• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage .H.A.C.K.ing Central

DarkChris126

Smash Journeyman
uh i need some help. i put in this stage called ark of yamato over final destination, and now when ever i play this stage or another stage when i reset the match it freezes.
nevermind i just had a bad ocarina code on. it works now.

Meta_Knight_777

Smash Apprentice

Download link

This is a stage texture hack of mine... Gem Canyon! My first texture hack, it is just a retexture of the Canyon SSE stage.

Background credit to Calamitas' Temporal Pinnacle Stage. The only real change from the original SIP.

I may update this If I can find a way to add lightning or the illusion of lightning to the background.

Meta_Knight_777

Smash Apprentice
^ Eh? ^_^; Anyway... What to do next... I guess I should finish my Stormy Ice Top texture. (The place you fight Lucario in SSE.) Anyone know how to add rain to a stage? Like the kind from NightStorm Eldin/Stormy Destination.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Looks cool. ^_^ By the way... Any advice on what pictures make the best textures? You know jpgs/pngs/tgas/bmps? Is there a difference? Just wondering so my next project is not as difficult. ^_^
DONT use JPGs, the quality goes down because of the compression. All the others are good, but for transparent textures you should use tga with an alpha channel. Png is good too, but the transparencies keep less information of the image and it sometimes look slighly worse in-game. So use tgas, or png if you don't use transparencies.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Alright, I have some free time to make some things, so I'll start by continuing three stages I started before, plus making a new ones. I have a problem with one, though. It's my Gamecube stage. Anyone knows why in-game, the screen is black and only one texture is shown? That texture uses the palette from any called effect, by the way. It's also rotated for some reason. I think I have an idea of why it's not working, but I'm not really sure.

I uploaded it here: http://rapidshare.com/files/390513867/STGGAMECUBEV4.pac.html

Edit: It seems like I'm having even more problems with a stage I started a long time ago. What is weird is that it used to work, and I only needed to fix one thing. This sucks, I always have some random problems, heh.

If you want to look at it: http://rapidshare.com/files/390520620/STGFINALEGG_1_.PAC.html

The problem I had before was the egg, which is actually Metaknight. I just remember that for some odd reason, it was showing as the Moon, when I didn't have any textures about it at all. I managed to fix that (Kind of), but then it would be a glitched object. That's all I remember. Now the stage freezes for no reason, when I didn't even edit it recently.

NO@H

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys I have a pretty important thing to say, I'm not sure if this has been discovered before, but w/e; As we all know, smashville has 5 .pacs, and you really only need one and can rename it to fit whichever time of day you like. But, if you only use one, such as the one that is supposed to be used for day, the sky will appear the same color blue for every .pac it is renamed to. To fix this, you obviously have to download the correct .pac, and replace whatever need replacing (textures, models, etc). I've seen a lot of hacks that have the blue sky in the afternoon, or at night, and it really looks a lot better when it has the correct color sky, I hope this helps people.

here is in example:
With incorrect file:

With correct file:

[/hype]

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Hey guys I have a pretty important thing to say, I'm not sure if this has been discovered before, but w/e; As we all know, smashville has 5 .pacs, and you really only need one and can rename it to fit whichever time of day you like. But, if you only use one, such as the one that is supposed to be used for day, the sky will appear the same color blue for every .pac it is renamed to. To fix this, you obviously have to download the correct .pac, and replace whatever need replacing (textures, models, etc). I've seen a lot of hacks that have the blue sky in the afternoon, or at night, and it really looks a lot better when it has the correct color sky, I hope this helps people.

here is in example:
Cookies are nice, tasty, and sexy.
[/hype]
Uhh, that was a little bit too obvious. :p

Anyway, after instantly downloading Mewtwo_2000's awesome Fourside stage, I couldn't resist to start working on this, so, I officially claim this idea:

Before anyone mentions it, yes, I know it looks like there are too many windows, I just started working on it. I'll make the texture bigger so it looks more like the original.

hochin

Smash Cadet
The SoulSilver stage is now up, enjoy

How would I go about porting this and the heart gold one for use with the Pokemon Stadium 2 stage? Is it possible to do it without a rel file? I was hoping to use them with the ASL code.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
How would I go about porting this and the heart gold one for use with the Pokemon Stadium 2 stage? Is it possible to do it without a rel file? I was hoping to use them with the ASL code.
I'll try to do it. Expect news from me about this. If you see I don't say a thing, remindme about it. My memory is limited with all those projects in my mind xD

