• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Star Wars

OF 'til I OD

More vibes, please.
3DS FC
3797-8618-3772
Switch FC
SW-4939-9118-0296
Mine too was Empire Strikes Back. Darth Vader being revealed as Luke's father = too good.

Anthonygt08

Smash Apprentice
IDK i wasn't in to star wars movies but all were very good.

I got a question which one was the best Star Wars movie ever?

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
The Empire Strikes Back.

Story and character development wise, it was the best. A new Hope was a little slow and Return of the Jedi had a slight over emphasis on action as compared to plot. Not only that, but Empire is more memorable; the Battle of Hoth, first encounter with Yoda, Luke's patronage, and of course Lando and his smoothness.

Virgilijus

BRoomer
Sometimes I wonder about my generation...

The three most recent ones were, in my opinion, easily the worst of the franchise. In order, the best list goes like this:

1) The Empire Strikes Back
2)Return of the Jedi
3)A new Hope
4)Revenge of the Sith
5)Attack of the Clones
6)The Phantom Menace

The last three were pretty bad films. There were very few GOOD actors for their roles (Samuel L. Jackson, Liam Neeson, and Ray Parks are the only ones that come to mind). Not only did they basically focus on special effects, but they gave it a distant feel from the original trilogy. As much as George Lucas had always wanted to make them, I feel another big part was for the money.

Antz

Smash Apprentice
Sometimes I wonder about my generation...

The three most recent ones were, in my opinion, easily the worst of the franchise. In order, the best list goes like this:

1) The Empire Strikes Back
2)Return of the Jedi
3)A new Hope
4)Revenge of the Sith
5)Attack of the Clones
6)The Phantom Menace

The last three were pretty bad films. There were very few GOOD actors for their roles (Samuel L. Jackson, Liam Neeson, and Ray Parks are the only ones that come to mind). Not only did they basically focus on special effects, but they gave it a distant feel from the original trilogy. As much as George Lucas had always wanted to make them, I feel another big part was for the money.
Great list man and I agree with u on the money part!

Virgilijus

BRoomer
I, personally, found them subpar.. If you look at them objectively, none had very good acting (save a few instances), and while the plot was good, the dialogue was horrible ("Are you an angel?", "NOOOO!!!") and the effects took away from them in many ways. As much as I like Star Wars, I like good movies better and they are not very good films.

OF 'til I OD

More vibes, please.
3DS FC
3797-8618-3772
Switch FC
SW-4939-9118-0296
I, personally, found them subpar.. If you look at them objectively, none had very good acting (save a few instances), and while the plot was good, the dialogue was horrible ("Are you an angel?", "NOOOO!!!") and the effects took away from them in many ways. As much as I like Star Wars, I like good movies better and they are not very good films.
NOOOOOOOOOOO </Vader Yell>

smashman90

Smash Lord
I heard that they were gonna make 3 more star wars movies that were suppose to take place. And I think Lucas was having Paramount make them. I don't know if that is true or not, so get mad at me. I think Revenge of the Sith was the best out of the new trilogy. Attack of the clones was alright, Anakin was annoying but then again he was teenager, and like all things that happen to teens, **** happens. The only good part about the Phantom Menance was Liam Neeson and the light saber duel with Darth Maul.

OF 'til I OD

More vibes, please.
3DS FC
3797-8618-3772
Switch FC
SW-4939-9118-0296
I think they should make a stand alone Star Wars movie. It would start out with Vader asking Luke to join him and rule the universe together. Instead of denying Luke accepts, and turns to the Darkside.

It would show an alternate universe. Thoughts?

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Dont look at it technically. Just enjoy the movie. I agree that the Phantom Menace and Attack of the clones weren't that good though. I still haven't seen the Revenge of the Sith. I think Return of the Jedi was my favorite. Second was The Empire Strikes back followed by A New Hope which was the very first movie I ever saw. Memories...:)

Virgilijus

BRoomer
I'm not just looking at it technically. I'm a big Star Wars nerd and know quite a bit about the Star Wars Universe. It's just that the major parts of any movie (plot, dialogue, acting, cinematography) need to be done and done well and if I look at the first three and juxtapose them to a movie that has all of these...they don't look too good. However, if you take the original trilogy, it turns out different...

