• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stages Discussion for C.Falcon (UPDATED for NEW MBR rules)

Windrose

Smash Lord
i tried that thing where s2j says to just usmash people if they land on a low platform. it works cuz you can't really sh aerial to tech chase them on those low platforms.

EDIT:

can't falco combo really well on FoD? (not sure if the platforms makes his comboing easier or not with the double dairs and stuff :S

Walt

Smash Ace
When the platforms are at their lowest falco can do the "SH dair>fall through dair>repeat" combo thing which is pretty good. I'm pretty sure nair/fair/bair/dair all come out when short hopping to the lowest platform which givs falco some really safe and tricky things he can do.

Windrose

Smash Lord
i dunno if falco ***** falcon...aren't you guys exaggerating a bit too much? falcons aren't just bending over and accepting the penis.

0Room

Smash Lord
In most people opinions it's an 80-20
In most people's legit opinions it's probably more 60-40/70-30

D

Deleted member

if you are not playing on point matchup is like 70-30

if you are playing super good 60-40, arguably slightly easier than fox

Windrose

Smash Lord
Ok, something cool just came up in my head.

Stage striking order??

Mind games involved?

Trapping your opponent to only certain stages??

-discuss?

0Room

Smash Lord
Lol it happens all the time
It's like counterpicking stages

Basically you want a stage that will benefit you and hamper your opponent

FabulousGeorge

Smash Apprentice
I think he means faking the deliberation. Like moving the cursor between two stages while making the "decision" of which one to strike. You actually really want to play one of the stages, but the opponent will think you don't like it even if you don't strike it.

Hard to explain, sorry

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I think you're putting way too much thought into it ... ~_~

I strike FoD and FD by default, DL BF and YS are sweet

FabulousGeorge

Smash Apprentice
I'm just ahead of the curve. The mindgames will spill into real life once people get so good at the game that they can't see any other way to improve.

I also need all the help I can get.

It's all about the irl mindgames

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Because I love wavelanding around platforms
If possible I strike to a choice between Battlefield and Yoshi's because DL platforms are mad high

FabulousGeorge

Smash Apprentice
Do you guys always strike your least favourite stage first (if you are striking first), or wait to see if your opponent strikes it with their choices?

I guess the risk is that when they know you are doing this they get a pretty guaranteed stage pick so long as they don't strike it like you are hoping.

More irl mindgames

0Room

Smash Lord
Lmao you're falcon
They're not gonna strike FoD for you

Otherwise eh
I don't really have a least favorite stage as far as that goes

I think your biggest scare is probably YS because of size issues
But if you like the stage and are really comfortable at manipulating it, that's less of a problem.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Just get more comfortable not relying on running back

Also learn funny wavelands on the cloud so you can be mad goofy

Probably won't work on real people but who cares cloud wavelanding is awesome
Once I edgecanceled my up-b on the cloud when it was out of the camera and felt amazing

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Doesn't mean I can't hate FD
I like wavelanding around the Christmas tree too much between stocks

Windrose

Smash Lord
Wow, the two stages you SHOULD be striking vs sheik are FoD and Battlefield.

The first stage vs sheik is usually on dreamland or yoshi's story.

If you win, sheik will take you to battlefield (falcon bans FoD) cuz Battlefield is great for shiek.

If falcon loses, you take her to pokemon stadium (cuz sheik will ban FD). that's just common knowledge brah.

==

FabulousGeorge is getting onto what I was thinking.

What if you strike FoD last?? There's a chance your opponent might strike it too (especially if you are the first striker i guess). Aren't there any non-falcon characters that hate FoD? (marth? i dunno..)

-this strategy failed on me once when I was a noob. I didn't strike FoD at all vs a ganon player thinking that ganon players also hated FoD. First game went to FoD :troll:........

0Room

Smash Lord
Like I said before
The unfamiliarity of FoD/dislike of FoD is outweighed by the fact that they know that Falcon players hate the stage

That's just a fact of life
However if you spend a lot of time you basically make them CP themselves
Kind of like SS does, and much more the way GReg did

D

Deleted member

I did indeed **** him on FoD twice in our MM and subsequent friendlies but that doesnt make him any less ghey

0Room

Smash Lord
Tech chasing Dthrows anywhere isn't that difficult
FD is a stage of momentum

Whoever gains it wins

Windrose

Smash Lord
Yo. FD is GREAT for vs Sheik. I'd say pick it if they don't ban it (they should ban that stage). Platforms help sheik a lot.

If they CP it against you, reneblade, they kinda just owned themselves.

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
yeah fd is good vs sheik

she cant recover onto plats, so you only need to work with predicting ledge or stage

she cant do needle **** nearly as easily, and your combos arent affected

sheik gains nothing in terms of tech chasing dthrows, ****s easy everywhere and youre not gonna be landing on plats until like 150% anyway

ive started striking fod second, turns out a lot of people hate it and will strike it just cause they always do

ive had a couple sets recently where i struck yoshis first, then a fox went and struck fod and bf for me, leaving me with a pretty decent choice between fd and dl64

dont underestimate technical space animals' lack of thinking

wont work against the best, but how many of us in here can claim to never lose to anybody but the best, i mean really

Walt

Smash Ace
FD is weird against Sheik.

No plats means you both lose
-tricky recovery options (effects falcon more)
-extra tricky movement (effects sheik more)
-getting to be below the other one (better for falcon to be below sheik that other way around)

and at neutral sheik has the advantage from needles, ftilt, nairing approaches. but falcon just DDing/and overshooting aerials can make it seem even

I wouldn't CP FD as either character honestly.

0Room

Smash Lord
Well
I feel like sheik isn't just about those things
But it's easier for her to cut off the stage when she has platforms

When she doesn't have platforms it's pretty hard for her to limit your movement
And if you have movement you can just literally run circles around her

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
not having platforms affects your recovery in most matchups, but with sheiks bair and **** you generally wont even be getting past her to land on those plats, and if you do get past her and land on the level, she probably would rather fair you off a plat than dsmash you on the ground, in terms of knockback. your cc should take care of any ftilt or dash attack shenanigans until pretty high %. in any case, sheik doesnt let you do the high recovery fakeouts like most characters do due to her bair so just go low and mix up sweetspotting and recovering onto the level, its actually hard for sheik to do much about you coming from straight below besides edgehog

sheik, however, should be getting at least stomp kneed every time you knock her off the level, if not outright killed. theres no confusion about where she'll land, and you'll have plenty of time to do what you want with her

JonnyW

Smash Ace
I always go FD against Sheiks. Just cause they are super easy to edgeguard on that stage and it makes it easier to be offensive. Just dont get tech chased!

0Room

Smash Lord
Which is pretty much what we've been saying
Oh well

the point is everyone has their own style
It's what makes this game so good

Windrose

Smash Lord
Can I donate this thread to 0Room? =( I don't know what to do with the first post to update it with all these posts ...there's a lot of great information that's been circulating around...

these are good notes and i'm writing stuff down so I hope everything here has helped other people as much as it has helped me.

0Room

Smash Lord
You don't have to update the OP except every now and again lol

If you want to start now, it's a good idea
Just basically summarize what was discussed

Top Bottom