• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Stage Legality Discussion Thread:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyr

Smash Lord
I'm going to gentleman there every game I can, with a "reset if it has a walkoff" clause. I'm sure a few people in my scene would be cool with it.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
I'm pretty sure the "reset if..." clause isn't the right way to go because of the massive amount of different stages and how the choice in layout is completely random, there's no telling that you won't have to reset 10-15 times in a row.

If I wanted to make a side event with MM I'd rather make the matches 1 stock 4-5 minutes and a set best of 5 (7 for finals). This way you reduce the impact of one terribad stage on the outcome of a set even though it's still possible to have terrible luck.

Last edited:

GUIGUI

Smash Journeyman
So, readin the "The Big House 5" news:
http://smashboards.com/threads/event-preview-the-big-house-5.419239/
before a major shift in regional rulesets took place. Recently more and more regions have removed transforming stages which were legal during Brawl's lifespan (Castle Seige, Delfino Plaza, Battleship Halberd) from their stagelists including the last national event Paragon LA not having any of these stages.
i am learning that even more Stage are going to be banned (transforming ones), now in many Tournament. Seriously? Wasn't the current selection already quite drastic in the first place?

MrGame&Rock

Smash Ace
NNID
SpenstarHD

i am learning that even more Stage are going to be banned (transforming ones), now in many Tournament. Seriously? Wasn't the current selection already quite drastic in the first place?
Halberd I understand because of the stupidly low ceiling. I'm even a bit squeamish over Castle. But all three of these stages deserve to be legal. They're important stages that add to the game with their existence.

edit: my local scene keeps all three of these stages legal, too. I don't understand what the deal is with that claim.

Last edited:

Routa

Smash Lord

Me: "Nice stage. I wonder what kind of new stuff I am able to do in this stage."

FG Scrub: "AHMG! I GOT KILLED BY EASILY DODGEABLE THING WHICH I DID NOT DODGE BECAUSE I AM A FG SCRUB WHO HAS NEVER PLAYED ON A STAGE THAT HAS MORE THAN 1 PLATHFORM. BAN THIS STAGE!"

TO: "K"

Me: "Wait what? Why would you ban a very interesting and overall great stage?"

TO: "Because I can"

Me: "... You gotta be ****ting me..."

It is very sad to see that TO's ban really good stages just because Top players and some FG scrubs don't like them and are not interested to learn anything new about stages.

Last edited:

MrGame&Rock

Smash Ace
NNID
SpenstarHD
Me: "Nice stage. I wonder what kind of new stuff I am able to do in this stage."

FG Scrub: "AHMG! I GOT KILLED BY EASILY DODGEABLE THING WHICH I DID NOT DODGE BECAUSE I AM A FG SCRUB WHO HAS NEVER PLAYED ON A STAGE THAT HAS MORE THAN 1 PLATHFORM. BAN THIS STAGE!"

TO: "K"

Me: "Wait what? Why would you ban a very interesting and overall great stage?"

TO: "Because I can"

Me: "... You gotta be ****ting me..."
This was my reaction to the Wuhu Glitch, to Skyloft's Hitboxes, (though that one I understand, and my roommate wanted it gone) to Kongo Jungle 64...

By the way, if Zero mained Puff, I guarantee you than Delfino wouldn't be in danger, Wuhu would be legal, and Pirate Ship would be celebrated. Puff loves those stages. (Wuhu less than the other two but still)

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
Mario Maker and Gamer need to have a rule where the winning player (the one getting CP'd against) can veto the random form once at the start of the match. This cuts down on potentially unplayable/unfair layouts, and stops Sonic ftom getting random free wins.

Alternatively, Mario Maker can have a 'Walk Off = Reset' rule and Gamer can have a 'Cave of Life = Reset' rule.

MrGame&Rock

Smash Ace
NNID
SpenstarHD
Mario Maker and Gamer need to have a rule where the winning player (the one getting CP'd against) can veto the random form once at the start of the match. This cuts down on potentially unplayable/unfair layouts, and stops Sonic ftom getting random free wins.

Alternatively, Mario Maker can have a 'Walk Off and/or Lava = Reset' rule and Gamer can have a 'Cave of Life = Reset' rule.
Fixed, because the lava is pretty bad. Aside from that, I really like this idea

Routa

Smash Lord
Not sure if the lava is a problem. At which % does it kill? Like the average % when lava kills in some of the variations. Cannot test myself 'cause I am too "lazy" to buy it.

