• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

In Progress Stage Model Imports

Which is more important?

• Total voters

zankyou

Smash Lord
I dont really see why you would do that. If I follow what youre talkingI t about then there shouldnt be a need. The battlefield I made is just the brawl one added to the end of the file. If were looking at nuanced details, probably not. Replacing object groups with new object groups is what I was originally doing. But I ran into 2 problems. The first one I discovered with importing FD. If you look at itaru's vid about the glitch, youd see the flashing cord thing right. The reason I recognized that glitch is because objects take on the properties of that bones animations. If you saw what I saw youd understand why I desperately sought to create bones. The second problem I ran into was that I needed bones to be in different places with YS. So basically the shifting of platforms and moving things around required separate bones. On battlefield most of the bones are for the background which have weird transparent properties. The most of the ones for the stage have some weird spinning property. I only used 5 or 6 bones though so there might be enough for battlefield if youre lucky.
The file uploaded is a relatively tame version of the issue with FD im talking about. Theres millions of test files and I might have deleted the one Im looking for so Ill just show you this. Its actually pretty cool and when I go back and properly redo FD's import Im going to try and take advantage of the glowing effect to give the stage some life.

Edit: And I completely forgot about weights. This is why we cant just import things from other things in the game already. I think I desperately tried to break the weighting for battlefield because one of the weights was giving me trouble but in general youd have to deal with weights when trying this which make it not even worth the endeavor.

Attachments

Last edited:

tatatat0

Smash Journeyman
Women. They render us useless with the bat of an eye.
Shhh, while she is not looking, here is some offsets.
PlGw.dat

JumpAerial*:

Pointer: x7E30

PlPp.dat

x34CC: (3F E6 66 66) Velocity of up-b without Nana.

PlMa.dat

JumpAerial*:

Pointer: x70F0

PlCa.dat(Probs what this is from)

JumpAerial*:

Pointer: x8200

PlYs.dat

EscapeF

x40D0 original offset -x20

x773C Pointer's address

EscapeB

x40F0 original offset -x20

x7756 Pointer's address

PlFc.dat

Neutral-B start:

Pointer: x93D0

Down-B start:

Pointer: x9588

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Heres the FD in my iso.
Hehe...yeah...it was the rainbow FD code. Sorry about that. It looks great!

Also really digging the pokemon temple stage (don't know the real name).

I tried looking into the spawns situation some more tonight and I didn't figure anything out. It's getting quite frustrating. It's hard to reverse this dat file parsing stuff in assembly...there's just so many branches and sub functions and things.

Until we figure it out, feel free to keep working with the target stages because I can write codes to adjust the spawns anyway :)

zankyou

Smash Lord
Was testing the brawl smash 4 stages. I suspect that they would be a little too intensive for the gc so unless so someone wants to tone the stages back a bit Im going to avoid the smash 4 stages.
GALE01-134.png

SipDatLean

Smash Rookie
so after no one replied i decided to just test it out and put battlefield on my iso and the game freezes whenever i try to play battlefield on my wii... help? i used the method someone explained on the first page of switching out the files in the root rather than doing it straight thru gcr

zankyou

Smash Lord
so after no one replied i decided to just test it out and put battlefield on my iso and the game freezes whenever i try to play battlefield on my wii... help? i used the method someone explained on the first page of switching out the files in the root rather than doing it straight thru gcr
You have to rebuild and check ignore toc for it to work.

SipDatLean

Smash Rookie
You have to rebuild and check ignore toc for it to work.
i did that, i swapped it out for the battlefield(small) and now it works a bit. its still freezing really often even when going to different stage. i wish i could get the castle battlefield to work but seems way glitchy

zankyou

Smash Lord
i did that, i swapped it out for the battlefield(small) and now it works a bit. its still freezing really often even when going to different stage. i wish i could get the castle battlefield to work but seems way glitchy
Are you using any other mods in your iso. It runs fine on my wii.

SipDatLean

Smash Rookie
got the castle to work a bit but it drops frames and freezes often.. going back to old lame battlefield :(

zankyou

Smash Lord
I cant figure out how to fix my problems and its driving me crazy. Gonna take a break and do 1 more stage. Any suggestions?

Myougi

My posts are gluten free.
I cant figure out how to fix my problems and its driving me crazy. Gonna take a break and do 1 more stage. Any suggestions?
How feasible would it be to import Brawl's Smashville to Melee?

Maybe you could remove the miscellaneous moving parts like the Villagers (so not the platform, which could just be stuck in the middle since it probs can't be moved right now... unless you work your magic again somehow :p).

Here's all the Smashville files from PM 3.6 - http://www.filedropper.com/pm36smashvilles

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
You've already fulfilled my suggestion, so I won't say anything else, which is incredibly hard to do.

