• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage .H.A.C.K.ing Central

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
I seemed to have problems with it freezing at the end of a match, all I did to fix it was insert all the models into a FD .pac and it worked.

Also, is anyone working on Great Bay 3D?
I have a couple of ideas...
Yeah, it turns out that if you delete all collisions and start from scratch, it'll do that.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Anyone know what causes the MiscData[2].coll to freeze the game after the match? I have problems with it ALL THE TIME, but it fixes if I just redo the collisions (which I don't want to do).
See if you have an empty collision object in there, this is sometimes causing this.

Try adding collision objects and deleting them, and adding new points/planes and delete them. Brawlbox probably recalculates the offsets when you do this, and a bad offset could be the problem too.

Also, is anyone working on Great Bay 3D?
I have a couple of ideas...
I am going to revamp the 2D version I fixed for nikopunksupeermaario, making the platforms 3D, and having 3D water, so this would be a semi-3D version

Anyway, which are those ideas? O.o

Matteron

Smash Ace
I am going to revamp the 2D version I fixed for nikopunksupeermaario, making the platforms 3D, and having 3D water, so this would be a semi-3D version

Anyway, which are those ideas? O.o
I was going to try to make a squirtle vertex hack to make the turtle, the palm trees would be from somewhere else(delphino most likely). The floating rock at the left with be the stage builder part. And the logs will be vertexed hacked from normal blocks. I'm going to try to make everything 3D except the background.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Then you could make the turtle while I make the other 3D parts like I was going to, and then get your turtle into the stage. After that, you could try to make a vertex hack for the logs, but I think they can be right without being vertex hacked. Anyway, a stage builder block has only 9 vertex per face

What you say?

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
yes that a island from wii sports resort
I have a problem..
I felt bad because of being so mean to you, so I made a new wii sports resord island version, but everytime I edited the collisions, I clicked the X to close the collision editor and my whole misc data 2 was gone O.o

@Edit:
Never mind just got myself another template =/
Gonna test it soon, and if its fine i'll release it =p

@Edit:
Freeze.. Just replaced the textures and edited the collisions and it didn't work >.>

Dumbfire

NNID
AncientSunlight
I'm too lame to even make a simple 2D stage myself, but what I do have is a special pack for all of you guys!
With thanx to Mewtwo2000, I learnt how to port stages that are supposed to go over stages like FD over stages like Green Greens and Yoshi's Island Melee! I wanted to get some hacks together into one pack, showing people the art of stage hacking.
Alot of old stages from SSB64 and SSBM are included in this pack.
None of the neutrals / counterpicks are changed, textures or even changed at all! So you can just play your normal game with a few extra stages.
I wanted to leave as much room as possible, so you can make stage select icons yourself, so that you can just leave stages you don't like out.
The following things are in the pack:
Every stage has one BRSTM included, setted over the first song of the stage. You can just choose the rest yourself.

Saffron City (by libertyernie) over 75M
This is not a stage I ported, but its one of the cooler stages hacks from SSB64, and I really like it. In my opinion, this should belong in any stage hackers stage list.
Music: Primal Dialga Remix, the best pokemon song in many players opinion.

Congo Jungle (by Oni K4ge) over Green Hill Zone
This stage shows you fast you can make really awesome stuff with a simple 2D stage. Its not the most detailed SSB64 stages, but the fact that is pretty neutral made me wanted to include this.
No music in this one, there are alot of awesome DK soundtracks, so I'm just let you gonna search this one yourself.

Battlefield 64 (by Mewtwo2000) over Temple
Another awesome stage by Mewtwo2000, and another SSB64 stage hack. This one is the original nintendo 64 sized version, since you have normal battlefield anyway.
Music: Battlefield (dual zone) from SSB64, just the music from the n64 on Battlefield.

Hyrule Castle 64 (by Lybertinie) over Yoshi's Island Melee
No, this is not the 2D version by Kurobit. This the the version form Lybertinie, with textures from the actual game. I think it has not gotten all the attention it needed, because I really like this version more, because it has the n64 feeling. If you want to use the version of Kurobit, use the one over Bridge of Eldin to still have it ;p And don't worry, this is the last n64 stage in this pack xD
Music: Soul Caliber II Links Theme

Crisis City (by Plasmakirby and Mewtwo2000) over Norfair
An awesome Sonic the Hedgehog stage, and this stage shows how you can use effect from other stages to make a new one. This one obviously goes over Norfair, and it has alot of Norfairs fire effects added. Alot of Sonic characters fly around. I'm serious, this is a must have for sonic fans.
Music: Bionicle Heroes: Hakann Battle.
You will have absolutely no clue what this is. INstead of searchign Sonic music (you can do that yourself, lol), I went for something more original. Hakann is a Bionicle who really likes lava. He keeps matorans as slaves and has some cool music with him.