Last edited:

hiramsthoughts

Smash Apprentice
We need to find the best way to make Maker viable, when it's it's just so good. But I guess our only real option is reset if, which can be time consuming and we'll have a hard time having TOs agreeing to legalize a stage that might not work on the first ten attempts.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
It is very sad to see that TO's ban really good stages just because Top players and some FG scrubs don't like them and are not interested to learn anything new about stages.
"Good" doesn't mean anything. What matters to TOs is if said stages are competitively healthy. Rest assured, no one will prevent you from playing your favorite stages in friendlies and find out all kinds of crazy things about them. Did you know you can tech the lava in GCO ?

And Mario Maker has more issues than just lava and walkoffs. Many transformations have permanent camping spots that wouldn't be allowed if they were on any other stage like the mushroom on this layout, have high platforms that promote circle camping à la KJ64 or cave of life that can be permanent or temporary. Hoping to reset until a seemingly legal layout is found out is tedious and borderline futile especially if you consider how long resetting a match takes in smash 4.

Routa

Smash Lord
I was in the Link thread for a bit and...well, I'll just leave this little replay here.
Wait..,. Did he air dodge through it?

Mario dies to the lava at 103%. Less if it's higher up somehow, which is rare.
If I remember correctly Brinstars lava kills a bit later than Mario Makers lava, but I don't have my 2DS with me atm (in work atm) so I have to check it later.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
I plan on making videos analyzing every stage in the game, each stage getting it's own video of course. I wish to do this to try and get people more informed about stages since not everyone learns best through reading the numerous posts scattered around Smashboards. I have prioritized the order of the stages based on legality with the obviously legal being the first ones I'll tackle, then the ones whose legality is debated and finally the obviously banned stages. In regards to stages from the first two categories I would appreciate any feedback/input/information about the stage before I make the video.

For example, when I get around to the Pokemon Stadium 2 video, I plan on showing that early kill combo Sheik has during the wind portion and when I get around to Smashville I plan on showing the string of fairs Sheik can do to drag people to the blastzones.

The first stage(s) I'm choosing to tackle are Battlefield and Miiverse and I already have footage recorded for both stages. Just need to do blastzone tests and record my voice and then put everything together.

GUIGUI

Smash Journeyman
I plan on making videos analyzing every stage in the game, each stage getting it's own video of course. I wish to do this to try and get people more informed about stages since not everyone learns best through reading the numerous posts scattered around Smashboards. I have prioritized the order of the stages based on legality with the obviously legal being the first ones I'll tackle, then the ones whose legality is debated and finally the obviously banned stages. In regards to stages from the first two categories I would appreciate any feedback/input/information about the stage before I make the video.

For example, when I get around to the Pokemon Stadium 2 video, I plan on showing that early kill combo Sheik has during the wind portion and when I get around to Smashville I plan on showing the string of fairs Sheik can do to drag people to the blastzones.

The first stage(s) I'm choosing to tackle are Battlefield and Miiverse and I already have footage recorded for both stages. Just need to do blastzone tests and record my voice and then put everything together.
Great, I hope you don't give up on your project or make it stall forever after the second or third video. Have perseverance, you'll need it. It's the kind of project that get way more easier said than done.

I also hope you have a nice voice.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Great, I hope you don't give up on your project or make it stall forever after the second or third video. Have perseverance, you'll need it. It's the kind of project that get way more easier said than done.

I also hope you have a nice voice.
I've never done this sort of thing before so it'll be a slow start what with me having to learn video editing as I go along. I'm also unsure of how well my voice will be for this sort of thing. Probably gonna have to make a script even if only in point form so there aren't a bunch of uhms and uhhs. I also have work to deal with so that'll hold me back but I don't plan on giving up at all.