Quick question though - do you still plan on re-importing Hyrule 64 over a different stage? Or is the file posted over Battlefield going to be the final one (aside from ever figuring out shading, etc.)?

Maybe you could remove the miscellaneous moving parts like the Villagers (so not the platform, which could just be stuck in the middle since it probs can't be moved right now... unless you work your magic again somehow :p).

Here's all the Smashville files from PM 3.6 - http://www.filedropper.com/pm36smashvilles
Smashville would certainly be sweet. I've been meaning to ask Zankyou about animating bones, but I'm pretty sure that's beyond our scope of knowledge at the moment.

zankyou

Smash Lord

Ive been thinking about just doing it over fourside and using that platform. But its a bit more work than I really want to do.
You've already fulfilled my suggestion, so I won't say anything else, which is incredibly hard to do.

Quick question though - do you still plan on re-importing Hyrule 64 over a different stage? Or is the file posted over Battlefield going to be the final one (aside from ever figuring out shading, etc.)?

Smashville would certainly be sweet. I've been meaning to ask Zankyou about animating bones, but I'm pretty sure that's beyond our scope of knowledge at the moment.
I think I have the model of hyrule castle imported over roys target stage as well lol. I could import the collisions probably fairly easy. Ive just been waiting until I figured out spawns to really start using target stages.

Ive also been considering making a stage in brawl box. Something simple.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
So with the shading problem, have you confirmed that it is the way you are importing the models that is causing them to flicker? Have you ever seen the flicker happen on a vanilla stage bone? I posted that pic of a platform on vanilla Dream Land and shading worked fine.

If you do end up importing the Hyrule Castle coll_data into Roy's Target stage, I'll gladly take the file!

There's always the Metal Cavern stage you teased us with a while ago (although, it was Metal Cavern Puff which isn't quite the same...).

Last edited:

zankyou

Smash Lord
So with the shading problem, have you confirmed that it is the way you are importing the models that is causing them to flicker? Have you ever seen the flicker happen on a vanilla stage bone? I posted that pic of a platform on vanilla Dream Land and shading worked fine.

If you do end up importing the Hyrule Castle coll_data into Roy's Target stage, I'll gladly take the file!

There's always the Metal Cavern stage you teased us with a while ago (although, it was Metal Cavern Puff which isn't quite the same...).
Im pretty sure its because the game doesnt know how to handle them. Do you think you could deactivate the games function to or 0x04 with the material flag. That might be the cause.Basically theres no joint matanim section and the material is in an unknown location.

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Im pretty sure its because the game doesnt know how to handle them. Do you think you could deactivate the games function to or 0x04 with the material flag. That might be the cause.Basically theres no joint matanim section and the material is in an unknown location.
Disable Auto Shadowing
041C61B8 60000000

Anutim

Smash Apprentice

Achilles1515

Smash Master
This is by far the greatest thing from P:M imo, importing this to Melee would be huge! It looks like with a bit of tweaking, it'd fit with the modified Melee Dreamland stage (MNCB/20XX).
Oh. Just watched a video. Those platforms move and ****, so maybe not. Idk. It would be sweet if they were just static anyway.

Anutim

Smash Apprentice
Oh. Just watched a video. Those platforms move and ****, so maybe not. Idk. It would be sweet if they were just static anyway.
They're static in P:M, I think. They only moved on the Brawl version of that stage that had the big larvae thingy from M:p on it.

The one you linked isn't in Brawl btw, I think it came with P:M 3.6, or at least it's in the P:M Netplay build.

zankyou

Smash Lord
The area table might screw me over, but the model would be fine. I combed through brawlbox for stages and dont remember seeing that one.
Edit: That being said the blue background is probably done with a color struct. Which doesnt import properly.

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
They're static in P:M, I think. They only moved on the Brawl version of that stage that had the big larvae thingy from M:p on it.

The one you linked isn't in Brawl btw, I think it came with P:M 3.6, or at least it's in the P:M Netplay build.
I also didn't realize when I posted it that the blue highlights are animated. Not sure if those can be imported as just a static color.

Last edited:

zankyou

Smash Lord
Zankyou, are you able to do anything with these models? I assume you can't if you are just copying the weights/display lists/textures etc. straight from the Brawl file, but I figure I would ask.

This is apparently how they were ripped:
http://meleehd.boards.net/thread/124/3d-ripper-dx
Those are just .obj files I believe. they arent rigged to bones. If theyre were rigged to bones in like a collada file then they could probably be imported. But that would require a lot more conversion than Im willing to do. You can import collada files into brawlbox though which I could then import.

zankyou

Smash Lord
As expected. The color isnt right. Heres another stage over battlefield. As it turns out, any stage where the collisions undergo transformations will not work with the way Im doing collisions. Which is most stages actually. So Im probably not going to be doing more imports for a while until I figure this out. Otherwise everything will just end up going over battlefield.
Metroid Lab

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
As expected. The color isnt right. Heres another stage over battlefield. As it turns out, any stage where the collisions undergo transformations will not work with the way Im doing collisions. Which is most stages actually. So Im probably not going to be doing more imports for a while until I figure this out. Otherwise everything will just end up going over battlefield.
Metroid Lab
This is still REALLY awesome. Obviously the platform model is not shown, but Is the platform model data in the file still?

