- May 6, 2012
Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!
You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!
Know anybody that can do it? Or was that the gist of your post to begin with, sorry if the second is it.Many people have have stated that there's a lot of extra SSE stage on the sides of this stage.
People also keep asking someone who knows how to just cut the extra stage off the sides as that would probably fix tons, if not all, the lag.
So I checked out the excess SSE stuff, but dealing with it is over my head in terms of editing.
There's a lot of extra poly around there, but I use Blender and it's having issues importing the files, as none of the texture files are with the material files, and all sorts of nodes are lining up or something. I don't know, Blender stuff, once I get it in an editable form I should be able to deal with it, but I can't load it on whatever soft-ware I have.
Shouldn't be a tough fix if it's just the excess stuff causing the lag, but I'm not even sure it's that. I have a (really stupid way I did it) Sky Orpheon (the WHOLE stage and re-texture + model import) plopped over a 3rd Transformation of Castle Siege with a massive Dragon-thing in the background and lava everywhere, ALL shoved out of view but still moving, and the stage works fine. LOL
This stage just has a bit of SSE mountain side, but not with much depth, and it's all static anyway.
It's probably the crazy lighting or pretty animations that are causing it.
At least, that's with my very little, completely lacking, negative zoned expertise.
I'll keep working at it though. I'll send it to good stage people too when I quit on it.
Soooo you should have another smahsfest yesterday... lol! I can't wait until this stage is 100% done. Mario Kart will be ejected from Project M immediately.I got hdx, but I've never used it before...
In other news, I've made it completely lag-less (as far as we've been able to tell) in doubles, but all I did was remove the statue-pillar.
Mentioned it before, but splat said he minimized it by 170 or something poly's, but the count was still really high. It removed a lot of M2000's work on the lighting of it, but I'm not too concerned with the ascetic of the pillar (especially without the statue) when it sacrifices game-play.
Only had a couple matches with some bots to test it, but didn't have any in them. If it's acceptable after our next smash-fest (whenever the **** that might be) then I'll upload it, but it's not exactly complicated to do.
Actually, I'll probably just upload the entire Stage and Module folders once I have the icons for everything, as a 41 viable stage-list is pretty cool.
Leaving Kart for this stage, won't quit on it if it's not ready yet. It's too good.
I haven't done this yet, but will soon.I can't believe no one has given this Project M camera... If it is as easy as I have read.
I dunno why that happened to you but I am gonna try to edit it myself in 3ds max.I managed to remove the excess SSE parts in 3DSMax a while ago and it did eleminate the lag from 4 player matches as far as I can tell. Unfortunately though, the stage now looks like this:
Nevermind the black edges, the camera doesn't zoom out far enough the capture those in actual gameplay. Proof that the SSE stuff is actually gone:
I just gotta figure out what I did to mess up the UV mapping =/
I doesn't lag anywhere near as much with 4 players as the default, but it still slightly lags. I'm testing it using high-pixel count characters, of course. Also, the black rising ash in the background of this one looks awkward, since you can clearly tell where the animation screen/layer ends at the top.Here is the stage with the SSE stuff removed. Had to fiddle with the materials for a while to get the transparency to work correctly but it looks perfect in game now. Seems to cut down on lag some but I still believe the main issue is the main platform which is now the biggest object in the stage in terms of filesize. The problem is brawlbox (every version i try) has serious problems with this platform and any time I try to replace it, it crashes brawlbox and the stage, so I guess this is the best I can do for now.
Somebody please let me know if this cuts down lag for you at all. I noticed a little bit but I use dolphin on a PC so on a WII maybe it is more dramatic.
This one works perfectly with 4 players as far as I can tell.
Seems to cut down on lag some but I still believe the main issue is the main platform which is now the biggest object in the stage in terms of filesize.
I realized that most of the lag is coming from the fact that the main platform has too many polygons.
I hate to admit it, but I actually think/fear it's the pillar that's creating the lag. It is my first 3D-model and import - the amount of items in the 'materials' folder in BrawlBox is staggering.
THAT PILLARDropping in to give you guys an update: I found a way to change the mapping on the fron pillar so that it loses a whole lot of material nodes.
The model I'm working on now uses 47 nodes and about 11 textures. That might sound like a lot, but the previous version used 218 nodes and 15 textures, a whopping decrease of 171 nodes. I'm hoping that's what was creating the lag - as it has proven to be a hellish work the get the texture mapping properly working.