• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stages by splat

splat

Smash Lord
Splat, did you die?
Nope, I was incredibly busy. Luckily, the summer holidays started for me, so it's time to pick this up again. So here's an early preview of yet another thing I started.

Again: Anyone able to recognize what I'm basing this on?

Part of me wants to give every character its own home stage, but I also want to do something for this series (which I haven't played but looks like tons of fun). I'm thinking of a relatively simply layout, comparable to Smash 4's Find Mii stage but with a single platform above the bigger pillar. Thoughts on the layout, concept and current pillar design would be welcome.

EDIT:​

Some more work on it. I also updated the first post with some more previews​

Last edited:

splat

Smash Lord
In SketchUp, like it says on the image ;) I prefer to make the more blocky models in SketchUp, and then try to texture them in 3DS Max. I'm thinking of redoing Rice Beach yet again to give it a more natural shape, like Brawl's Yoshi Island (which is my favorite stage in the entire Smash series).
I just turned off the axes and print screened.

Now for the part I despise: texture mapping. I love creating the models and texturing them, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to easily set up the mapping.

I started this thing because I didn't feel like texture mapping. It's a bit silly and I doubt I'll ever finish it, but it gave me a bit of a chuckle:

Last edited:

Granfalloon

Smash Cadet
Wish I had a clue as to what the stage preview was based on..I'll guess Fire Emblem? No idea. Looks incredible though!

TheMarioaddict

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheMarioaddict
3DS FC
0130-1812-3778
Switch FC
SW-4314-7715-8313
I think it kind of looks like the Twilight Realm from Twilight Princess, but beyond that, I have no clue.

Omnigeek

Smash Rookie
I'm just a Nintendo nerd and a huge fan of Custom Robo; the Gamecube title in particular is my favorite in the series. Thus, the preview was instantly recognizable as a Custom Robo arena without the need for the icon.

themoonsloth

Smash Rookie
I'm having trouble installing this into project m. I'm pretty much following Sack Time's video of how to install stages (albeit slightly differently because I'm on a mac), but I cant seem to get it work. I am trying to have it replace Mario Circuit (or in PM, Peach's Castle), but it keeps freezing on the stage loading screen. Can anyone please help me?

EDIT: Nevermind, I decided to not be lazy and look through the entire thread more carefully. I figured it out lol. If youre having similar problems as I was, delete the kart.rel file in the module folder

Last edited:

Breadfrenzy

Smash Rookie
Have you updated the Gloomy Manor stage since you posted the picture on the first page?

Last edited:

Kneato

Totoro Joe
Did you really not have anything to do with the new Bowser's Castle stage?

splat

Smash Lord
I can honestly say I didn't. I was approached in 2012 by SOJ on the old Smash Mods forums, but that was brief; the PMDT quickly realized I had no clue what I was doing.

JCOnyx

Smash Ace
NNID
JCOnyx
Doesn't mean I don't miss your work. I'm probably going to put your Bowser's Castle as an ASL variant under their stage when it gets released. I know the person who helped worked on the official stage for PM, but I've used this one for so long I'll still want to be able to play it from time to time. And with ASL being implemented it seems like the obvious go to for me lol.

Granfalloon

Smash Cadet
You were the only one I know of working on an actual Wario Land stage :( I miss seeing your stuff Splat!

Sandfall

Stage Designer
But that's normal when modding!
Yup! When modding Brawl, you'll think you have something figured out, only to be hit with a random problem, error, or glitch that you've never seen before. The real test is figuring out how to solve these types of problems.

Anyway @ splat splat , those stage previews you have look pretty cool. I'd personally be pretty hyped if you eventually came back and finished them :p

Last edited:

JCOnyx

Smash Ace
NNID
JCOnyx
I had a bunch of friends hyped up when I showed them your Custom Robo preview. But seriously, don't feel obligated to start up again, I know this stuff is really hard (I really want to get into it myself more but just keep hitting brick walls) and you most likely stopped for a reason.

I won't say I wouldn't be happy seeing your work again though.

Rpggames77

Smash Journeyman
Is it for sure dead? in an early post he said he was real busy until the summer, so maybe summer = new stage time

Panudroid

Smash Journeyman
Maybe during the summer? But it's been a year since he said anything on the thread so I won't be too surprised if nothing crops up this year.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Summer of 2015 long passed.

Top Bottom