• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage expansion template for PM 3.6 final (four versions)

FalconRPG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
F4LC0NPUNCH111
3DS FC
4141-2695-8953
Switch FC
SW-0822-1850-3326
Thanks. If only they could release those costumes, then I'll be at peace. :)

Wolfy76700

Smash Rookie
it doesn't have to. That depends on the community. Now is the opportunity to perfect hacks because there is an actual final version so people don't have to constantly update their hacks.
Yup, that's actually what I was thinking in a way. I have a custom build at home, using the Stage Expansion, ASL and Victory Code stuff (Among other things) and I actually hate re-doing that with every single new version. I'll now be working towards a stable build for PM, and maybe a side build with the Clone Engine Characters (However since the unfinished Isaac seems to be based on Pit, I might replace him with Ridley)

MetaFalcario

Smash Rookie
I've got a problem. Whenever I start the game in 3.6 beta with the stage expansion, it just goes to a black screen or back to the Wii Menu.

shikamaru12

Smash Apprentice
Hey, could you post the individual codes needed to make this work? I cant really separate them in the .gct, I can't find where a code starts and where it ends.

FalconRPG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
F4LC0NPUNCH111
3DS FC
4141-2695-8953
Switch FC
SW-0822-1850-3326
libertyernie libertyernie How do I change stage previews and borders without crashing and make names with big and small letters?

UnleashShadow

Smash Cadet
NNID
Roberto45
3DS FC
0688-5721-1822
Great work on this. But i have a problem. I tried to use the expansion on project m 3.6.1 CC version. While it does work, it doesn't show the leaked characters. Are you going to update it or is there a way i can do this? I hope for your reply. :)

Wolfy76700

Smash Rookie
Great work on this. But i have a problem. I tried to use the expansion on project m 3.6.1 CC version. While it does work, it doesn't show the leaked characters. Are you going to update it or is there a way i can do this? I hope for your reply. :)
You must insert the codes manually into the 3.CC codeset to make it work

sgib64

Smash Apprentice
NNID
sgib64
Is it possible to have a wifi safe version or at least a guide to make it? Thanks

shikamaru12

Smash Apprentice
Hey, I have the 12 stage expansion, but 0C is still a staticky icon. PMXP doesn't have this, and they don't remember what they did to fix it. Would anyone happen to know how to make it appear without the glitchiness?

Last edited:

FalconRPG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
F4LC0NPUNCH111
3DS FC
4141-2695-8953
Switch FC
SW-0822-1850-3326
Hey, I have the 12 stage expansion, but 0C is still a staticky icon. PMXP doesn't have this, and they don't remember what they did to fix it. Would anyone happen to know how to make it appear without the glitchiness?
Tried coloring the icon white, but it didn't work. I had to use CMPR.

Mario3785

Smash Rookie
NNID
Mario3785
3DS FC
1203-9629-0286
Does this work with Brawl Minus? If not, is there a way I can make it work?

XynZ

Smash Rookie
What do I have to do , so that it isnt the training room anymore?
I replaced the stgcustom01 file with a texture in the stages/melee folder, but the game still loads th sandbag and the form of battlefield (by that I mean the 3 platforms and theres only ground where it would be in battlefield.

squeakyboots13

Smash Journeyman
What do I have to do , so that it isnt the training room anymore?
I replaced the stgcustom01 file with a texture in the stages/melee folder, but the game still loads th sandbag and the form of battlefield (by that I mean the 3 platforms and theres only ground where it would be in battlefield.
Did you replace the appropriate .rel in the module folder as well?

XynZ

Smash Rookie
Here. Your new best friend.
http://www.lakora.us/rel/
Thanks Dude.
But how do I do this
I choose the original stage I want to replace (in my case training stage) and which one do I select then?
Because I donloadet the texture from Brawl Vault and how should I know for which original stage it should go?

Edit: Ok i found out that it should go over battlefield

Last edited:

squeakyboots13

Smash Journeyman
In the left column, choose whichever stage the stage you want to add into the game is based on. Stages are most commonly based on Battlefield, Final Destination, or Skyworld. If you post a link to the stage you're trying to add, I can tell you which specific stage you need to select.

The right column is for the stage you want to replace. If this is for stage expansion, then you're not replacing Training Room, you're replacing STGCUSTOM which is at the bottom of the list. From there, download it, rename the file to match the ID of the stage you're using and replace the one in the module folder with it.

XynZ

Smash Rookie
In the left column, choose whichever stage the stage you want to add into the game is based on. Stages are most commonly based on Battlefield, Final Destination, or Skyworld. If you post a link to the stage you're trying to add, I can tell you which specific stage you need to select.

The right column is for the stage you want to replace. If this is for stage expansion, then you're not replacing Training Room, you're replacing STGCUSTOM which is at the bottom of the list. From there, download it, rename the file to match the ID of the stage you're using and replace the one in the module folder with it.
Thank you very much ^^

jackal27

Smash Journeyman
I'm also having problems with the 0C icon? It appears to be calling the Project M "X" icon over the top of it? It creates a static-y look that is hard to describe. Has anyone figured this out???

So I've used both BrawlBox and the Brawl stage manager but i can't seem to get the map select icon correct. Every time i try to replace it, this happens

Everything is fine except this and i'm not sure what to do. how do i fix this?

Edit: sorry about that, never mind. I figured it out. The format was CI8 instead of RGB5A3. I'll just leave it here just incase anyone else gets the same problem.
This post actually did it for me! Apparently that ONE icon has to be RGB5A3 for some reason?