Dusknoir Stage (by pikazz) over Green Greens
A lot of "playing on character" stages have been floating around. Most of them were not too good and they all had an FD background. Mewtwo2000 had a more original one with a custom background, but I liked this one more. This one is animated to open his Mouth on his belly (don't ask me what I mean, just test the stage ;p). This is in my opinion the best of his kind of stages around, and also the last one made in a while.
Music: RSE Gym Leader Battle; an awesome Symphonic version, its on of thousand pokemon game brstm's around, so you can just search your own.

Updated Great Fox (by OizenX) over Corneria
This stage shows the hundreds of options you have with stage hacking, one being able te extract the trophy data of the game and making a stage out of it. This one is the version with the stage background, you can get the other one from brawl vault.
Props to OizenX for this awesome stage. Looks like the Great Fox got an upgrade, doesn't it?
Music: "Barrel Roll Song (space armada remix)". NO, this is not the annyoing one. This is a remix of space armada with the voices of the starfox cast mixed in. The "do a barrel roll" will come when there done talking, and then the music will play some cool stuff. Really like the outcome. I have this over Lylat as well.

Venom (by Mewtwo2000) over Online Training Room
This is the best Melee stage hack as of now. Many versions have been made, but this versions has starwings without it being over Corneria, wich is an awesome thing.
One of alot of great stage hacks by Mewtwo2000. Online Waiting room over Rumble Falls code is needed to actually play on this one outside of.. Waiting on wifi.
This code is there for PAL as well, so no problem for you PAL users (me) ;p
Music: Same as with the Updated Great Fox

Bowsers Jr. Airship (by InTrepidCognito) over Summit
Finally I'm of the stupid Summit. Now, about the stage. It is a great 3D stage hack, showing Mewtwo2000 is not the only being able to make awesome 3D stages. InTrepidCognito has some other great stages, check them out. Its the Airship form Bowser Jr, goes good together with the Bowser Jr. hack.
Music: Super Mario Galaxy, Final Bowser Battle, a pretty epic theme from Super Mario Galaxy.

Great Bay (by NikoPunkSUPEERMAARIO and Mewtwo2000) over Skyworld
Another Melee stage. Really like this stage, its not too competive and all, but the turtle is really funny and its a pretty cool Melee Memory.
Musis: None as of yet

Onett is left open for Mewtwo2000's Fourside.

Hope you all like this pack.
Downloads here:
Saffron City: http://www.mediafire.com/?4yzjwzvnkzy
Updated Great Fox: http://www.mediafire.com/?zytnajyyyyy
Dusknoir Stage: http://www.mediafire.com/?zytnajyyyyy
Battlefield 64: http://www.mediafire.com/?tqzy2m3ih1b
Hyrule Castle 64: http://www.mediafire.com/?2ndemaznmmu
Congo Jungle 64: http://www.mediafire.com/?2ndemaznmmu
Bowser Jr. Airship: http://www.mediafire.com/?uj1dm3oygah
Crisis city: http://www.mediafire.com/?nhraztjgzj5
Venom: http://www.mediafire.com/?vkz2znimgmt
Great Bay: http://www.mediafire.com/?oxfz2ezkimy

If you guys want the music, I'll search one for the Great Bay, and then I'll upload the music as well.

If you guys have any critiqeu, If I forgot to give credits to somebody by some stages, want to make stage select icons, like bananas, or especially if you got any stages you want me to include (preferebly not from yourself), please tell me!

Hope I helped :D

Dumbfire

NNID
AncientSunlight
I just ported some of the better stage hacks out there to other stages without REL Files.
Too bad I can't help with the 2D to 3D stages D:

I can't even make a 2D stage without the game freezing rofl.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
since Mewtwo_2000 explained/helped me figure out the process to move custom stage blocks (its weird that the yellow doesn't show up on just those pieces) i can probably get Saffron City started/completed over the summer.

Jiiprah

Smash Apprentice
New pics from my TETRIS Stage

i'll do two version, one like that in the pics, and one wich has a tetris backgroun, and only fight in the the base
So what happens if a tetra block fall on you?

^^ For maximum Mushroom Kingdom III enjoyment.

hmmm...

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=9619657&highlight=Mario#post9619657

ALSO I FORGOT: Just fixed a little something that got on my nerves :)

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=4590

spiderjjr45

Smash Apprentice
I'm too lame to even make a simple 2D stage myself, but what I do have is a special pack for all of you guys!
With thanx to Mewtwo2000, I learnt how to port stages that are supposed to go over stages like FD over stages like Green Greens and Yoshi's Island Melee! I wanted to get some hacks together into one pack, showing people the art of stage hacking.
Alot of old stages from SSB64 and SSBM are included in this pack.
None of the neutrals / counterpicks are changed, textures or even changed at all! So you can just play your normal game with a few extra stages.
I wanted to leave as much room as possible, so you can make stage select icons yourself, so that you can just leave stages you don't like out.
The following things are in the pack:
Every stage has one BRSTM included, setted over the first song of the stage. You can just choose the rest yourself.

Saffron City (by libertyernie) over 75M
This is not a stage I ported, but its one of the cooler stages hacks from SSB64, and I really like it. In my opinion, this should belong in any stage hackers stage list.
Music: Primal Dialga Remix, the best pokemon song in many players opinion.