What I'm trying to get at is can I re-enable the regular battlefield platforms, but then point their object data to the imported platform data?

So the majority of the darkness on the brawl stage is done by shading and not textures?

zankyou

Smash Lord
This is still REALLY awesome. Obviously the platform model is not shown, but Is the platform model data in the file still?

What I'm trying to get at is can I re-enable the regular battlefield platforms, but then point their object data to the imported platform data?

So the majority of the darkness on the brawl stage is done by shading and not textures?
Brawl has a color structure with multiple colors referenced by the displaylist. melee has them as well but hardly used if ever. I just cant get it to do anything. It doesnt break the game so I know the support is there. Also Im not quite sure what youre asking. If you want to simply enable battlefields platforms the answer is no. This uses a different collision data set in a different spot in the file. If you really wanted to you could change the pointer back to the original coll data and edit that to fit the stage model if theres enough collision points. Really I wouldnt worry too much about it. The coll data should all be there. I just dont know what the games doing with it. Judging from how I speculate the area table works, because these are moving platformsin brawl they need to undergo some transformations first. Ive been too busy to look into that stuff but its the next thing I plan to do.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Brawl has a color structure with multiple colors referenced by the displaylist. melee has them as well but hardly used if ever. I just cant get it to do anything. It doesnt break the game so I know the support is there. Also Im not quite sure what youre asking. If you want to simply enable battlefields platforms the answer is no. This uses a different collision data set in a different spot in the file. If you really wanted to you could change the pointer back to the original coll data and edit that to fit the stage model if theres enough collision points. Really I wouldnt worry too much about it. The coll data should all be there. I just dont know what the games doing with it. Judging from how I speculate the area table works, because these are moving platformsin brawl they need to undergo some transformations first. Ive been too busy to look into that stuff but its the next thing I plan to do.
The moving platforms models are not on the stage when you play it. I know you couldn't get them working, so did you entirely remove the platform models from the file? Or are they still in the file, but just not being used?

Last edited:

zankyou

Smash Lord
The moving platforms models are not on the stage when you play it. I know you couldn't get them working, so did you entirely remove the platform models from the file? Or are they still in the file, but just not being used?
No I just copied what was in the file transformed it, and pasted it. Obviously its more complicated than that and I had to change some stuff like bones and materials, but if it were stationary it would be there. I didnt explore the file too much so it could be an issue similar to the water problem I had where its behind the laboratory and I just didnt check. But I find that unlikely. Im actually pretty sure the two platforms are inside of the main stage. I messed up at first and saw what could have been part of one there. Since theres actually 5 platforms not including the main stage in this file theres definitely some transformations that occur. But the maker could have just set it to not move after the initial transformations.

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
No I just copied what was in the file transformed it, and pasted it. Obviously its more complicated than that and I had to change some stuff like bones and materials, but if it were stationary it would be there. I didnt explore the file too much so it could be an issue similar to the water problem I had where its behind the laboratory and I just didnt check. But I find that unlikely. Im actually pretty sure the two platforms are inside of the main stage. I messed up at first and saw what could have been part of one there. Since theres actually 5 platforms not including the main stage in this file theres definitely some transformations that occur. But the maker could have just set it to not move after the initial transformations.
Did you write down the file offsets for the bone structures of the platforms that don't work?

zankyou

Smash Lord
I went ahead and split the mesh and I'm creating collision points to fit it. Currently playing the guessing game with collision points.

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Other suggestions:
(I know I'm annoying, but I just can't get enough of this thread.)

SSB4 Delfino Plaza (screw the background). I can't find a download link unfortunately...

Suzaku Castle (platform version - again, screw the background)

Arena Ferox (I think this is the download link...)

Temple M+

Cookie Country M

Just stirring some thoughts...

zankyou

Smash Lord
Instead of importing all new stages, I wonder if importing improved recreations of past stages would be better?

Icicle Mountain: M
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=209437
That's what I did with the original release: improved default stages. I don't really have much interest in the other stages as they are though. I would end up modifying them before importing them which is more work than importing new stages.

Stel_2Dank

Smash Rookie
Was testing the brawl smash 4 stages. I suspect that they would be a little too intensive for the gc so unless so someone wants to tone the stages back a bit Im going to avoid the smash 4 stages.
View attachment 76777
Dude, if you could make a stage based off of Gaur Plain or any other Xenoblade Chronicles area, I'd be so happy (Implying you've played the game). :^)

Top Bottom