• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Tournament: Pokemon Stadium 2 Vs. PictoChat

ru5514n

Smash Ace
Halberd. Epic music (except Forest/Nature area, wtf was Sakurai thinking), and it is more epic as far as background goes. Also, despite the hazards, it is more fair that LM.

camden

Smash Apprentice
I'm too busy/tired to write a full analysis, so I'll just be nice and sweet.

Layout/Legality: Halberd wins this, because it's open, and never cramped, and the hazards are light enough that they'll barely do anything to you. Luigi's mansion is just too crazy for the ceiling techs and the lost power from hitting the mansion, instead of a player.

Artistic Value: Halberd wins again. Luigi's Mansion is a pretty nice sight, but that just can't compare to the awesome sight of the Battleship itself. Such beauty, such regality. Wow.

Music: Again, Halberd wins. Honestly, Halberd is one of the Top 3 or 4 stages for best music. Incredible selection indeed. Every track fits the stage in some sort of way, even the Forest/Nature Area from The Amazing Mirror, a GBA game (good game imo). Luigi's Mansion has some dark music that fits with the stage, but overall, it's quite dull compared to Halberd's music.

Fun Factor:

Again, Halberd wins. While flying around, being able to utilize the stage's one-sided solidity can cause confusion in some opponents, and just gives you more room to play in general. Luigi's Mansion is just so limited because of the mansion. If the mansion is broken down, it's an ok neutral stage for a bit, but then the crappy old mansion returns. Oh ya, those hazards at Halberd are so slow, you can't do anything with them, unless your opponent is really bad with DI.

Halberd wins, 65:35.

Lol, that's a shortened version, and it's still longer than anything I see on this thread. XD

roy_owns

Smash Lord
As owner of this thread, I feel it is my duty to read your posts, camden.

Luigi's Mansion is abandoned for a reason...
(16-7)

Today will be Shadow Moses Island Vs. Onett

Jonkku

Lacks pick-up lines.
Onett because it's related to Mother, duh. ;D
...This. Also because Shadow Moses' walls tend to work against me every single time.

And holy crap what's with all that coding in your post The Sleepy One? Seriously, there's more BB code in your post than there is actual text. :p

xepherthree

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4167-4976-4789
Distant Planet. NPC(lol) is too big, and ruins a match too easily. And even though I main ROB, characters with good recoveries can just fly under the stage. Limousine FTW, but I goota go with Distant Planet on this one. I laugh at the french song on there XD

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Distant Planet. I absolutely loved Pikmin 2; one of the very best games ever. And its a fun change of scenery.

roy_owns

Smash Lord
I thought of a joke I could put in for New Pork City... but then I figured it was offensive... Most people should get it by now (I mean this all in the most respectful way)
(12-2)

Today will be PictoChat Vs. Mushroomy Kingdom

Top Bottom