• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Thread 2, The Revenge of the Return of the Reemergence of the Stage Thread

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
Now with Fancy Colors

Good Stages:chuckle:
Norfair - not really sure on this stage, it's banned out here, anyone wanna explain this to me?

Smashville - small stage, fairly open, with a platform if you need it. The moving platform allows you to mow people down with fire from above. Grab releases are very easy to do here. you're favorite neutral

Castle Siege - during all stage changes, as well as when you are on the second stage, you can grab release people off the side for an easy ko. small stage, hard to get camped here, just don't cp dedede here

Corneria - the ceiling in here is LOW, really LOW, upb kills early, usmash kills early, utilt kills early, uair pretty much just kills

Pokemon Stadium 1 - not really sure, bowser's just really fun on this stage

Situational Counterpicks
:confused:
Final Destination- good for metaknight and wario
Frigate Orpheon - for the tether characters, and other people who rely on ledges
Battlefield - good for campy characters, rob, falco, snake, NOT olimar, TAKE OLI ELSEWHERE, BAD THINGS HAPPEN ON THIS STAGE

Bad stages:urg:
Yoshi's Island - the central platform makes it very easy for people to camp you, i just never liked this stage
Jungle Japes - very high ceiling, so all your ko moves are no good, water kills you and it says mean things about your mother, all in all, you probably wanna ban either this or rainbow cruise
Rainbow Cruise - this fabulous stage doesn't stop moving, and you will occasionally die because of it, good luck

Character Specific

bowser king said:
Bowser Counter Picks and Bans (That's the title)

Bowser's Counter Picks and Bans​
This thread is used to choose what stages should be counter picked or banned on what character.

:metaknight:

Metaknight
Counter-
Ban-
:snake:

Snake
Counter-
Ban-
:falco:

Falco
Counter-
Ban-
:dedede:

King Dedede
Counter-
Ban-
:gw:

Mr. Game and Watch
Counter-
Ban-
:marth:

Marth
Counter-
Ban-
:diddy:

Diddy Kong
Counter-
Ban-
:wario:

Wario
Counter-
Ban-
:rob:

Rob
Counter-
Ban-
:lucario:

Lucario
Counter-
Ban-
:olimar:

Olimar
Counter-
Ban-
:pikachu2:

Pikachu
Counter-
Ban-
:kirby2:

Kirby
Counter-
Ban-
:dk2:

Donkey Kong
Counter-
Ban-
:popo:

Ice Climbers
Counter-
Ban-
:zerosuitsamus:

Zero Suit Samus
Counter-
Ban-
:toonlink:

Toon Link
Counter-
Ban-
:pit:

Pit
Counter-
Ban-
:peach:

Peach
Counter-
Ban-
:wolf:

Wolf
Counter-
Ban-
:luigi2:

Luigi
Counter-
Ban-
:zelda:

Zelda
Counter-
Ban-
:bowser2:

Bowser
Counter-
Ban-
:fox:

Fox
Counter-
Ban-
:shiek:

Shiek
Counter-
Ban-
:ike:

Ike
Counter-
Ban-
:mario2:

Mario
Counter-
Ban-
:lucas:

Lucas
Counter-
Ban-
:ness2:

Ness
Counter-
Ban-
:samus2:

Samus
Counter-
Ban-
:sonic:

Sonic
Counter-
Ban-
:pt:

Pokemon Trainer
Counter-
Ban-
:yoshi2:

Yoshi
Counter-
Ban-
:link2:

Link
Counter-
Ban-
:jigglypuff:

Jigglypuff
Counter-
Ban-
:ganondorf:

Ganondorf
Counter-
Ban-
:falcon:

Falcon
Counter-
Ban-
Thanks to the TL boards for the idea :)

-----

That's all folks :)

Hixxy

Smash Apprentice
I like Smashville since the stage size makes it easier against projectiles (especially hit and run like Fox) and makes it easier to approach.

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
dude i just posted in the bowser chatroom and general discussion thread about making a stage guide :grrr: jks as long as this works out well im happy :)

as for the stages his best are probably battlefield and smashville as he can pretty much control the whole area not to mention platforms are awesome for bowser

Flayl

Smash Hero
Why would Fox hit and run? That would only work for him on banned stages.

Hixxy

Smash Apprentice
Have you played with a hit and run Fox on Final Destination before?