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
I personally Liked A New Hope, and Phantom Menace the Most. Now most will say TPM SUCKEXORSS. But really, I can't see so many bad things about it. Sure some of the dialouge was rather corny, but all star wars movies have corny dialouge. Can you say "Oh MAN, I wanted to go TOSHEEEEEEEEEE STATION to pick up some POWERRRR CONVERTERS.

PTM had some good action, a great presence of Liam Neeson, and of course, pod racing. Brings me back to the good ole Death Star Trench Run. That was one thing that episodes 1-3 lacked, were good space battles, not a bunch of corny lines like, "Look one of ours" and "Yah"

The Death Star Battle makes A New Hope.

Virgilijus

BRoomer
I will admit that the Toshee Station line, while a personal favorite for obvious reasons, is an incredibly corny line, nothing in the latest three matches any of the famous lines from the originals.

Speaking of such, what are your (every one) favorite lines from Star Wars? Mine are, to name a few:
"Hello. What have we here?"-Lando to Leia
"Jabba no wanga!"- That weird Twilek that worked for Jabba
"How can they be jamming us if they don't know we're here?""Fall back! It's a trap!"

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
THey REally should crank out some new Star-Wars
They really shouldn't... it would just become spam, and get worse and worse. I will admit, more star wars would be awesome. But be happy with the new Real-Action TV Show.

sir_mancelot

Smash Rookie
but the way way lucas did episode I, II, and III was the way he always wanted star wars to be its just that they didnt have the technology back then. but yeah, episode IV, V and VI were still better anyways because they really didnt waste film on stupid things such as podracing, jar jar binks, how jango-fett died like in a five second fight, and when that medical robot was talking. and they also should of improved some stuff such as making jedi battles (and the grievous battle) longer and they could of made natalie portman look more hot like she did in the first 2. other than that I,II, and III were alright.

Antz

Smash Apprentice
I think they should make a stand alone Star Wars movie. It would start out with Vader asking Luke to join him and rule the universe together. Instead of denying Luke accepts, and turns to the Darkside.

It would show an alternate universe. Thoughts?
:cool: Ur idea rocks man, They should make that into a comic book!:cool:

Virgilijus

BRoomer
I believe they already have alternate universe comic books with things like fights between Darth Vader and Darth Maul and the like (Vader won, by the way)...

smashman90

Smash Lord
One disappointing part in episode III in my opinion was that Vader and Palpiptine killed Mace Windu. Don't you think it would have been better or ironic if Boba Fett killed Windu instead? Besides, you could kinda imagine it, Fett using Windu's own lightsaber to cut off Mace's head off like what he did to Jango.

Skywalker

Space Jump
shinehex, you better watch your back.

Anyway, I'm going to go against the majority and say Return of the Jedi.

Antz

Smash Apprentice
One disappointing part in episode III in my opinion was that Vader and Palpiptine killed Mace Windu. Don't you think it would have been better or ironic if Boba Fett killed Windu instead? Besides, you could kinda imagine it, Fett using Windu's own lightsaber to cut off Mace's head off like what he did to Jango.
A little kid taking out a Master Jedi:confused: yea right:chuckle:

Pit 42

Smash Lord
Millions of fans, including myself, were foreseeing that before III came out. I think it would've been better if they did that.

That being said, my favorites in order are as follows:

1. A New Hope (Duh, it's like, the greatest!!)
2. Return of the Jedi (The most exciting and explosive movie series conclusion ever!)
3. The Phantom Menace (fun, and Obi-Wan is finally portrayed as one awesome dude.)
4. Empire Strikes Back (a little predictable, a little flawed, but still a good experience)
5. Revenge of the Sith (just because the special effects, action sequences, and acting was top-notch. Story? Flawed.)
6. Attack of the Clones (a little boring, somewhat flawed, but otherwise, not too shabby.)

Marthmaster92

Smash Champion
Stuck between a parallel dimension of code and you
I thought they were all good. I still watch episode 1, JUST for the final lightsaber fight, that is EASILY the best fight ever. It's hard to decide really. 'cause all the movies had their ups and downs. now, if you ask me what my favourite fight is, well you got that answer, but favourite character is probably general grievous and quigon jin.

Top Bottom