• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Speculation and Discussion Thread

Aeronite's Kiseki

Smash Journeyman
83? HUGE number!

Since so many stages are confirmed here's a list of the past stages that aren't confirmed:

Kongo Jungle
Mushroom Kingdom 64
Peach's Castle
Planet Zebes
Sector Z
Brinstar Depths
Corneria
Flat Zone
Fountain Dreams
Icicle Mountain
Mushroom Kingdom Melee
Poké Floats
Rainbow Cruise
Yoshi's Island Melee
Delfino Plaza
Flat Zone 2
Hanenbow
Mario Bros.
Pictochat
Pirate Ship
Rumble Falls
Dream Land 3DS
Golden Plains
Mute City 3DS
Pac-Maze
Paper Mario
Pictochat 2
Rainbow Road
Big Battlefield
Flat Zone X
Gamer
Jungle Hijinx
Miiverse
Pyrosphere
Windy Hill Zone
Woolly World

Notes:

There is a stage featuring the Great Fox that could be Sector Z or Corneria
There is a Flat Zone stage but it's unkown which one it is.
There is a Pictochat stage but it's unknown which one it is.

Prolly want to add Mushroomy Kingdom 1-2 to that list...

Pipe Dream but it would be hilarious if Hole, Bath, and Maze came back too xD

Last edited:

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
I really think every stage is being brought back from the previous titles. They've made so many already that I can't see them not completing the list.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
i wonder if the old stages will have their codecs return with new ones for the other characters id love to hear what they have to say about some of them

Shroob

Sup?
At this point, it almost would feel awkward to just not bring back every stage.

Delfino and Fountain of Dreams are probably two of the most popular stages from their games; it would shock me if Sakurai didn't bring them back.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
At this point, it almost would feel awkward to just not bring back every stage.

Delfino and Fountain of Dreams are probably two of the most popular stages from their games; it would shock me if Sakurai didn't bring them back.
It is funny. I remember last year that I thought Smash Switch would be basically SSB4 Deluxe with all characters and all stages from both versions and just add all the cut veterans from Melee and Brawl. And it looks like Smash Ultimate did just that and more... it could add all the stages from 64, Melee, and Brawl too AND add a few newcomers and new stages.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Worth noting that on the website, every currently confirmed fighter has a stage behind them...

...except R.O.B.

Not trying to get my hopes up at this point, but I'd keep my eyes peeled for a Gyromite stage reveal in the near future.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Worth noting that on the website, every currently confirmed fighter has a stage behind them...

...except R.O.B.

Not trying to get my hopes up at this point, but I'd keep my eyes peeled for a Gyromite stage reveal in the near future.
i was thinking the same thing myself

youd think theyd have at least given him pictochat are something if he didnt have one

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom

a brand new stage?
this definitely doesn't look like any old stage that I remember
They mentioned in a Gamexplain video that this could be from the new Final Destination
Apparently Orbital Gate Assault has been spotted in the about section of the official website.

Sauce
potential.PNG

It could be the one on the left or the right, though the one with Meta Knight might be from Lylat Cruise

Last edited:

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
Do we think all 3 Flat Zones will come back or just X? There is also the question of Pictochat 1 and 2 but Pokemon Stadium has shown that both can coexist.

Another question: Do we think that daytime Dr. Wily's Castle from 3DS is gone or will it be an extra option a la the different Boxing Ring designs or the day/night cycle for Animal Crossing?

Super Flygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Master_Zach
3DS FC
1289-8257-7574
Switch FC
SW-5750-9817-6593
Like others have suggested, I really think every stage is returning. Having both all veterans and all past stages would be epic. We are also pretty close to having all stages confirmed, so they might as well go all the way (including stages like Miiverse)!

Shocked that Fountain of Dreams has only appeared in Melee. Hopefully it makes a return for Ultimate!

Like I mentioned in a previous post, I still hope for plenty of new stages based on more recent Nintendo games., like FE Fates, Pokémon Gen 7, DKC: TF (as well as one for Gangplank Galleon), Captain Toad, ARMs, recent Kirby games and others!

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
I know I seen peaches castle in one of the ridley videos if not mistaken

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Anyone else hope to see Brinstar Depths returning? I have a real soft spot for that stage, it was so unique and nothing like any of the stages we currently have.

In general there are a lot of stages from melee that people hate on or find ridiculous that I'd like to see get in. Poke Floats, Icicle Mountain, Rainbow Cruise etc. They're very nostalgic for me.

Also this is totally random, but it would be funny if Sakurai brought back those event matches where you battled on top of trophies for Ultimate.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Anyone else hope to see Brinstar Depths returning? I have a real soft spot for that stage, it was so unique and nothing like any of the stages we currently have.

In general there are a lot of stages from melee that people hate on or find ridiculous that I'd like to see get in. Poke Floats, Icicle Mountain, Rainbow Cruise etc. They're very nostalgic for me.

