• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage: WarioWare

burrito

Smash Lord
I had the idea for a stage like this before, but I never actually thought he would do it. Imagine how crazy this stage gets when you combine it with assist trophies like Andross.

I really like the contrast in the first screenshot of the super detailed peach with he rest of the stage.

superduper

Smash Cadet
At the very least this stage has walk off edges so it is definetely banned.
Not necessarily. Suppose you can't "fall off" in the microgame screens. Only take damage. And when the standard stage comes, you have the opportunity to finish off your opponents.

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
Actually, all of the microgames and the piggy elevator background come from the first GBA game.
Obviously, but the wii quality of it was more than clearly taken directly from smooth moves.

At the very least this stage has walk off edges so it is definetely banned.

Since when do "walk off edges" suffice for an excuse to ban a stage??

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
We don't even know if you can wavedash, let alone waveshine.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Peach's Fair looks different, or is it just me?
It's NAir, not FAir. Peach's FAir was shown in the most recent issue of Famitsu. Today's DOJO!! update showed Peach using her NAir in the screenshot titled "Jump!"

Notice how her body is slightly rotated, right arm out and left arm behind her. She is in the process of NAiring. :grin:

EDIT: Is that Wario's FAir or his Standard Special Move? It has also been seen here:

It is unclear to me as to whether or not both Wario is on the ground, though. Even then, he could be falling from a FAir. Any ideas?

M

Maric

Fan stage

alright' the ultimate fan stage. I a true nintendo and ww fan can appriciate the stage. It's awesome that they have the exact microgames completely unaltered. I really thought more people played ww than what ive seen. oh well. I hope to see even more awesome vareity and clashing artstyles in future updates.

Best update yet? I Think so. Mostly for th diverse ART STYLE and not the bad graphics of it like so many people seem to beleive for some uknown reason.

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
This could almost pass for a more annoying, frolic inducing, wacky poke floats...

Not that it's a bad thing. Great idea for a fun stage.

EdwardGordon

Smash Journeyman
Brilliant! Beyond brilliant!. Best, beautiful stage yet! I mean the others are great but I love this stage.

Going to be some fun times.

I wonder if you can get hit by the hammer guy in the background of the desert portion.

-Foggy-

Smash Apprentice
in the Subspace Emissary. What is the Subspace Emi
I think one of my favorite things about this update is the fact that it cleared up some of his moves.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this confirms his:

Dash Attack is probably the headfirst dive that we've seen before. People thought it might have been his huge bite, but now we know he does it in the air.

The huge bite is probably a standard special move like Aeris said since he does it on the ground and air, like i just mentioned.

We have learned a new airial move, probably his Fair. Look in the last pic. Wario is doing a shoulder barge. At first it looks like he is on the ground but looking at the pic closer you can see he's slightly off the ground. Maybe after a short hop?

Anyway, great stage, although I'd love it more if it's the only stage of it's kind. If there's anything stranger than this stage, or anything like it, then it would be take away from the novelty of the stage and make it stupid. IMO though, WarioWare is Nintendo's strangest game, so it will get the strangest stage. Nothing to worry about there when you think about it.

The Franchise

Smash Journeyman
This has got to be the most creative stage yet. They've replicated the Warioware games perfectly right down to the timer. You can't really tell by the screens if the game partsof the stages will be hazards or not but either way should be a ton of random fun.

gkrackerr

Smash Ace
Hmm, seems like this stage will be fun. However, i doubt legality tourny wise. Seems like too many random factors that could alter the battle. But still, there is hope i suppose. We'll just have to wait till its release Dec. 3

Adi

Smash Lord
/sigh, Waveshine isn't the only reason stages with walk off edges are banned. In fact most of the cast cannot be infinite waveshine'd off the edge and those that can are able to Smash DI out of it.

The walk off edges provide an easy camping place for those with projectiles and it forces the opponent to come to you. Since you are in control at this point it is usually easy enough to get a hit in and most likely set up for an extremely low % kill off the side.

Not to mention all the random factors that occur throughout this battle, from the looks of it, it seems like most of the focus will be on surviving until the standard stage comes, and although it will be fun it isn't something you really want to do in a tournament match.

Chances are, this stage is going to be banned.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
Hopefully this stage will turnout to be a fun diversion, I am a bit worried at the speed of the stage mini-games though. Five seconds doesn't seem like alot of time to focus on the battle though(Assuming of course they're going to stay with the standard of the Wario Ware games).

-Knight

Zoinkslls

Smash Apprentice
The last sentence, it says, "Ah, what floor would you like, Smash?" I don't want to sound ignorant or anything... But who or what is 'Smash'? Is it a verb or a noun?
Anyway, it's a great stage all together...

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
The stage is something I've never expected it to be considering how it functions, but since some stages are walkoffs, to me it's going to be banned from tournament play. I'll still battle there occasionally.

Smash Ace
What is Smash!?! didn't you read the very first update?
this stage has 7eh 7074l20r2 (totalzorz) pwn463.

bob-bomber

Smash Cadet
this stage looks really cool it may be the best of the game but i want a luigi's mansion stage it would be held up by boos you'll fly through the mansion and at certiant points ghost will come flying and a green ghost will randomly apear and through banana peels all over the place

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
I was doubting they could make a Warioware stage but they pulled it off and it looks awesome. This update was almost making up for the lack of character update this week. We better see SOMEONE monday though. But this stage rocks. If you don't like it then you suck.

EDIT: Did anyone notice the last screenshot? It kind of looks like Wario is getting out of the charge move he did in Warioland. Could this be the side-B move I was hoping for? :D

Hinari

Smash Rookie
Intresting, Just wonder how fast the stage morphs...seems like our smashbros translator died though.

Sneaky 2.0

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2724-1598-9725
It's a shame, the wonderful things that were worked so hard on only to be banned. I guess items wouldn't be banned if only crates and capsules wouldn't explode. It's just bad luck, just avoid them if you spent hours practicing your wavedash.

What's so bad about standing under an umbrella for five seconds? If you think the other guy is going to smash you, smash him/her first.

M

Maric

Banned?

People keep on talking about it being banned from tourney play like it means its never going to get played. If you think about it(and it should be obvious) only a very small % of all smash players world wide actually play tourey wise ( every one i know does not, and thats alot of people).

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
People keep on talking about it being banned from tourney play like it means its never going to get played. If you think about it(and it should be obvious) only a very small % of all smash players world wide actually play tourey wise ( every one i know does not, and thats alot of people).
Walkoff stages means everyone's going to want to grab people from the side. So what if there's a small amount that goes to tournaments? It doesn't mean it's not going to be banned.

Top Bottom