• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage .H.A.C.K.ing Central

libertyernie

Smash Ace
I really like the bob-ombs one. Whenever a bomb appears in the middle of the stage, either someone can grab it or it starts walking. And when they blow up, a new one appears. Gonna put this .rel on the Bomberman forest stage for sure.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Before I leave the net for a while, I have this to say.
My secret Project ???? ?????? ? still isn't ready to be shown yet,
BUT I did release Planet's Core.

Click mah sig for it.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
My own version of Kongo Jungle 64 is almost ready. I started yesterday, and right now the only thing left would be the barrel cannon. It's impossible to get a real cannon to work right now, so the only thing I can make is some kind of flipping collision that emulates the barrel somehow, without shooting...

br3compactor

Smash Ace
If you want a stage with no item on it, just make it into an FD-compatible stage by adding a ModelData[2] (the Mewtwo2000 way). What standardtoaster's doing seems useful if you want a stage that repeatedly spawns some other item. (like Bob-ombs. Gonna try that right now.)
You're wrong: making that will indeed make it compatible with FD, but won't stop the sandbag from coming. It'll be just a FD stage that spawns sandbags. I've seen that myself more than once.

Inside stage PACs there's a BRRES that controls item spawns.

libertyernie

Smash Ace
Really? I thought as long as you used a Final Destination .rel file, it would never spawn sandbags.
By the way, it looks like they have censors on the censors.

br3compactor

Smash Ace
Standard Toaster, do you think you can make the Smoke Ball don't stick to characters?
I've requested that to hammerbros.98 (who used to make item edits) some time ago, but he left Brawl hacking and never even answered...

JetAurion

Smash Journeyman
Mewtwo, stop teasing us with your wizardry.

I bet you've secretly built a stage importer that you're keeping all to yourself. :(

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Not to offend KTH, but this Kongo looks so much better. Especially the fence in front. His was enormous for some reason.
The laconic reasoning is that M22K's is relatively scaled to match Smash 64 while KTH's is scaled to match Melee's relative size to the characters.

Kati

Smash Lord
I thought KTH's was good until he shrunk it. The camera pointed at the stage from an angle. the boundaries were ridiculously tiny, but were uneven so fixing them was painful.

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
:c
I wish sora_adv_stage.rel was like the normal stage .rels.......
Then it would be a matter of porting the stage to one of the SSE stages that has barrel cannons.

I searched for 38 A5 00 00 38 80 00 and found it in several places, each with different values.

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Nope.

Not yet.

Looking through it, it contains data for basically almost all of SSE stages, including whether or not to change the "mode" like when you fight bosses and characters.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
I wonder... if someone someday could hack that file, make it usable in VS and have direct ports of SSE stages?

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Umm...... We can port SSE stages already.

What I'm trying to do is port the hazards and workings of the stages, like the Barrels, spikes, lava, etc.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
No, I mean using the actual pacs from the Stage/Adventure folder WITHOUT having to port the ModelDatas and stuff to a Brawl stage.

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Oh. That isn't quite feasible now because I can't use the methods to port .rels on that SSE rel.

I wonder if the module editor can open it.....

Hooray. It opens.

Evilagram

Smash Journeyman
No, I mean using the actual pacs from the Stage/Adventure folder WITHOUT having to port the ModelDatas and stuff to a Brawl stage.
I was under the idea that they were formatted differently and thus could not be used for our purposes, hence why it was believed for such a long time that they were untouchable.

DiamondbodySharpshooter

Smash Journeyman
A quick queston. For stuff3's Baby Bowser Boss Battle stage, what .rel do you need for this stage to work on a custom stage? I used the Final destination to custom rel but it ended in a freeze. Which was odd cause it says it was built on FD.

Top Bottom