Also this is totally random, but it would be funny if Sakurai brought back those event matches where you battled on top of trophies for Ultimate.
well there is a new remix of the birnstar depths theme on the website so that could be a sign of its return

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
Personally, I'd love to see Poke Floats, Fountain of Dreams and Brinstar Depths make a comeback. And if possible, the Mario Kart 7 Rainbow Road from 3DS would be pretty awesome as well, since it was one of the better travelling stages from Sm4sh. Has there been any sightings of the gameboy stage from 3DS, the one where you travelled through Kirby gameboy screens?

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett

Dude, YES! Brinstar Depths has always been one of my favorite stages aesthetically (even if it kind of sucks to play on), and seeing HD Kraid would honestly make my year. Shoutouts to Poke Floats, Fountain of Dreams, and Rainbow Cruise in that regard, too. I'd be genuinely surprised if FoD in particular didn't show up considering it's been MIA since Melee and has always been a fan favorite.

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448

Oh definitely! That's my number one wish for a returning stage. Melee just had a ton of unique ideas that never came back and I wanna see them again.

I also wanna see the Mushroom Kingdom level based on the first Super Mario Bros. game on NES, seeing that again would make my day.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
i hope some of the zelda stage have the hyrule warriors version of some of the songs, twilight field for bridge of eldin, skylot for skyloft, sand stream for gerudo desert, hyrule warriors theme for hyrule castle, hard linked for temple, title and dragon for pirate ship(if its back) grand travels map for spirit train, sequence of drops for great bay and their version of the series theme for great plateau tower

Quetza

Smash Rookie
I want to fight on the fields seen on Fire Emblem Fates, I think it was Chapter 6. Would be pretty neat if Corrin was able to do something similar like Fox, Pit, and Snake where he/she gets info on the character he/she is facing.

Super Flygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Master_Zach
3DS FC
1289-8257-7574
Switch FC
SW-5750-9817-6593
I want to fight on the fields seen on Fire Emblem Fates, I think it was Chapter 6. Would be pretty neat if Corrin was able to do something similar like Fox, Pit, and Snake where he/she gets info on the character he/she is facing.
That's also what I was thinking as far as a stage based on FE Fates is concerned. You could even have the Hoshidan & Nohrian children fighting in the background, possibly disrupting the match!

Anyways, if I am correct, there are 118 total stages in all of Smash Bros. right? Note: I counted the Battlefields across all games (including Big Battlefield) ONCE, and same goes for Final Destination. I also included the 5 new stages confirmed for Ultimate.

Would be pretty crazy if every stage is confirmed for Ultimate (which I hope they are). We do need only about 35 more, if I'm not mistaken. In addition to new stages, we could be looking at something around 130 or so stages!!

It's actually almost impossible to use the roster maker for the stages because the stages almost exceed the limit of 150. I am currently preparing a new stage selection screen using the roster maker. It will have every single stage previously available, as well as new stages. Probably somewhere around 130 overall.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Looks like the same stage the Ice Climbers were on earlier, but with a different background. Also, can't help but notice they chose Fox for the role of being on Final Destination.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Looks like the same stage the Ice Climbers were on earlier, but with a different background. Also, can't help but notice they chose Fox for the role of being on Final Destination.
Sakurai knows too much

Super Flygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Master_Zach
3DS FC
1289-8257-7574
Switch FC
SW-5750-9817-6593
Here's my ideal stage selection screen:

All stages brought back and 13 new ones. The top half is page 1 and bottom half is page 2, hence why there are 2 random icons.

128 stages overall (146 if you account for the older Battlefields & FDs being alternate skins for the new Battlefield & FD, as well as both Big and Regular versions for all skins of Battlefield & FD in my prediction).

Other things I'd like to clarify:

-The top half neatly fits the new Battlefield, new Final Destination, as well as all 64, Melee and Brawl stages. The bottom half neatly fits 3DS, Wii U & Ultimate. Also, I am hopeful that we get the Battlefields and FDs from 64, Melee, Brawl & Wii U, but that they appear as alternate skins for the new Battlefield & FD (changeable when selecting a stage).
-The Mario icon is New Donk City.
-The Captain Toad icon is a Captain Toad stage (only if he is confirmed playable).
-The two Donkey Kong Icons are Gangplank Galleon (if K. Rool is confirmed) and a Tropical Freeze stage.
-The Zelda icon is Great Plateau Tower.
-The Kirby icon is for a stage based on recent Kirby games (any mainline game since Return to Dream Land, in my opinion). Preferably Star Allies.
-The Star Fox icon is for a Star Fox Zero stage.
-The Pokemon icon is for a Generation 7 stage.
-The Fire Emblem icon is for a FE Fates stage, preferably something similar to what I described in an earlier post.
-The Inkling icon is Moray Towers.
-The Spring-Man icon is for an ARMs stage, preferably Spring Stadium.
-The Isaac icon is for a Golden Sun stage. (Was debating between a Golden Sun stage and a Takamaru stage.)
-The Simon icon is for a Castlevania stage (only if Simon is playable).
-I thought about merging 3DS & Wii U, but decided against it. That being said, stages in both games were put in the Wii U section and all third party stages from those games are at the end.
-Generally grouped the stages by game and then by series. Only exception was the unlockable stage in SSB 64.