Also, here's my list of priorities:
High Priority:
Miiverse
Dream Land (64)
Final Destination & Ω Forms
Halberd
Battlefield
Smashville
Lylat Cruise
Castle Siege
Town & City
Duck Hunt
Delfino Plaza

Mid Priority:
Peach's Castle (64)
Pilotwings
Pokemon Stadium 2
Big Battlefield
Kalos Pokemon League
Kongo Jungle 64
Windy Hill Zone
Skyloft
Mushroom Kingdom U
Wuhu Island
Mario Circuit
Pirate Ship

Low Priority:
Hyrule Castle (64)
Suzaku Castle
PAC-LAND
75M
Skyworld
Flat Zone X
The Great Cave Offensive
Onett
Palutena's Temple
Yoshi's Island
Wily Castle
Gaur Plain
Pyrosphere
Temple
Mario Circuit (Brawl)
Boxing Ring
Port Town Aero Dive
Bridge of Eldin
Jungle Hijinxs
Wrecking Crew
Mario Galaxy
Coliseum
Gamer
Wii Fit Studio
Luigi's Mansion
Norfair
Orbital Gate Assault
Woolly World
Garden of Hope
Super Mario Maker
Keep in mind that the priorities so far are not in order outside of high, middle and low. For example, Battlefield and by extension Miiverse are the first stages I'm covering even though Battlefield is not at the top of the high priorities.

If I work hard enough then the Battlefield and Miiverse videos should be up later today. All of the footage is recorded so all that's left for them is my voice and editing. Once they're done I'll post them here for critique, both on how well I've covered the stages and things such as my voice.

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master

I'd also do the same with Ness and Pikachu on Smashville, IIRC they have similarly silly fair strings.

Seconding the importance of perseverance. My own threads got to be a bit of a drag near the end, although maybe that's because I knew perfectly well that no one really cared about Gaur Plain. But once they start generating some buzz it gets to be quite rewarding.

I'd consider notes to be mandatory for this, bullet points at an absolute minimum.

Last edited:

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
I'll be honest right now, this is going to be a slow process. I'm new to this whole idea of making videos, having to record footage and my voice (which may not be fit for this kind of thing), editing it all together. Naturally, making a video to show information takes longer than simply typing out the information on a forum post. I also have work and life that will get in the way. That being said, I enjoy labbing and while I'm unable to go to tournaments atm I'd like to do SOMETHING to help the competitive scene. Even if my videos convince only 1 person that taking Sheik to SV is a bad idea then I'll be happy.

I can see these videos being a drag toward the end possibly since the banned stages are last on my priorities but if all I need is a break then I'll take said break when I feel I need it. I don't plan on abandoning this project at all.

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13
In the wake of Anti picking Castle Siege against Abadango, I just want to make it VERY clear that CS is probably (1.1.0) Luigi's worst stage in most matchups, including against Meta Knight. On one hand, don't let the campy gameplay reflect poorly on the stage. On the other hand, **** this stage.

Edit: despite Luigi winning I'm confident this is a terrible terrible terrible Luigi stage.

Last edited:

Pyr

Smash Lord
In the wake of Anti picking Castle Siege against Abadango, I just want to make it VERY clear that CS is probably (1.1.0) Luigi's worst stage in most matchups, including against Meta Knight. On one hand, don't let the campy gameplay reflect poorly on the stage. On the other hand, **** this stage.

Edit: despite Luigi winning I'm confident this is a terrible terrible terrible Luigi stage.
100% ban rate from me. I agree. I'm glad it's banned at most of my locals now.

MrGame&Rock

Smash Ace
NNID
SpenstarHD
Yeah I don't think there's enough BS in CS to make it illegal but as a Yoshi main I try to stay away from it whenever I can...

Xeze

Smash Ace
NNID
XezeMaster
3DS FC
3969-6256-6191
I would love for Prism Tower being ported from the 3DS to the Wii U, just like they did with Duck Hunto from Wii U to 3DS. It would easily be the best transforming stage.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Oh God, I just drooled over the idea of more HD background Pokémon. Mostly Yveltal.
:196:

Routa

Smash Lord
And this is why 3DS version is superior compared to Wii U version. He have Smash Run and Prism Tower. Jelly?

So shall we talk about stage hazards? Should stage be insta banned if it has stage hazards? What kind of hazard is good for competitive stage? Etc.

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
And this is why 3DS version is superior compared to Wii U version. He have Smash Run and Prism Tower. Jelly?

So shall we talk about stage hazards? Should stage be insta banned if it has stage hazards? What kind of hazard is good for competitive stage? Etc.
You're not going to get consistent answers to that question, I can tell you now. On the one hand you have people like me that will happily play on Gamer and Kalos Pokemon League; on the other hand I vaguely remember some people wanting Town & City banned since you can die from a missed tech on the platforms as they move offstage.

Later tonight I can talk about some of the more hazardous/otherwise unloved stages and what I would do to make them more palatable. But it's a bit much to type up on mobile.

Last edited:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Hazards are not insta-ban (at least they shouldn't).
If they have enough warning either by a clear sign before it happens or a safe spot and don't completely stop the fight for a large amount of time like the Yellow Devil, a hazard can be worked around, even used for someone's advantage.

Then again, a lot of people don't see it like that and can get very vocal with their complaints, even though they were perfectly able to avoid something if they knew about it or simply paid enough attention.
Too bad this way to complain gets results.

MrGame&Rock

Smash Ace
NNID
SpenstarHD
You're not going to get consistent answers to that question, I can tell you now. On the one hand you have people like me that will happily play on Gamer and Kalos Pokemon League; on the other hand I vaguely remember some people wanting Town & City banned since you can die from a missed tech on the platforms as they move offstage.

Later tonight I can talk about some of the more hazardous/otherwise unloved stages and what I would do to make them more palatable. But it's a bit much to type up on mobile.
I have my own ideas that I posted in the hopes and dreams DLC thread.

Yes but I think it should go further than what's already available in 8-player smash. Let's call these modes for stages "Alpha Mode" and assume that all the 8-player stages assume their 8-player form. Then we'll add...
FD: Keeps its background from when the match starts and doesn't change it
Port Town Aero Drive: Remove all racers, add edges to the traveling portion, remove all other hitboxes except for the track while the stage is moving
Mushroom Kingdom U: Remove Nabbit, the spiky urchin, and the icicles
Halberd: Remove the claw
Skyloft: Remove the building hitboxes
Wii Fit Studio and Colosseum: Remove the walkoffs. They can just be ledges or there can be lava to keep the bottom boundary off-limits, just remove the walk-offs
Super Mario Maker: Only have one, competitive-friendly layout
Jungle Hijinks: Remove the Background

If we do all of that plus fix the boundaries on some stages (delfino while transitioning, revert DL back to its Melee boundaries) then I will be a happy boy
(also change Pilotwings to only have the monoplane and remove the mountain hitboxes, and maybe reduce the duration of the walkoff transformation on Castle Siege)

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Hazards are not insta-ban (at least they shouldn't).
If they have enough warning either by a clear sign before it happens or a safe spot and don't completely stop the fight for a large amount of time like the Yellow Devil, a hazard can be worked around, even used for someone's advantage.

Then again, a lot of people don't see it like that and can get very vocal with their complaints, even though they were perfectly able to avoid something if they knew about it or simply paid enough attention.
Too bad this way to complain gets results.

Given your thoughts on hazards, I'm curious what your thoughts on Skyloft are. I'm personally fine with the stage but then I spent an hour jumping into the island to make a potato video to show and learn where the hazard spots are.

Also, not directed specifically at you but at anyone and everyone, here's my priority list again:
High Priority:
Miiverse
Dream Land (64)
Final Destination & Ω Forms
Halberd
Battlefield
Smashville
Lylat Cruise
Castle Siege
Town & City
Duck Hunt
Delfino Plaza

Mid Priority:
Peach's Castle (64)
Pilotwings
Pokemon Stadium 2
Big Battlefield
Kalos Pokemon League
Kongo Jungle 64
Windy Hill Zone
Skyloft
Mushroom Kingdom U
Wuhu Island
Mario Circuit
Pirate Ship

Low Priority:
Hyrule Castle (64)
Suzaku Castle
PAC-LAND
75M
Skyworld
Flat Zone X
The Great Cave Offensive
Onett
Palutena's Temple
Yoshi's Island
Wily Castle
Gaur Plain
Pyrosphere
Temple
Mario Circuit (Brawl)
Boxing Ring
Port Town Aero Dive
Bridge of Eldin
Jungle Hijinxs
Wrecking Crew
Mario Galaxy
Coliseum
Gamer
Wii Fit Studio
Luigi's Mansion
Norfair
Orbital Gate Assault
Woolly World
Garden of Hope
Super Mario Maker
If there's anything anyone thinks I should specifically cover for any stage then please let me know. It can be a glitch or an exploit or a combo exclusive to the stage or something relatively unknown or something vital that absolutely should be known by every player or anything. So far the only ones that come to mind for me are the fair strings to death on Smashville, the early Sheik kill combo on PS2 wind formation and the already recorded Miiverse platform differences.

