• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage: WarioWare

Smile Guy

Smash Apprentice
Why has not a single person seemed to have played WarioWare and yet every single person is acting snobby about it. Pathetic.

These level designs are ripped directly from the original WarioWare which is yet another absolutely fantastic fan-service. And yet you whine that it looks like its drawn by a four year old on Paint... that's the freakin' style of the first WarioWare! Now never talk about games again until you've actually played some.

This stage will be fantastic to mess around with friends. I can see myself enjoying myself a lot with this stage. Sometimes it can be fun to enjoy things rather than whinge, see?

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
This is pretty sad that people are already making a level tourny banned before they even played it :(

Oh well.

Awesome update!

Phred

Smash Journeyman
This is pretty sad that people are already making a level tourny banned before they even played it :(

Oh well.

Awesome update!
It's true, but from what I understand, banned stages are ones that are a bit unpredictable and don't lend themselves well to pure fighting.
That's everything this stage is~! :D
I for one, love it. All my friends get a big kick out of Wario Ware games, and I'm sure this will make for some hectic battles. Especially with the dodging of rain and other assorted things, I see epic battles happening under that very small space.
The Elevator is a pig... which game used a Pig Elevator? It's a different animal in every game... Could it have been Smooth Moves?

Sneaky 2.0

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2724-1598-9725
I'm just wondering how this will fit into the Subspace Emissary, if multiplayer stages can actually make it into it.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
No the pig was from the original. Man this stage will be awesome, it'll be like a miniture warioware game built in brawl with... brawl avatars. Once I unlock snake this is the first stage I'm playing him on (of course with jigglypuff, Pikachu ancd kirby as his foes).

Sneaky 2.0

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2724-1598-9725
I'm not really afraid of the rain stage. It doesn't look like players flinch in the slightest. After all, it's not like it's hail.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
I'm just wondering how this will fit into the Subspace Emissary, if multiplayer stages can actually make it into it.
I don't think it will. If they did though it would be a segment when the player gets sucked into the video game (probably by one of crygors crazy inventions), but still even in wario's universe this is fake so I doubt it will happen.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I searched the source code on the US site today, and it says on top, something about the Wario Ware stage, yet still no update.

Sneaky 2.0

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2724-1598-9725
I searched the source code on the US site today, and it says on top, something about the Wario Ware stage, yet still no update.
I'm not sure you'd find much there. Not saying you wouldn't for sure....

BoG

Smash Journeyman
Some of you guys suck, this stage will be awesome. I can imagine the super fast pace of the gmes will make it more fun, because if you only focus on the game, your friend will knock you out of the ring. It's a cool idea that won't get in the way of battling, like Ice Climbers stage.

Link Sharingan

Smash Ace
wtf you people talking about wend i log on this morning in the US site there was the update
maybe you need to delete your cache

IllidR

Smash Champion
This stage looks fun to play on every once and a while, it's very creative and true to the Warioware series but looks a bit too hectic for me. I wonder if the background changes can hurt you.:p

The website still isn't showing the update on the Dojo homepage for me.. screwy.

Wyvern

Smash Journeyman
mario using his shield in the rain sreenshot?
I thought the same thing for a second. But then I realized if he was, he would surely have a blocking animation to go with it...in the screenshot, it just looks like a normal jump. I'm pretty sure the circle is just a frame of the "kerpow" animation from getting hit by the rain.

Keyfire

Smash Rookie
Wow, this stage looks great. will change the gameplay completely! Not good for tournaments almost certainly but great for mixing things up a bit. And never played warioware? Shame on you! Its something everyone should play at least once, just to experience its frantic gameplay and random humour. There's really nothing else quite like it

Keku

Smash Apprentice
I hated Flat-zone in melee, and therefore I'm not all that happy about this update either.. Oh well, I hope it turns out well. :)

Drake3

Smash Ace
I hated Flat-zone in melee, and therefore I'm not all that happy about this update either.. Oh well, I hope it turns out well. :)
Yeah I hated Flatzone too. But WarioWare was alot of fun, so maybe this stage will replicate some of that. Anyway it does seem to be like a "take a whacky break from your typical stage" arena.

Jackal478

Smash Ace
For all you haters, Go play a WW game and see exactly how the stage will feel.

The stage really matches to its Crazy counterpart, and it looks like it will feel almost the same.

It's cool, but it looks too strange

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
For all you haters, Go play a WW game and see exactly how the stage will feel.

The stage really matches to its Crazy counterpart, and it looks like it will feel almost the same.

It's cool, but it looks too strange
Aren't you kind of contradicting yourself. The wario ware stage will be cool and I will enjoy it, simply said.

NukeA6

Smash Master
A stage as weird as Wario himself. That was expected.

Are the Warioware microgames really 5 seconds? It seems a bit short to have fun on a game.

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
It looks like Warioware will alter different things for every mini-game,like your speed,and the gravity and stuff like that. I wonder what the "reward" will be?

Sneaky 2.0

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2724-1598-9725
yes they are. It's the idea of being able to adapt at such a rate to last for a long enough time. It's quite the enjoyable experience.
Something like that shouldn't be too complicated for tourney play. If all of these moves like wavedashing can be learned, and players can dodge attacks and smash their opponents off the stage in one motion (when it was always intended to take two), then why can't they jump when some guy hits the ground with a hammer?

ShoDan

Smash Apprentice
everyone should have atleast played wario ware once, its briljant but hard to explain
and i think that the reward would be a item or the people who didnt win the minigame gets a extra 50 procent damage

briljant level

Sneaky 2.0

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2724-1598-9725
everyone should have atleast played wario ware once, its briljant but hard to explain
and i think that the reward would be a item or the people who didnt win the minigame gets a extra 50 procent damage

briljant level
One of the WarioWare games had items that could be collected and stored into a toy box. That's why I think the "reward" will be something like collectible stickers.

ShoDan

Smash Apprentice
but its a multiplayer level, so why would you get single player goodies
i think the rewards are like damage or hazard stuff, maybe if you play the level in singleplayer you wil get stickers

and for the people wo dont know what wario ware is, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3VRTgMWVsc

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
This is based on WarioWare Smooth Moves 150%.
I'm loving it.
I wonder what the reward will be...

superduper

Smash Cadet
God, this is brilliant.

I was hoping and thinking of a stage EXACTLY like this but I really didn't expect it would actually come true. I'm totally gay for the WarioWare series and in my humble opinion they did a great job in not altering one bit the visual style of the games.

All you whiners probably never played it to understand the idea behind WarioWare. Of course this will be a multi-tasking driven stage, and it will probably require an insane amount of fast thinking. But that's the whole idea behind WW.

Another reason why this stage is the awesomest update evar: this is the first DIFFERENT stage we have. All of the ones confirmed till now are boring and basic (main platform, two or three upper platforms, yadda yadda). Pretty backgrounds don't do **** for me, even if they're moving like in Lylat Cruise. The artstyle in WarioWare stage stands out, is unique and has personality. It's a stage with a challenge, a bizarre challenge, true, but way cooler than just having to move up and down like in Rumble Falls (aka Icicle Mountain 2).

Smash was never about the solid gameplay. It's about random quirkiness. Fun fun fun. And this stage is fun.

BTW, this is my first post here. Hallo thar.

Suicide-4-life

Smash Rookie
Hmmmmm....

Cool addition i'd say, but during the different phases, like in the pic with the coal miner, it looks like peach and kirby are in two different grounds(fore ground, middleground, background)

Top Bottom