• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage .H.A.C.K.ing Central

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Yeah, it would be a little strange xD

In the original stage, there was going to be ground, but plasmakirby gave it a lava texture, so I moved the fake lava I previously had only in the background and placed it everywhere in the stage.

If it didn't move so much I could try to make it a little inclinated and having some ground again, but I'm sure it's better with only the buildings and not ground, and I tried to move the real lava to be always reachable, but it acted strangely and went higher than expected. So I decided leave the lava as a decoration, and fall through it. You are not burnt but you still die if you fall to lava and don't return ^^U
But the real lava randomly floats up and burns you out of nowhere sometimes...

SuperGuzzi

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, it would be a little strange xD

In the original stage, there was going to be ground, but plasmakirby gave it a lava texture, so I moved the fake lava I previously had only in the background and placed it everywhere in the stage.

If it didn't move so much I could try to make it a little inclinated and having some ground again, but I'm sure it's better with only the buildings and not ground, and I tried to move the real lava to be always reachable, but it acted strangely and went higher than expected. So I decided leave the lava as a decoration, and fall through it. You are not burnt but you still die if you fall to lava and don't return ^^U
Hey, you work a lot with Norfair, right? you know lot of lava in there? beacuase i need to remove the hit boxes, and i need the lava don't go up in the platform, you know how to do it?

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
i've gotten the wall/container to not appear, but the hitboxes still show up. i haven't looked at hexing them out, though, so that may be a possibility.

SuperGuzzi

Smash Journeyman
i've gotten the wall/container to not appear, but the hitboxes still show up. i haven't looked at hexing them out, though, so that may be a possibility.
oh another question, i see your idea for 75m, actually, is really dificult, beacuse all the pink paltforms are in one polygon and in one bone, so separeate is impossible, but a ihave a idea, there is, in another model, a moving platform, , so i can put a lso of them to imitate the stage, and use what part you want, if this possible?

SuperGuzzi

Smash Journeyman
not yet... i've got 2 versions right now. once i get some input on them from thunderhourse i'll do more work.
okey okey i just need to ahve all of stage in bralw more playable, so thanks, for do all stages that you do :3

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Update on the Gamecube stage, which is about 90% done. I'm finally done with positioning each side correctly, it was such a pain in the choo-choo.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Gotta ask, exactly how will it look in the final version?

Is it going to be multiple gamecubes, like in the picture? or is it going to be one that kinda rotates periodcally to throw off players?
Oh, it's going to be a simple stage, for tournament fans. The ledges can be grabbed, and the walls can be wall-jumped. Making it rotate would be a bit too hard, and I don't see how the ledges would work.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Right. Hi, everyone, I'm completely new, so don't bite my head off if this is in the wrong section, but I've read all the way through this topic and I have a couple stage ideas. (The first one I wanna work on: Melee stage. Two words; first starts with a G.) Problem is, I have absolutely no idea what I should be doing to get started, so while I want to post things here (and reserve this spot, actually, for when I get things done), I need help with, well, everything. How do I get started on making my own stages?

Overdrive64

Smash Journeyman
Oh, it's going to be a simple stage, for tournament fans. The ledges can be grabbed, and the walls can be wall-jumped. Making it rotate would be a bit too hard, and I don't see how the ledges would work.
Maybe you could take two CD's and have them floating flat above the stage life platforms. (Positioned like battlefield without the highest platform.) Then texture them to look like Melee and Double Dash. Simple suggestion, amazing stage BSZ. Also, the background should be this: http://img.youtube.com/vi/xecWX51PElI/2.jpg :p (Maybe even animated O.o, yeah right ><)

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
Right. Hi, everyone, I'm completely new, so don't bite my head off if this is in the wrong section, but I've read all the way through this topic and I have a couple stage ideas. (The first one I wanna work on: Melee stage. Two words; first starts with a G.) Problem is, I have absolutely no idea what I should be doing to get started, so while I want to post things here (and reserve this spot, actually, for when I get things done), I need help with, well, everything. How do I get started on making my own stages?
here's some advice:
1.Get the basics on brawlbox it's pretty much essential to know
2.every time you do something major *like import textures model etc.* test it out in game to make sure it doesn't freeze
3.Have some grasp on texture hacking trust me it can improve the stage hack *unfortunately i lack texture hacking skills which is why i'm limited on some of the things i make*

KuroBit

Smash Apprentice
Hey, I'm in the process of making a stage I think most anyone who's played Smash Bros. on the N64 will be exited about:

But I'm running into a lot of trouble... Whenever I try to add any more models then what I have in the second picture, when I try saving, BrawlBox says something like "The key is not present". Also, if I try removing that model, it still can't save and says something about "[complicated error message]... this may mean the file is corrupt".

Has anyone run into this before, and is there a way around it?

EDIT: ( To the post right before mine: ) Awesome job on those o_o, they look really cool.

Matteron

Smash Ace

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Grand opening of the Coconut Mall in Brawlville

Big thanks to Mewtwo_2000 for helping me with the stages.