Oh and I get a 4 day weekend starting Friday so the Battlefield and Miiverse videos SHOULD be up by Thanksgiving...err, Canadian Thanksgiving. Might even get one of them up today since I have to do video editing anyways for a Kirby player.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
So Skyloft...
To me, it makes sense for Hitboxes to be there (it also makes sense if they weren't), but it feels like they're timed wrong, like being active when the floating platform is barely about to land, that one is unnecessary (sometimes even feels glitched). Other than that they're fairly avoidable, you should only worry about being offstage at all while the platform is moving and is clearly below the island. Too specific to be truly considered crippling.
All things considered, I allow it as a legal stage because from all the games me and my community have played there, nothing has happened that was not avoidable, nor it glitches a considerable amount of times (I said I've watched glitches like 1% of the time, maybe less).

"But Kyo, what if that 1% caused you to lose a tournament game?" Then it did cause it because I got unlucky there. Big deal.
This game has enough bull**** happening everywhere, I find a (fairly avoidable) stage element to be not worse than being killed at 40 due to rage.

Ghostbone

Smash Master
Being "randomly" killed by a stage (I mean technically falling into the stage isn't random but it essentially is) is a lot worse than being outplayed by your opponent and losing.

You might not see a difference but most players do.

Yikarur

Smash Master
I'm tired of people wanting transforming stages banned. I'm already on the stage select screen like
"I want to play on an interesting stage"
*circling around the SSS*
"meh..."

and now they want to make the selection even more boring. Niceeeee..

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
I'm home now. Whee~

Hazards.

Basically, I have a really high tolerance for them. As I said before, I'll happily play on Gamer or Kalos Pokemon League. Registeel is a butt but the rest of Kalos barely registers as a serious threat to me. (Fire pillars and swords are serious things to take into account when plotting strategy, but they're not dangerous per se.) Meanwhile I've spent enough time watching Mom to figure out where she can appear from and there's usually enough time to disengage from whatever you're doing to escape her gaze anyway. Unless you did something super laggy like a Falcon Punch, I guess.

That said I am fully aware that I'm in the minority on this and that to a lot of people, "competitive stage" more or less equates to "hazardless" stage, where even the definition of "hazard" varies from person to person. I alluded to this earlier, but I do have a vague memory of people arguing for Town & City's ban on the grounds that failing to tech the platforms as they move offscreen can kill you. (Also applies to footstools.) Lylat Cruise was hated because it demanded precision when recovering, although since they changed the stage I'm not sure anyone really has an argument against it anymore.

The problem with conflating "competitive" with "hazardless" is that depending on what you consider to be a hazard, there can be as few as four hazardless stages in the game, and two of them are Big Battlefield and Temple. (The other two are Battlefield/Miiverse and Final Destination/Omegas.) So let's explore some other options.

Time for a thought experiment. Starting from the full stage list, your job is to create a list of stages for use in a tournament. Your friend advises you that hazardless stages are preferred. Suppose "hazardless" is taken to mean "the stage is incapable of damaging a player." That leaves us with the following:

Battlefield
Big Battlefield
Final Destination/Omegas
Mario Galaxy
Delfino Plaza
Luigi's Mansion
Kongo Jungle 64
Temple
Woolly World
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Pokemon Stadium 2
Coliseum
Castle Siege
Skyworld
Town & City
Smashville
Wii Fit Studio
Duck Hunt
Windy Hill Zone
Dream Land 64
Suzaku Castle
Miiverse

I can't imagine that stage list would be popular. Also, changing that list to reflect stages that cannot damage or kill a player will, among other things, force out Delfino Plaza, Castle Siege, and Town & City. Food for thought.

The takeaway from this is that the presence or absence of hazards, by itself, means very little with regard to whether a stage is suitable for competitive play. Somewhere along the way, you need to make a judgement call about what sort of play you want to encourage (or discourage) and structure the stage list to fit. Case in point: Temple will never find itself banned if you limit the criteria to anything involving hazards, since it's completely static. You need to first decide that it promotes an undesirable type of play (circle camping) and ban it on those grounds instead. The same applies to Big Battlefield.

Then you have Halberd which, low ceiling aside, has what I would say is a candidate for "best hazard in the game": the laser. Not only does it provide ample warning, the player can manipulate it into working in their favor even when they're the target.

