• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage .H.A.C.K.ing Central

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I didn't expect that either.
I'm at the 3 minute mark.
I'm doing collisions on the last float and then I'll have Lapras surf back in and then I can revisit the stupid PT issue.

The last float is in, has collisions and is animated and the total file size is 1,337KB. :D

Here are preview pics of the nighttime version, whenever they process.

curry9186

Smash Journeyman
This is just me nitpicking, but shouldn't Scyther's claws be pointing downward instead of up? If that's a model issue that you can't fix, then okay. The stage is impressive regardless.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I'll take a look at the bone structure of Scyther and check if that part is rigged.

Hmm..... I don't think brinstar is the best solution due to the invisible destructible orb things and the acid hitbox which is more of an issue than the cosmetic one of having PT follow ALL collisions. I might just move him very far downwards or upwards.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I saw your SMB3 stage and was like "he finally released it on BrawlVault" since it got lost in this thread.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I liked the one where the guy was using Rayquaza in place of Onix. What ever happened to that version?

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
I could make the original melee version by building the pokemon. It would be a little painful and they would not be able to move in general. Anyway, I'm gonna wait and see what happens with model importers and such. I have other projects in mind and I don't want to waste my time in something than can be eventually done without effort and probably better than me.

DarkChris126

Smash Journeyman
hey yoshi, i saw that u released poke floats 2, since it is over FD, doesnt that mean i can replace any other stage to? :)

Ulevo

Smash Master
How is the stage? I'm busy right now so I can't download and check it for myself but I am really excited to see what its like!

Youtube link possibly?

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Thank you :)

I love swapping backgrounds, but there are so few stages to use. A lot of the tournament-legal stages have moving backgrounds so they're no good for replacing. And there's no sense editing a stage that nobody is going to play. That's why there are so many FD/BF/SV hacks, unfortunately.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Is there a way to make a platform that only appears when Pokemon Trainer is present? And not on a stage that already has one.

@libertyernie: Just import another TextureData and change it to TextureData[1].

NO@H

Smash Journeyman
@FrozenHobo: thanks :)
@libertyernie: Just import another TextureData and change it to TextureData[1].
also set the field to -1, I've had instances where it crashes without that.
nice stage hotdogturtle, I like it ^.^

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
Can any recommend stages with lots of modeldatas that are easy to make new stages over? I'd just use FD but for some reason BrawlBox crashes whenever I try to rename bones.

The two stages I want to make, 'Mario Block Party' & 'Smash Bros. Sign Up', are going to have a lot of characters that would need renamed bones if I was to make the stages over FD...

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Try removing that ladder. It really looks out of place IMO.
Trust me, the stage looks really boring without any blue on it. I actually had more ladders around the main platforms, but I removed them because I kept thinking that I could climb them >_> But the stage needs the color variety.
75mField is a good name for it.
B75? Reminds me of the B52's o.o
It's sort of an inside joke, but it works in a different way too because the B could stand for Battlefield.

Sittch

Smash Rookie
I don't have any experience in stage hacking or anything, but I was wondering if anyone has ever tried to make the name bars (the hovering icons that say P1, P2, CPU, etc.) invisible or even remove them altogether. If this could be done then I would be very interested to see someone attempt to utilize this by building a stage where certain parts were concealed by bushes, walls or other sorts of barriers that could hide the player. Perhaps this is an idea that just seems better in my head, but if someone could pull this off then it would bring something of an element of stealth into the game, particularly in 4-player matches, where it would be relatively easy to lose track of players 3 and 4 somewhere, if you were locked in combat with player 2.

Hopefully that's not too confusing. I can go over it again if it wasn't clear enough.

libertyernie

Smash Ace
You can't edit it to be somewhat less extreme on both ends? >_>
I didn't think you could edit lighting.
Ideally, I'd want the one on the left for the BG and the one on the right for the ships. I think I might just edit the textures. (Does "Replace All" work in the newest BrawlBox 0.64 modset?)

EDIT: Yes it does. This makes my job so much easier.

Top Bottom