• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Stage Legality Discussion Thread:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghostbone

Smash Master
Any top blastzones smaller than T&C get into the abusive territory.
Smashville effectively has closer side blastzones because of the moving platforms and how small the main stage is (so the side blastzone is closer from the centre of the stage). Town and City too sorta because you can't DI moves as much (the upper corner is obviously closer). Battlefield and Dreamland provide the large side blastzones.

The extremely close blastzones of transforming stages do them no favours in terms of bringing diversity to the stagelist. They're what gets them banned most of the time (super close side blastzones of 2nd transition of CS, obviously top blastzone shenanigans on Delfino)

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
Some tournaments I've been to have been very irresponsible with the way they handle the game. It used the standard starter cp starter system, yet didn't have all the characters unlocked and most bafflingly didn't have freaking Smashville unlocked. I should probably choose better care in the tournaments I go to...

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
A lot of people try to host a tournament because Smash is a hot stuff atm.
But most of them have no idea how to do so. Go unprepared, have no idea how to handle rules or even how to make the brackets.
:196:

RIP|Merrick

Absolute Trash
NNID
Merricktherox
3DS FC
4339-2630-2726
Most bafflingly didn't have freaking Smashville unlocked.
I don't see the problem with that. ;)

Any idea if there have been advancements in that legal custom stage project? I haven't heard about anything concrete in a long time. I wish many of them could be globally accepted; I'm very fond of my rendition of Meta Crystal 64, WarioWare without hazards, and a few others that I think could work in experiment, plus they have the proper respawn points for both singles and doubles.

Other than that, it seems clear to me that people are exhausted about talking about legal stages for singles; there seems to be a pretty happy medium between seven to ten, and in some rare cases thirteen. Any chance we could get discussion of what works in doubles and what may not work as well in doubles? It's been a year now of tournament play,and doubles is developing a very interesting meta, albeit with the same stages as most singles list. Maybe there is no reason to omit or change from the transition from singles to doubles, but I'd like to hear what others think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom