• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stand Tall and Proud like the Trophies in Brawl: New sSE Details

Frogla

Smash Ace
Well in response to doing things that are bad turning the charachters into trophies etc. I'll use and example.

Criminals(Bowser) use Gun to kill and hurt people for self gain.

While Police(Good Guys) use there Guns to protect the innocent and kill only when they must to protect themselves and others.

See the same item but different in each situation.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
Gotta' Catch Em All!
This man has the right idea. Well, the update was better than yesterday's. That's for sure. Getting trophies are going to be more fun and challenging this time around.

Did anyone notice the wifi symbol now displayed
Yes I did notice that. It means Nintendo's serious about showing that Brawl will be online.

krynny

Smash Cadet
the boss fight looks cool. im glad there was that hint of being able to play the bosses once you beat the game. there is a certain level of fun unlocking everything, before you get really into just the combat system.

Darkurai

Smash Master

This screenshot brings back so many memories of the three days I wasted trying to catch Rayquaza in Pokémon Sapphire.
And then the game froze when I finally got it. :(

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342

This screenshot brings back so many memories of the three days I wasted trying to catch Rayquaza in Pokémon Sapphire.
And then the game froze when I finally got it. :(
Looks like one heck of a boss fight.

ness4life

Smash Journeyman
In the apartment next to Sakurai. Friday is Pizza
The Rayquaza Boss Fight looks great!

On the topic of shadow bugs, I think that they are just a form of parasite from another dimension. They started to infect things, including the primids, and are controlled by the ancient minister.

Wario and Bowser are not affiliated with the SA, they're just doin' their own thing.

Silent_X

Smash Apprentice
What's with that green bar under Ray's red life bar?

and
Why are there no rule against hotlinking in these forums?

Tiamat475

Smash Journeyman
Green bar? I think that's the border around the life bar, it looks a little green but really it's grey.

AniMaL 214

Smash Journeyman
What's that bar to the left of Rayquazza. It appears to have smash symbols on them maybe because thats how many people you have in your group....any guesses?

RedKnight

Smash Ace
Actually an awesome update.

-Rayquaza confirmed as boss

-Cool way to get trophies

-can go back and play levels/bosses again

-Shadow Bugs...

Tiamat475

Smash Journeyman
That's the stock, depended on how many are in your team. Like for this screenshot.
Currently, it's just Kirby so therefore one stock.

Yoshi/DarkPit Dude

Smash Rookie
Gotta Collect em all!

I thought the update was kinda weird at first because it reminded me of pokemon. But it does seem pretty cool.

Oh yeah and the Rayquaza pic = Pwnsome!

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
Great update, Definately adds some time to SSE. -Alot- of time.

Depending on the rarity of this thing, me and my freind are going to have to go thru SSE several, several, several, several, several, times.

Great Update. I'd say about as good as a character update. -ABOUT-

Wolfgang457

Smash Journeyman
Gotta Catch'em All!

I think this is an awesome way to collect trophies, also makes things more interesting for the SSE.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Since you can’t get these trophies if you don’t have a trophy stand, pure skill is not enough-it requires a little luck, too.

I’ll make it so you’ll somehow be allowed to fight the bosses even after you’ve already cleared the game, so it’s OK if you don’t hunt all these trophies down in the first battle.
I-Is....Is he implying Boss Rush Mode?

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
I’ll make it so you’ll somehow be allowed to fight the bosses even after you’ve already cleared the game, so it’s OK if you don’t hunt all these trophies down in the first battle.
Boss Endurance Mode confirmed? (Where you fight boss after boss in a row until you either beat them all or die)

SirPainsalot

Smash Apprentice
I noticed that it said something about Shadow Bugs... I'm guessing the Shadow Bugs are that purple stuff that makes a Primid (hence that a Big Primid "means an increase of Shadow Bugs-- Does that mean that is takes more Shadow Bugs to move a bigger Primid?") and the stuff that the Halberd drops down.

Twoje

Smash Rookie
You know Kirby didn't damage the Towtow that much before peach successfully threw the trophy base at it.
I'm not sure if Towtow is a boss (sorry if I'm wrong) but as you can see from the Rayquaza picture, bosses have a ton of life, so Kirby would have damaged Towtow a lot (if Towtow is a boss).

If Towtow is not a boss, then Peach was probably able to capture it easily because it's just a normal creature, not a boss.

What I'm wondering is, from the picture of the Big Primid, they mention his "smash attack". I don't know if bosses (who weren't variations of playable characters) in previous Smash games have had smash attacks, but might this be a clue that the Big Primid (or the regular Primids if the Big Primid is too giant to be a playable character) are actually playable characters?

Just a thought...

Phred

Smash Journeyman
I love how so much of Brawl seems to be Kirby influenced. Gotta love that Sakurai.

Tanvis

Smash Cadet
Maybe when you beat the game to a certain percentage there can be a possibility to get that Trophy-tizer gun that Bowser and Wario have been seen using in videos. Thus making it easier to obtain trophies, possibly without weakening the enemy.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I think this is an awesome way to collect trophies, also makes things more interesting for the SSE.

I-Is....Is he implying Boss Rush Mode?
Maybe. OR cutscenes and the ability to fight each boss over and over.

Well, the kirby games did have a boss rush mode. It looks pretty apparent.
Ya, but you should also be able to fight each boss indivdually. And in a rush mode as well. Both=ABSOLUTE WIN! :)

Boss Endurance Mode confirmed? (Where you fight boss after boss in a row until you either beat them all or die)
That'd rock! :)

I noticed that it said something about Shadow Bugs... I'm guessing the Shadow Bugs are that purple stuff that makes a Primid (hence that a Big Primid "means an increase of Shadow Bugs-- Does that mean that is takes more Shadow Bugs to move a bigger Primid?") and the stuff that the Halberd drops down.
Ya, intresting find. I agree-maybe there is a way to destroy shadow bugs=??? Attacking it, maybe, to stop primids from being formed and stuff??? I think that will probably be implimented into the story. In fact-it will probably be the objective of many fights-to defend yourself against primids and enemies, and destroy the shadow bugs. Like a survival type thing, sorta! :)

This just makes the Subspace Emissary seem so much COOLER!...it's going to be great. Definitely. Two bosses shown thus far...I wonder who will be next=??? Hopefully we'll see some of the following as bosses or common enemies...

-Reggigas
-Giga Bowser
-the/a Fighting Wire Frames Army
-the/a Fighting Polygon Army
-Beast Ganon/any Ganon
-Zant
-King K. Rool (if he's not playable)
-Krusha
-Mother Brain or Metroid Prime
-Kraid
-Birdo (lol)
-Wart
-Porkey/Piggy
-Dark Samus (if not playable)
-Mecha Ridley or Meta Ridley (while Ridley is playable! :cool:)
-Andross (the N64 one, since the SNES one is a AT)
-The Aparpoid Queen
-Wolf O'Donell/Wolfen or something (assuming he's not playable)
-Dr. Robotinic
-Revolver Ocelot/Liquid Ocelot in a Metal Gear or something
-Basic Metal Gear REX's, Gekko's or something.
-Robotonic's Robots.
-Shadow.
-Knuckles.
-Solidis Snake
-the Black Knight
-A Dragon enemy, or something; A dragon lord or two, maybe=???
-Louise from Pikmin, or a giant Pikmin enemy.
-The Hemlock King from the Wind Waker.
-A Prime Hunter or two.
-Redeads
-Octorks
-Boblins
-King Boblin
-Darknuts

etc. Those would all be nice-since generic Mario characters are confirmed-and tons of bosses would rock my soxx! :)

Top Bottom