If you guys have any critiqeu, If I forgot to give credits to somebody by some stages, want to make stage select icons, like bananas, or especially if you got any stages you want me to include (preferebly not from yourself), please tell me!

Hope I helped :D

I must correct you here. I made Saffron City, Libertyernie corrected alot of the collisions, though.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Too many freaking Sonic stages. o_o

We need more Metroid, Zelda, and custom ones. I'm going to re-work on the stages I've had problems with, such as the Gamecube, and Tal Tal Heights, tomorrow.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero

We need more Metroid, Zelda, and custom ones. I'm going to re-work on the stages I've had problems with, such as the Gamecube, and Tal Tal Heights, tomorrow.
to be fair, KH stages far outnumber sonic ones

plus, i recently finished up a bomberman stage...

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089

http://www.mediafire.com/?gywjz0kjjyh
Goes over Final destination.

Music - Yoshi's Island CrystallineCaverns OC ReMix by Mcvaffe
http://www.mediafire.com/?ayoezzwj2hm

A stage I did earlier but have a pic for now.

Because of my Brick, I cannot load any HBC apps or Brawl, so I can't test any further creations.
I made this before the brick but the pictures I took somehow came out corrupted.
As you can see, I had to take this pic using Brawlbox.
I thought about making this a 3-D stage, but my inability to test it now makes it futile to an extent.

tl:dr This will be my first,last,and only stage until further notice.

Stay cool.

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace

I AGREE!

Sonic fanboys, please don't hurt me. :urg:

Because of my Brick, I cannot load any HBC apps or Brawl, so I can't test any further creations.

tl:dr This will be my first,last,and only stage until further notice.

Stay cool.
I MAY be able to help you with your brick. What happened?

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Woah Woah WOAH! when did you start on Tal Tal Hights?
Haha, a long time ago! I had problems with it but thankfully I had sent the file to someone, before I lost all my files. You fight on the summit (The mountain is cut off), with animated clouds and the egg in the middle.

SuperGuzzi

Smash Journeyman

what's your problem with sonic stages? ò.o XD well i'm working on new and different stages, some classic, i'm working on my tetris, but i have planned a pac-man stage and posible arkanoid

but for the tetris stages, i'm getting bored of import lot of model rename them, (and their bones) animate them and do collision for each one T_T i'm so tired of this

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
Just thought I'd post my final product for the Falling Cherry Blossoms stage here as well:

Falling Cherry Blossoms Sakuraville V1 (NOW BRAWL+ COMPATIBLE)

Brawlvault Download: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=5329&Moderated=All
*Now compatible with Brawl+

3 Falling styles included in zip:
-Fast and large amount
-Fast and small amount
-Slow and small amount

Mix and match these on whatever times of day you want[example being choose stgvillage_00 from one style and stgvillage_01 from another style]

Animation glitch is least noticeable on slow & few, and fast & few, but there's nothing that can be done about that one line of animation glitch it's just how the model was made

Original stage by rihuganon or Canon98
Snow texture(Flower Petals) by me

Falling Cherry Blossoms Sakuraville V2 Alternate Tree PACK (NOW BRAWL+ COMPATIBLE)

Brawlvault Download: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=5330&Moderated=All

*Now compatible with Brawl+*

So I liked rihuganon's Tree texture and decided to port my falling petals over it

3 Falling styles included in zip:
-Fast and large amount
-Fast and small amount
-Slow and small amount

Mix and match these on whatever times of day you want[example being choose stgvillage_00 from one style and stgvillage_01 from another style]

Animation glitch is least noticeable on slow & few, and fast & few, but there's nothing that can be done about that one line of animation glitch it's just how the model was made

Now THIS should be the end of it, just had to make these Brawl+ compatible

Original stage by rihuganon or Canon98
Snow texture(Flower Petals) by me

In Progress:

Based on Clannad:

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
The problem was that a while ago, I used an updater to update to 4.0 so I can access the shop channel to buy Majora's Mask and it corrupted certain IOSes without my knowledge.

I have a NAND backup from months ago, but restoring it didn't do any good.

Currently, I'm on 4.2(updating didn't solve the problem,and I lost bootmii, have the HBC(still) and cannot load any HBC apps, The Mii Channel, Weather Channel, News Channel or Brawl from the disc channel.
GC games, Wii sports and VC games minus Majora's mask still work.

OizenX

Smash Journeyman

There's nothing wrong with that.

I mean there are about 4000 megaman textures. Somethings are just more popular. If you think there are too many Sonic stages, do something about it. Make a Zelda or Metroid stage.

Anyway, Metal Harbor is 100% done, and is scheduled to be released on Monday.

yay~

libertyernie

Smash Ace
I must correct you here. I made Saffron City, Libertyernie corrected alot of the collisions, though.
With the work I've done, pretty much everything has been changed a little (textures, spawn points, collisions.) But I realize I probably should give you credit. After all, without you I never would have done any of that in the first place :) Thanks to Mewtwo2000 as well for porting it over to 75m.

Top Bottom