• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stages by splat

B.W.

Smash Champion
In late games Bowser has been making castles in cavelike areas. It often looks like he has them in volcanos.

splat

Smash Lord
So, other than the temporary fix a couple posts above me, has there been any real progress for this stage that's been done by splat yet?
Sorry guys, I've been swamped with work the past weeks, and if everything goes to plan I should be able to continue working on it next week.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
I dunno if the fix worked yet but thanks in advance, leaf.
I did manage to test it, and my result were that it did seem to reduce the lag a little, though 4 player brawls still lag. However, I goofed and deleted a texture I shouldn't have; the lava has a white tint over it. Seems the fire texture was used for more than I thought. I'll fix it now, and edit this post with the download link.

EDIT: Download
The old download link works as well; I just saved the fixed file over the broken one.

Handy Man

Smash Ace
Sorry guys, I've been swamped with work the past weeks, and if everything goes to plan I should be able to continue working on it next week.
It's cool, man. Great things come with great amounts of time. I was just curious because I haven't heard much about it getting updates lately. Can't wait for the next version!

crabsmack

Smash Cadet
I did manage to test it, and my result were that it did seem to reduce the lag a little, though 4 player brawls still lag. However, I goofed and deleted a texture I shouldn't have; the lava has a white tint over it. Seems the fire texture was used for more than I thought. I'll fix it now, and edit this post with the download link.

The old download link works as well; I just saved the fixed file over the broken one.
Just tried this, and there was a noticeable decrease in lag. I still wouldn't recommend 4-player, but it's much better than before. 1v1 works great, even with Zelda v. Zelda.

Thanks for your work.

roymaster803

Smash Apprentice
Just tried this, and there was a noticeable decrease in lag. I still wouldn't recommend 4-player, but it's much better than before. 1v1 works great, even with Zelda v. Zelda.

Thanks for your work.
That makes me happy. It's a little small for 2v2 anyway. So it'll be a nice 1v1 addition. Maybe even a decent starter.

Kati

Smash Lord
I think the stage works over Yoshi's Story as well. I put my YS over Delfino to have more songs, but I realize the everybody else probably still has that vital stage in it's original position.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Very sexy stage indeed! Me to wished for a Bowser's Castle stage in both Melee and Brawl, glad you made one! Won't be able to play on it though... But props for the work done!

i1y

Smash Rookie
NNID
NLReal
Just wanted to pop in and say that my first impressions are excellent, I really like the look and feel of the stage. Looking forward to future updates!

The_NZA

Smash Lord
seems same amount of lag as MC or Big Blue? Also, does anyone have the big blue .rel file?

O-Koa

Smash Rookie
Sorry, I forgot about BB lol
It seems the same as MC

Edit: Tried the stage over Big Blue and for me, its the same amount of lag as MC. I could be wrong I guess. If anyone wants to try it themselves, here is the rel for Big Blue

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
Somebody needs to start playing around with the stage and try to minimize unnecessary things like large texture sizes, unused models, and definitely polygon count. Reducing these and the file size should definitely improve the lag issues. I would do it, but I'm fairly busy with other things, lol.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I looked at the stage, and there's a LOT of uneeded junk offscreen which is largely responsible for the lag.
I think looking through the model in 3ds max and deleting all the unneeded junk can go a long way toward reducing the lag on the stage.

Kneato

Totoro Joe
Just wanted to comment, after over a year of sifting through mostly crappy stage retextures on brawlvault, this is a breath of fresh air.

Either stages look good and are completely not viable for any kind of competitive play (walls, walkoff, gimicks) or it is sensibly put together and mostly balanced, but looks terrible.

This, however, is one of the rare stages that happens to be unique, well put together, good looking, and viable. This kind of quality is on the level of the PM team's skyloft. If it doesn't make it into the final release of PM it would be a shame.

I'm using leafbarret's edit and it works well for 1v1's but stutters every once in a while. I'm really excited for the final version of this.

Tuvillo

Smash Apprentice
Totally agreed with Kneato. It's a great stage, and completely fits in with what Project M stands for.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
This maps look amazing but I have no idea how to put this on my game
Download it, and unzip it. After you get it unzipped, extract the STGBOWSER.pac file out, and rename it STGKART.pac. Go into private>wii>app>RSBE>pf>stage>melee <---- drop the file in this folder, and let it replace (or you can delete the STGKART.pac file that's already in there). You'll be good to go.

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
Needs a fix for the lag T_T
Somebody needs to start playing around with the stage and try to minimize unnecessary things like large texture sizes, unused models, and definitely polygon count. Reducing these and the file size should definitely improve the lag issues. I would do it, but I'm fairly busy with other things, lol.

Kneato

Totoro Joe

Since people keep talking about the lag issue, I just wanted to make sure everyone saw this, leafbarrett's edit totally eliminates the lag issue in 1v1 and makes it tolerable in 3's.

Aaronator

Smash Rookie
Anyone good at 3DSMax able to cut down anymore unnecessary resources? I really want this playable for 2v2 :3

Top Bottom