Last edited:

FalconRPG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
F4LC0NPUNCH111
3DS FC
4141-2695-8953
Switch FC
SW-0822-1850-3326
I'm also having problems with the 0C icon? It appears to be calling the Project M "X" icon over the top of it? It creates a static-y look that is hard to describe. Has anyone figured this out???

This post actually did it for me! Apparently that ONE icon has to be RGB5A3 for some reason?
Been waiting for that for months.

jackal27

Smash Journeyman
Ok I have a new problem and it looks like several people have brought it up in this thread, but it has never been addressed.

I want to have random enable for all of my stages, but I'm using the 36 pack and random seems to not be working for the first 12 custom stages.

This is really disappointing as I filled that row with 10 of my favorite stages. When I load up my build into libertyernie libertyernie 's Brawl Stage Manager, it shows that custom stage 01-0C have red borders and will not be selected at random, but everything else will. Does anyone have a fix for this!?

Last edited:

britipinojeff

Smash Journeyman
Ok I have a new problem and it looks like several people have brought it up in this thread, but it has never been addressed.

I want to have random enable for all of my stages, but I'm using the 36 pack and random seems to not be working for the first 12 custom stages.

This is really disappointing as I filled that row with 10 of my favorite stages. When I load up my build into libertyernie libertyernie 's Brawl Stage Manager, it shows that custom stage 01-0C have red borders and will not be selected at random, but everything else will. Does anyone have a fix for this!?
I actually had this problem but for the 34 stage pack. For some reason it wasn't working on my wii at college and then when i went back home and played on my little brother's wii (with the same sd card) it worked for some reason. I think its possible that it has to do with save files maybe? In any case i would at least check to see if you forgot to delete the custom stages from Brawl or something.

squeakyboots13

Smash Journeyman
I think it has something to do with having stage builder stages enabled in the random stage select menu.

jackal27

Smash Journeyman
I think it has something to do with having stage builder stages enabled in the random stage select menu.
Hmmm. Now this sounds promising. I'll try turning that off.

I've already had all my stage builder stages deleted from the start.

Last edited:

jackal27

Smash Journeyman
Well, just thought I'd update and say that turning stage builder stages off definitely does not solve the problem :/

FalconRPG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
F4LC0NPUNCH111
3DS FC
4141-2695-8953
Switch FC
SW-0822-1850-3326
0C is definitely stubborn. >:/ Changing the code didn't work, so the best thing to do was use CMPR.

Protocol.Tin

Smash Cadet
So I managed to successfully get a stage into the build and figured I'd do another. I tried to select the second stage once I made it and it keeps crashing when I select it. I tried this maybe 3 or 4 times and decided to give up and put back the original .rel and .pac of the STGCUSTOMXX and such and now the game crashes the moment I get to Stage Select.

I dun goofed, but how do I fix this?

Spigel

Smash Cadet
I was able to fix the icon 0C problem, its simple, just open the selpmap.pac in brawlbox and go to:

MiscData[80]>AnmTexPat(NW4R)>MenSelmapIcon>iconM>texture0>MenSelmapIcon.43

When is selected, you will see in the right window three options, just rename the palette section from MenSelmapIcon.44 to MenSelmapIcon.43, and that should fix the problem.

Last edited:

FalconRPG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
F4LC0NPUNCH111
3DS FC
4141-2695-8953
Switch FC
SW-0822-1850-3326
I was able to fix the icon 0C problem, its simple, just open the selpmap.pac in brawlbox and go to:

MiscData[80]>AnmTexPat(NW4R)>MenSelmapIcon>iconM>texture0>MenSelmapIcon.43

When is selected, you will see in the right window three options, just rename the palette section from MenSelmapIcon.44 to MenSelmapIcon.43, and that should fix the problem.
That does NOTHING. It gives you the same icon in two places.

Protocol.Tin

Smash Cadet
Question. Want to change the music frequency in the "My Music" section, but it only lets me go on the first page because of the Stage Expansion. Any way to get around that? (Using the +12, by the way)

Jmanthesmasher683

Smash Journeyman
If you add stage pictures, you will need to resize your MenSelmapPrevbases so they're smaller! My Stage Manager can do them all at once for you (Tools -> Resize all prevbases).
If this is the case, does anyone have the sc_selmap.pac file with these prevbases resized? i use the 36-stage version btw. I can't use the stage manager on my mac.

libertyernie

Smash Ace
Question. Want to change the music frequency in the "My Music" section, but it only lets me go on the first page because of the Stage Expansion. Any way to get around that? (Using the +12, by the way)
This sounds like a bug with the MenSelmapPos_TopN__1 animation in sc_selmap_en in mu_menumain, although I haven't checked. Try going back to Project M's mu_menumain and see if the button comes back.

If this is the case, does anyone have the sc_selmap.pac file with these prevbases resized? i use the 36-stage version btw. I can't use the stage manager on my mac.
Can you use BrawlBox? If so, you can export the prevbases and resize them in an image editor, then replace them.

Last edited:

Jmanthesmasher683

Smash Journeyman
This sounds like a bug with the MenSelmapPos_TopN__1 animation in sc_selmap_en in mu_menumain, although I haven't checked. Try going back to Project M's mu_menumain and see if the button comes back.

Can you use BrawlBox? If so, you can export the prevbases and resize them in an image editor, then replace them.
But how do i do that? (I don't have photoshop either)

Popthekirby

Smash Cadet
I frequently use this when resizing images and such. It's basically a free online photoshop, but with a few features missing. It still gets the job done though.

Dekarus

Smash Rookie
Would you be willing to make a variation of this for the Project M CC, considering it is technically the latest version?

Top Bottom