Anyway, after instantly downloading Mewtwo_2000's awesome Fourside stage, I couldn't resist to start working on this, so, I officially claim this idea:

Before anyone mentions it, yes, I know it looks like there are too many windows, I just started working on it. I'll make the texture bigger so it looks more like the original.
Its okay, but... Do you know that there's already a Moonside up? xD

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=5764&Moderated=All

You can still make yours, of course, but I want to point that as being my stage, I want to keep for me the making of every possible derivated stage except the moonsides xD

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
Do you know which stage corresponds to which time of day? Actually how many different versions of the day are there for smashville, because I know some are just for that dog that play's the guitar and something else

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
yo, mewtwo, i asked that qeustion, not cuz im a stalker, but because i want to make.. a surprise for u...
one more question. what are ur top 5 pokemanz?
Mmm.... This is not the right place for these questions I guess, don't you have an account in kc-mm forums so you can use my thread for this? xD

Anyway, top 5... Um... Mewtwo, Lugia, Ho-oh, Deoxys, Arceus... Not really a top 5, I like some more ones the same way, but this is what I can think of right now O.o xD

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Its okay, but... Do you know that there's already a Moonside up? xD

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=5764&Moderated=All

You can still make yours, of course, but I want to point that as being my stage, I want to keep for me the making of every possible derivated stage except the moonsides xD
Oh, crap, haha. But, mine will be like the original Moonside. Besides, I don't like that version much. Also, do you have an idea of why my two other stages aren't working? If you didn't see my post:

"Alright, I have some free time to make some things, so I'll start by continuing three stages I started before, plus making a new ones. I have a problem with one, though. It's my Gamecube stage. Anyone knows why in-game, the screen is black and only one texture is shown? That texture uses the palette from any called effect, by the way. It's also rotated for some reason. I think I have an idea of why it's not working, but I'm not really sure.

I uploaded it here: http://rapidshare.com/files/39051386...UBEV4.pac.html

Edit: It seems like I'm having even more problems with a stage I started a long time ago. What is weird is that it used to work, and I only needed to fix one thing. This sucks, I always have some random problems, heh.

If you want to look at it: http://rapidshare.com/files/39052062...GG_1_.PAC.html

The problem I had before was the egg, which is actually Metaknight. I just remember that for some odd reason, it was showing as the Moon, when I didn't have any textures about it at all. I managed to fix that (Kind of), but then it would be a glitched object. That's all I remember. Now the stage freezes for no reason, when I didn't even edit it recently."

NO@H

Smash Journeyman
Do you know which stage corresponds to which time of day? Actually how many different versions of the day are there for smashville, because I know some are just for that dog that play's the guitar and something else
I've been trying to figure that out

01-day
02-afternoon
03-night (dog sings as well here)
and then somewhere during the night it switches, I think to 04, but I'm not sure, and I guess 00 is morning

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Oh, crap, haha. But, mine will be like the original Moonside. Besides, I don't like that version much. Also, do you have an idea of why my two other stages aren't working? If you didn't see my post:

"Alright, I have some free time to make some things, so I'll start by continuing three stages I started before, plus making a new ones. I have a problem with one, though. It's my Gamecube stage. Anyone knows why in-game, the screen is black and only one texture is shown? That texture uses the palette from any called effect, by the way. It's also rotated for some reason. I think I have an idea of why it's not working, but I'm not really sure.

I uploaded it here: http://rapidshare.com/files/39051386...UBEV4.pac.html

If you want to look at it: http://rapidshare.com/files/39052062...GG_1_.PAC.html

The problem I had before was the egg, which is actually Metaknight. I just remember that for some odd reason, it was showing as the Moon, when I didn't have any textures about it at all. I managed to fix that (Kind of), but then it would be a glitched object. That's all I remember. Now the stage freezes for no reason, when I didn't even edit it recently."
GameCube stage fixed. I've even added my shadow system to it so it looks nicer.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?0kygr04zymz

I'm going to download the other one now xD

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Aww yeah, finally finished Moonside. Also, Mewtwo_2000, because of you, it took me 50 hours to figure out a texture was missing! Haha, just kidding. But, there was indeed a missing texture. It's the triangle prism model used for the museum (Lowest one) and the Monotoli building. It was missing the front texture, which made it white. I just looked in the model for the texture's name, and imported a custom one. You could do that as well, if you want to. I'm going to go test it now and post results.