Coconut Mall
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?z41yzddzmgm

Garden
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?jiyym2gcnmw

Parking Lot (starting line)
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?omym2wlrznq

Enjoy your shopping ;)
Oh, so you finally released them =)

You had a lot of work with them I know, and they are now truely awesome stages, congrats ;)

Hey, I'm in the process of making a stage I think most anyone who's played Smash Bros. on the N64 will be exited about:

But I'm running into a lot of trouble... Whenever I try to add any more models then what I have in the second picture, when I try saving, BrawlBox says something like "The key is not present". Also, if I try removing that model, it still can't save and says something about "[complicated error message]... this may mean the file is corrupt".

Has anyone run into this before, and is there a way around it?

EDIT: ( To the post right before mine: ) Awesome job on those o_o, they look really cool.
So you can't add more models? Maybe any of them is somehow corrupted?

Anyway, you could try my old method to add models, what if it worked? O.o

Great job with that Hyrule Castle ;)

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
I know that someone had made a Legend of Zelda Temple of Time stage made from the mdl0 of the Warioware Smoothmoves LoZ game. But, Thanyou, told me that the collisions on the stage must have been rushed and wanted me to redo it. I tested the stage before I did any edits. The stage was fine besides some bad collisions. I then deleted all of the collisions and started the collisons anew. I tested it. Whenever I exit the match by force quitting or winning, it crashes. Is there a fix for this? If need be, I will upload the stage if you need it.

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
Kwark, those stages looks cool, but are they just backgrounds with death boundaries like Flat Zone, or what?

I'd be interested if there are platforms and an actual layout, not so much for another FD.

Mr.Chuy

Chuy

For some reason i was actually able to think of a stage idea today lol i guess being sick does have it's advantages
Download comes with brstm thanks to mewtwo for fixing the picture problem
sorry about the lack of in-game pictures for this the bin2jpg thing corrupted them DX

Just a simple edit of a texture hack by tajtehninja of brawl snapshots
i would put a download link to this but first i got to figure out why it's crashing a minute into the battle first

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
Wow. I really have to hand it to all of you. This is some really fantastic work that I could never see myself doing for one reason or another. This is just beyond imagination sometimes. Really. I've been following this topic and I want you all to remember that this is all just so unreal, and it's so great. Seriously, keep up the grand work.

Now that I'm done commending you for your work, I do have a simple question that involves stages and the like. People have pulled the SSE stages and all that, but I was wondering if anyone had tested out replacing the SSE stages and level layouts with something more... interesting? Retro? Making it feel more adventurous and less... I dunno, tedious? Just throwing the thought out there. Remember, I'm just asking if it's possible, not asking anyone to do it. If anyone would be doing it, it would be me, as I'd learn how to do all this crap post-haste if I could try to make the SSE experience worth... experiencing.

But hey, one step at a time here. Or looking at some of your works fellas.... giant leaps. For mankind, of course.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I believe it is possible, but I haven't looked into enough. According to some, you could probably use considerably large models to replace the stages. We might not know enough about how the door system works though. I did find the .brres containing the map texture as well as the bones that correspond to each level's location on the map.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Grand opening of the Coconut Mall in Brawlville

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm245/kwarking/CoconutMallGrid.jpg

Big thanks to Mewtwo_2000 for helping me with the stages.

Coconut Mall
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?z41yzddzmgm

Garden
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?jiyym2gcnmw

Parking Lot (starting line)
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?omym2wlrznq

Enjoy your shopping ;)
Sadly it freezes for me. It's probably because I'm PAL. Crisis City seemed to have a problem with PAL as well before Mewtwo_2000 fixed it.

Captain Kwark

Smash Apprentice
Kwark, those stages looks cool, but are they just backgrounds with death boundaries like Flat Zone, or what?

I'd be interested if there are platforms and an actual layout, not so much for another FD.
It is the entire Coconut Mall from Mario Kart Wii over Mario Circuit.

FairKnight

Smash Journeyman
Ummm I have a question:

I imported 5 stages onto different stages, Ill show you them right now:

Sea Town

Crystal War Field

Arena

Fire Altar

Heaven's Call

I ported these over as follows:

Sea Town - Delphino Plaza
Crystal Warfield - Battlefield
Arena - Super Mario Bros. (Famicom)
Fire Altar - Friget Orephon
Heaven's Call - Final Destination

They all seem to freeze when you play them on the corresponding stages, can anyone tell me whats wrong?
If it helps, I didnt give a .rel files, is that the only thing that can fix this?

FairKnight

Smash Journeyman
The base for all of them was the Online Training room

And no they dont have the same number of .brres files, in fact theres only 1 .brres file that creates those stages so I simply deleted all the other Mode Data except stage position and Pokemon Trainer, I kept the original stagepositions and pokemontrainers from the replaced stages though

Mr.Chuy

Chuy

And no they dont have the same number of .brres files, in fact theres only 1 .brres file that creates those stages so I simply deleted all the other Mode Data except stage position and Pokemon Trainer, I kept the original stagepositions and pokemontrainers from the replaced stages though
that's your problem then the stage your replacing has to have the same number of model data as the original

ds22

Smash Lord

Then you need to have .rel's from Online Training Room edited to go over the stages you want to port over.
It will fix the freezing.

Top Bottom