• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage .H.A.C.K.ing Central

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
@BSZ

The rule is always the same, you can have many models of the same kind, but you have to rename the bones so they are all different. And once done so, you will be able to move every single model with an unique animation. Only one animation per modeldata, and be careful as in modeldata[1] the first model doesn't move properly with the animation.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
You don't fight Ganondorf in Death Mountain. o_o

Frozenhobo was right; It's the Stone Tower Temple, from Majora's Mask.

Oh, I didn't even think about renaming the bones..haha. Thanks.

Also, Frozenhobo, I seriously have no inspiration today, I made this sign, but it sucks.

What I don't really like is the font. Do you have any ideas on what I should use? Also, "The Festive City of Opulent Charm" is actually the catch-phrase of the city.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
thing is, i need the letters to be stacked... like int he pic i sent you. there isn't a lot of space in the model.

i think just "Goldenrod" and "PokeMart" should do fine. as for fonts, i have no idea. maybe like the font used on the saffron city 64 stage?

edit: i like the red/pokeball background, though

NecroMasterX

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, I can't get the stage working over 75m, can someone do it for me? I have no idea what I'm doing. I got the main stage working, but I can figure out the rest I'm trying to do.

NO@H

Smash Journeyman
So, if i had a model, and an animation that went with it, could I rename a bone in a different model and import the animation to make both models have the same animation?

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Lol, ds22.

Well, Frozenhobo, how about these?

I re-sized and changed them a bit.

Also, added the right wall and fixed the top platform:

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
Hey guys, I can't get the stage working over 75m, can someone do it for me? I have no idea what I'm doing. I got the main stage working, but I can figure out the rest I'm trying to do.
Send it to me i'll port it for ya

So, if i had a model, and an animation that went with it, could I rename a bone in a different model and import the animation to make both models have the same animation?
Yeah

NO@H

Smash Journeyman
k, another question, does lylat cruise load the pacs in an order? For example, asteroid to battleship to corneria or something, or is it completely random?

and also, can compression be used in the models of a stage?

(If you haven't figured out, I ran out of room in a pac)

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
k, another question, does lylat cruise load the pacs in an order? For example, asteroid to battleship to corneria or something, or is it completely random?

and also, can compression be used in the models of a stage?

(If you haven't figured out, I ran out of room in a pac)
It's random
Not sure

@chuy
Here or on KCMM?
Doesn't matter to me

Is it me or is this site running very slow today?

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
I didn't even think about that..haha.

But, I don't think I know how to re-create that effect, because I'm using multiple models, and not one single platform that rotates (I think that's how the stage works, I never even opened it).

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Indeed. I'll take a look at the file to see how it was done. If it's just the collisions being assigned to the rotating models, then maybe I could give it a try.

Heh..I don't really get it. There's no animation, plus not all collisions are there.

Perhaps..the scene data?

NO@H

Smash Journeyman
you can just use an animation to flip it
and look in orpheon model data 105 for the flip, but it won't help you

br3compactor

Smash Ace
Actually, it would be epic if it were a climbing stage (like rumble falls) until it reaches the top. Then it flips and works the same way (but flipped). Than at the top again it would flip. And that'd go on forever and ever.

But it's too soon to suggest things, people. We don't even know how he's planning the stage to be.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Well, if you can tell me how to easily make it be like Rumble Falls, I could make it like that, except the fact that I don't want the stage to be extremely big either.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Actually, it would be epic if it were a climbing stage (like rumble falls) until it reaches the top. Then it flips and works the same way (but flipped). Than at the top again it would flip. And that'd go on forever and ever.
No... Please don't do this.

Well, if you can tell me how to easily make it be like Rumble Falls, I could make it like that, except the fact that I don't want the stage to be extremely big either.
It would be better if it were just a normal stage, but it flips into a different normal stage. Like Frigate itself is.

Indeed. I'll take a look at the file to see how it was done. If it's just the collisions being assigned to the rotating models, then maybe I could give it a try.

Heh..I don't really get it. There's no animation, plus not all collisions are there.

Perhaps..the scene data?
Like most stage elements, it's part of the MiscData. But you don't need to bother messing around with that; just build your stage over Frigate from the start. I figured out how part of the stage works a few weeks ago when I was trying to swap Frigate's background for something else. There are 3 main modeldatas: the background, the stage, and the parasite queen (there are also some unimportant ones like the moving platforms on the sides). When the stage flips, the background and the stage rotate instantly, and the parasite queen flips a few seconds later (you know how it has that animation). You would ideally just be replacing the first 2 modeldatas with your whole Stone Tower, and I guess just fill the rest of them with static models since you don't need them. If you play around with swapping any of the first 3 modeldatas with something else, you should be able to see how they work.

This is something that I've always wanted in Brawl so I'm really excited that it might finally be happening. That's why I'm trying to help you out so you can get this as perfect as possible.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Thanks for the support. So, if I just put my models in the model data, with my collisions, it will work? If so, wow, I'm doing this.

br3compactor

Smash Ace
Why, HDT? That's how it works in the game. You f-ing climb it. And if you mess up it will flip and you will fall back. And climb it again.

If it were the temple itself, just a flipping stage would be OK. But it's the way to the temple.

Do you even like Frigate? It was one of the first stages I got rid of.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Now that I think about it, Frigate's main stage is all 1 model, so I'm not sure how it would work if you're building the stage out of multiple models. But you should experiment. A rotating Frigate hack is something that's never been done before, so it has huge potential if it works out right (plus it's MM-related so it's even better).

Here's my suggestion. Experiment with adding a couple simple models with collision on each side (top and bottom) and see how they all work when the stage flips. If everything works the way it should, then continue on building the full Stone Tower.

Why, HDT? That's how it works in the game. You f-ing climb it. And if you mess up it will flip and you will fall back. And climb it again.
Because this is Brawl. You're supposed to be fighting, not climbing. Notice how nobody ever played Icicle Mountain in Melee? You sometimes have to sacrifice minor accuracy details for the sake of functionality.

br3compactor

Smash Ace
If it's well done, it might not only be playable, but also a very cool stage.

I agree Rumble Falls and Icicle Mountain are bad too, but that's because they weren't well made.

Fast climbing speed, Platforms too close to the death boundaries, fall through floors, Icy Floors, Deadly Spikes??? WTF, Nintendo

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
So, I guess I'll leave the idea of a rotating temple for now. I'll continue working on it.

Also, should I add an animated Garo? If so, which character should I make him on? Take in mind that I can hack the animations as well, so it looks more like one.

hero1771

Smash Journeyman
mumm.

i never got to the end of M.M, but the stage sounds interesting.
hey, did anyone hear about the new update 4.3?
as usual, nintendo wants to get rid of us. so dont update.

Top Bottom