GameCube stage fixed. I've even added my shadow system to it so it looks nicer.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?0kygr04zymz

I'm going to download the other one now xD
Oh wow, I love you, seriously. Thanks a lot! I'll post it on my blog and Brawl Vault as soon as possible, and will credit you of course. Mind telling me what was the problem? I had something in mind but I doubt it was the actual problem. Also, do you like it? =O

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Aww yeah, finally finished Moonside. Also, Mewtwo_2000, because of you, it took me 50 hours to figure out a texture was missing! Haha, just kidding. But, there was indeed a missing texture. It's the triangle prism model used for the museum (Lowest one) and the Monotoli building. It was missing the front texture, which made it white. I just looked in the model for the texture's name, and imported a custom one. You could do that as well, if you want to. I'm going to go test it now and post results.

Oh wow, I love you, seriously. Thanks a lot! I'll post it on my blog and Brawl Vault as soon as possible, and will credit you of course. Mind telling me what was the problem? I had something in mind but I doubt it was the actual problem. Also, do you like it? =O
Yeah, it's a cool stage indeed :p

Here're the problems:

1- There were two textures with palletes and the models were not referencing them properly
2- The other objects were referencing to palletes which were not existing

Those references can be found in the decaltexture value inside the materials in materials1, inside the model

3- The models were placed without the use of character animations, so they were not moving at all in game.

I still see an issue, I can fix it for you if you want... When you press start, the camera goes to the bottom of the cube. The stage appears to be too high. Doesn't affect gameplay, but as a stage, it would look better fixing it. So, do you want me to do it?

*Watching the egg stage*

PS: I'll take a look to that missing texture. But that's because Fourside is only a beta by now, and the museum building is the unfinished one in textures. The others are completed, but this one has a bad texture taken from youtube for the upper side, and the lower triangle still have the stage builder textures.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Yeah, it's a cool stage indeed :p

Here're the problems:

1- There were two textures with palletes and the models were not referencing them properly
2- The other objects were referencing to palletes which were not existing

Those references can be found in the decaltexture value inside the materials in materials1, inside the model

3- The models were placed without the use of character animations, so they were not moving at all in game.

I still see an issue, I can fix it for you if you want... When you press start, the camera goes to the bottom of the cube. The stage appears to be too high. Doesn't affect gameplay, but as a stage, it would look better fixing it. So, do you want me to do it?

*Watching the egg stage*

PS: I'll take a look to that missing texture. But that's because Fourside is only a beta by now, and the museum building is the unfinished one in textures. The others are completed, but this one has a bad texture taken from youtube for the upper side, and the lower triangle still have the stage builder textures.
Thanks! And between the three things you mentioned, I had none of them right, haha. And sure, you can fix it. I don't even know how I managed to do that in Brawl Wall. Thanks for telling me. As for the missing texture in your stage, just add any texture and rename it to nature_basic_block_05. That's what I did, and I made it black. Thanks again, and your Fourside stage really rocks. As for my Moonside stage, I'm really surprised at how it came out. I really like it.

Well..I seem to have another problem, but I don't think it really fits in this thread so don't bother helping me if you don't want to, as it's not that important. I'll post it on the Brawl Box Creation thread. Anyway, I made some animations for Captain Falcon, and they all work, yet, the game randomly freezes when I play as him. Why would it do that if every animation works? If you're wondering, they're Ronald McDonald animations. :p

Edit: Hey, we both have 535 posts! XD.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
One thing is sure: The egg is not causing that freeze xD

I'll fix the texture issue in Fourside, but not by adding that texture, but making the model using another of the existing ones. Thanks anyway :p

I'm going to the brawlbox creation thread to see now

EDIT: Egg stage fixed... Kinda xD

It needs some work with collisions and spawn points... Now it's up to you BigSharkZ

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ojq1zzztjnj

Top Bottom