Flayl

Smash Hero
There's nowhere to run.

edit: You should have mentioned Luigi's mansion.

Nitros14

Smash Journeyman
Norfair is my favourite for the platforms upsmash/tilt goes through, the lack of any room for chain grabs, the stage hazards that Bowser survives better than anyone and the multitude of edges to prevent Bowser's mediocre recovery from being gimped.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
I'll add in which characters to counterpick on which stages later
Yes, because these completely depend on the character your fighting, like you would want to take a DDD to BF while you would want to take MK to FD, DDD ***** you on FD while MK ***** you on most neutrals with platforms.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I can see I have some misinformation already, but I'll ask anyway. Would any of you agree on this?:

:bowser2: Bowser
Best: Norfair, Battlefield, Castle Siege
Worst: Distant Planet, Final Destination
It's for this thread, discussing each character's 3 general best and worst stages.

If no, suggestions?

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
distant planet isn't bad

jungle japes and brinstar are his worst from my experience

fd is a situational counterpick (characters with no projectiles that get cg'd like mk)

3GOD

Smash Ace
I personally like Lylat Cruise in most situations. Bowser's Usmash pretty much covers an entire platform, and he lives a good while on this stage as well.

Needs more discussion...

ZackInTheBox

Smash Rookie
Quick question about Bowser and stage pick:
Which would be the most Ideal stage for using the Flying slam move to commit Bowsercide effectivly and with the most ease?

Ability to not take damage easily is preferred, and a stage that may make me die faster is fine.

Sliq

Smash Master
Perhaps his thought it would screw with the Wolf player more then himself.

This.

10 crocodiles

Out of curiosity, what happens when Bowser suplex's someone into lava?

EnragedMathlete

Smash Cadet
That's understandable with wolf's tricky recovery but the toonlonk boards also suggest banning japes against bowser.

Norfair seems like the best CP for bowser (unless you're playing mk?). The low ceiling allows for earlier usmash and utilit kills and the lava could help with getting the other player to a kill percentage. Also, the multiple ledges give bowser a much better chance of getting back to the stage without getting gimped.

Aside from having a flat stage which favors grab releases what makes pokemon stadium 1 worthwhile? The edge makes recovering from below kind of tricky. There are walls which lead to infinites against bowser in a couple of matchups. I don't think the celing is particularly low.

Sliq

Smash Master
Well I know that Ganon's over b forces the opponent to bounce off the lava downwards, which kills them off the bottom, and I wasn't sure if Bowser was the same.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Well I know that Ganon's over b forces the opponent to bounce off the lava downwards, which kills them off the bottom, and I wasn't sure if Bowser was the same.
I think it is, but they don't go as low as what ganon does, and you can DI ganon's overb kill into the lava thing and live( DI'ing the lava, not the overb)
Ill test bowser's overb into lava sometime later tomorrow.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
i think yi is good for bowser.over the edge bowser's up air can go through tons of space.makes good for trick kills

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
I was thinking this thread needed some work done to it.

Why don't we do what the TL boards do and have a every-other day character counter pick disscusion?

I'd be willing to take over if you want bigfoot.

EDIT: ...and no, I don't main or secondary TL. This is just an avi from a video.

-:bowser:Bowser King

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
shot. I left some stuff out in the good version. If you don't mind itsthebigfoot. Could I make a new thread?

If you want to keep this one, that's fine. I fully understand but I just left this thing out of the good copy.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
I usually PM a mod. It allows for things to get done a loooot quicker.

Though, seeing ow you updated the OP, I think it's up to you.

You should get rid of the Quote around the character specific. It'll make it easier to edit and make it look nicer.
If you really want to put my name on it you can just add it to the end :p

Liquid Gen

Smash Ace
Bowser King, if you don't mind I can go around the boards looking for counterpick info myself to speed the process up a bit. We can coordinate our efforts to one, lulz.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Bowser King, if you don't mind I can go around the boards looking for counterpick info myself to speed the process up a bit. We can coordinate our efforts to one, lulz.
I guess that would be cool. Though I really want to see everyone's opinion on this.

Plus, it's only going to take about 50 days to complete every character ;).

Liquid Gen

Smash Ace
True. But if we get like... 4 or so people each doing different boards, each person would receive their own assignments, and we'd have a certain outline of what info it is we need to establish. Like we agreed, Bowser boards need to get organized, and this is a good start to it.

Top Bottom