D3 hasn't even finished building Act 1 (last I heard). I wouldn't count on D3 until late 2010 at the earliest. :(

Top Bottom