What do you guys think of this?

EDIT: By the way, this does not take into account DLC. This is what I'd like to see when the game launches. (Frankly, we wouldn't even need DLC with a selection like this outside of new series anyways).

Last edited:

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528

All stages brought back (except Big Battlefield) and 13 new ones. The top half is page 1 and bottom half is page 2, hence why there are 2 random icons. Other things I'd like to clarify:

-The top half neatly fits the new Battlefield, new Final Destination, as well as all 64, Melee and Brawl stages. Also, I am hopeful that we get the Battlefields and FDs from 64, Melee, Brawl & Wii U, but that they appear as alternate skins for the new Battlefield & FD (changeable when selecting a stage).
-The Captain Toad icon is a Captain Toad stage (only if he is confirmed playable).
-The two Donkey Kong Icons are Gangplank Galleon (if K. Rool is confirmed) and a Tropical Freeze stage.
-The Kirby icon is for a stage based on recent Kirby games (any mainline game since Return to Dream Land, in my opinion). Preferably Star Allies.
-The Fire Emblem icon is for a FE Fates stage, preferably something similar to what I described in an earlier post.
-The Isaac icon is for a Golden Sun stage. (Was debating between a Golden Sun stage and a Takamaru stage.)
-I thought about merging 3DS & Wii U, but decided against it. That being said, stages in both games were put in the Wii U section and all third party stages from those games are at the end.
-Generally grouped the stages by game and then by series. Only exception was the unlockable stage in SSB 64.

EDIT: By the way, this does not take into account DLC. This is what I'd like to see when the game launches. (Frankly, we wouldn't even need DLC with a selection like this outside of new series anyways).
A potential Golden Sun stage? Take my like. I'm just hoping the new stages we get are some pretty good ones, maybe some new stages that used the foreground/background gimmick from the Wii U Donkey Kong stage.

_Sheik

Smash Lord
Are they gonna make "most" stages unlockables as well? I actually like it being the case with the characters but wouldn't having just the 64 stages at the beginning feel a bit poor? Not that I have anything against them, y'know

Super Flygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Master_Zach
3DS FC
1289-8257-7574
Switch FC
SW-5750-9817-6593
Are they gonna make "most" stages unlockables as well? I actually like it being the case with the characters but wouldn't having just the 64 stages at the beginning feel a bit poor? Not that I have anything against them, y'know
That would be interesting. Maybe they'll start us off with just the stages from the original game, as well as Battlefield & Final Destination (though only with the new appearance and 64 skin, assuming they add skins from the previous Battlefields & FDs).

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Can we just get a Primordia stage so we can fight to this song?

That's all I really want.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

All stages brought back (except Big Battlefield) and 13 new ones. The top half is page 1 and bottom half is page 2, hence why there are 2 random icons.

128 stages overall (136 if you account for the older Battlefields & FDs being alternate skins for the new Battlefield & FD in my prediction).

Other things I'd like to clarify:

-The top half neatly fits the new Battlefield, new Final Destination, as well as all 64, Melee and Brawl stages. The bottom half neatly fits 3DS, Wii U & Ultimate. Also, I am hopeful that we get the Battlefields and FDs from 64, Melee, Brawl & Wii U, but that they appear as alternate skins for the new Battlefield & FD (changeable when selecting a stage).

I love it...though tbh I’d bring back Big Battlefield

Quetza

Smash Rookie
I really want a Pikmin stage that travels since the game has so many locations that are simply beautiful and scary

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Corrin could learn about other characters via a conversation with said character (or stand-in for those who don't speak or have their actors available) in the style of Support Conversations.

For a Fates stage, I'd love to see the Opera House with the water and boats be made as a stage. That was an interesting setting.

In any case, I'll be happy to get Alight and Road Taken as songs.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
anyone know of a list of all the stages we know to be compatible with eight player smash?

Super Flygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Master_Zach
3DS FC
1289-8257-7574
Switch FC
SW-5750-9817-6593
I love it...though tbh I’d bring back Big Battlefield
Though I noted that I didn't add Big Battlefield, I actually forgot something. In my idea, you could toggle between Big and Regular for both Battlefield & Final Destination (and of course the past game designs hopefully). Gonna update that right now. Then the total is technically 146 (Big and Regular for each Battlefield and FD design).

Last edited:
Top Bottom