On a final note, I mentioned earlier that I had some ideas about how to redesign some of the less well liked stages. This has nothing to do with the rest of my post, so skip over it if you want.

Kalos Pokemon League
Problem: Legendaries are powerful, especially Registeel. Fire and Steel forms restrict player movement. People dislike the walkoff on the Water form, even though it's temporary.
Fixes: Remove legendaries. Platforms stay put for all transformations. Steel form loses the swords, metal pool appears only once and only for a few seconds. Fire has a single flame jet in the middle that fires for 1 second. Water has a torrent fall over the center over a grate that pushes airborne players down. Dragon statue attacks only once and aims at the middle.

Wii Fit Studio & Coliseum
Problem: Walkoff
Fix: Use the Omega form as a base, keep platforms that come and go.

Woolly World
Problems: Lengthy walkoff duration, large size
Fix: Use Omega form as a base, shrink and simplify the tilt-a-whirl thing that floats over the stage.

Luigi's Mansion
Problem: Cave of Life
Fix: Make entire second floor a standard platform instead of being mostly solid. Keep the pillars destructible.

Jungle Hijinxs
Problem: Circle camping via barrels, large background fighting area
Fix: Remove the background and barrels.

Garden of Hope
Problem: Peckish Aristocrab, solid objects get in the way
Fixes: Remove crab and pot/stick; also either make the bridge indestructible or let players jump through it from below.

Gaur Plain
Problems: Size, Metal Face
Fixes: Remove Metal Face, shrink stage to roughly 3DS version size; drop one half of the stage and center the other half so that the fighting area is centered WRT blast zones. Having the main fighting platform be above the secondary platforms is something new.

Yoshi's Island
Problems: Walkoff, high-angle slopes, small blast zones
Fixes: Remove pipe and walkoff hill, enlarge blast zones. Leave the flip blocks in place.

Wily Castle, Mushroom Kingdom U, Pirate Ship, Port Town Aero Dive, Norfair
Problem(s): Various damaging hazards (Yellow Devil, Nabbit/urchins/icicles, cannonballs etc., F-Zero machines, lava)
Fix: Remove the damaging hazards

Pyrosphere
Problem: Ridley
Fix: Remove Ridley. Leave Joulions/Zeroes/Robots.

Windy Hill Zone
Problem: Springs bounce players in unpredictable directions and give no warning
Fix: Remove springs

Pilotwings
Problem: Both planes are easily campable
Fix: Remove pontoons on yellow plane, make bottom wings of red plane completely solid

Castle Siege
Problem: Second form disliked due to walkoff
Fix: Skip second form and go straight to the third OR break the floor on either side of the statues so that it's no longer a walkoff.

Gamer
Problem: Mom's vision speed is inconsistent, random layout sometimes generates caves of life
Fixes: Normalize mom's vision speed so that it always takes the same time to reach the stage, remove solid objects from list of possible stage objects.

Flat Zone X:
Problem: Small, walkoff
Fix: Complete overhaul, take the Omega form and slap the Oil Panic features on top of it minus the people.

Skyworld
Problem: All platforms are solid, no warning for when they reform once destroyed.
Fix: Main platform indestructible, other platforms now pass-through instead.

Boxing Ring
Problems: Large size, walkoffs, lights too high for some characters to reach naturally
Fixes: Remove sides, lower lights so that everyone can reach with a double jump, lights do no damage when falling.

PAC-LAND
No.

Last edited:

epicnights

Smash Apprentice
NNID
epicnights
Interesting change to the ruleset of Jank City ruleset (see my post here for the ruleset) as of recent. Wuhu Island has been removed from the stagelist similarly to Pilotwings, under the reasoning of "not jank enough". Strange, seeing as people complain about it being too jank for regular stagelist? :facepalm:

Yikarur

Smash Master
and Wuhu Island is still not legal anywhere :( germany will probably drop the stage now too because it's not legal anywhere else.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
That's the worst possible reason to ban a stage that has not proven to be problematic.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Global ruleset consistency is actually a pretty good reason. It helps with the levelling of the international scene so that everyone can play on equal standing when they travel out of region/country.

E epicnights I think the "not jank enough" argument stands when you compare to the rest of your stages. Like Pilotwings is completely playable in a regular way as long as you don't camp the lower parts. Why people would ban Wuhu and keep Skyloft is beyond me though.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
If it's not broken don't fix it.

Also, There is no need for a global ruleset.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom