• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Discussion

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
The Paper Mario stage is named "Paper Mario", because the stage switches between several locations from the Paper Mario series. It's not one specific location. So far we've seen the grassy area from Sticker Star, SS Flavion from Thousand Year Door and now we know that Bowser's Castle is one of the locations too. Same goes for 3D Land. Those stages are named after the games because they're based on the games themselves instead of being based on a specific location.

It's not like Gerudo Valley, Arena Ferox, Rainbow Road or Spirit Train that are directly based on actual locations and the name reflects that.
I understand this. Still, they could have called it "Paper Mario Tour" or something along those lines.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
The Paper Mario stage is named "Paper Mario", because the stage switches between several locations from the Paper Mario series. It's not one specific location. So far we've seen the grassy area from Sticker Star, SS Flavion from Thousand Year Door and now we know that Bowser's Castle is one of the locations too. Same goes for 3D Land. Those stages are named after the games because they're based on the games themselves instead of being based on a specific location.

It's not like Gerudo Valley, Arena Ferox, Rainbow Road or Spirit Train that are directly based on actual locations and the name reflects that.
Is that why the Mario Galaxy was called Mario Galaxy even though it clearly took place on a specific galaxy?

Fortanono

Smash Ace
Anyone else think that there's gonna be a Mount Wario stage? The platform could be the helicopter, and it could be a cruise stage like Rainbow Road. Wario balloons and gliding Shy Guys could be platforms.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Anyone else think that there's gonna be a Mount Wario stage? The platform could be the helicopter, and it could be a cruise stage like Rainbow Road. Wario balloons and gliding Shy Guys could be platforms.
That would be a pretty cool idea. The question is, would it represent the Mario series (since it originated in Mario Kart) or the Wario series?

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I imagine the Wario series since Waluigi is a part of that series apparently now too.
Oh, ok. It's just that Mario Kart tracks usually registered as Mario stages in the past. But it's till a neat idea, nonetheless.
In terms of Wario stages, I think it's time they finally give us a Wario Land stage.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
Oh, ok. It's just that Mario Kart tracks usually registered as Mario stages in the past. But it's till a neat idea, nonetheless.
In terms of Wario stages, I think it's time they finally give us a Wario Land stage.
I love that idea too. Maybe Wario Land on 3DS since they were handheld games, and Mount Wario on Wii U since it's from a console game.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I love that idea too. Maybe Wario Land on 3DS since they were handheld games, and Mount Wario on Wii U since it's from a console game.
Mount Wario would be awesome but I think it's too recent. Also it would still represent Mario Kart even though it has the name Wario in it. An updated Wario Ware stage would be OK imho.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Not sure if this'd be the right spot to say this, but last Friday's PotD looks like it's hinting to another Zelda stage on 3DS, Skyward Sword specifically. The song on the PotD is the Ballad of the Goddess/Girahim's theme. Why not a OoT/WW series song instead?

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Not sure if this'd be the right spot to say this, but last Friday's PotD looks like it's hinting to another Zelda stage on 3DS, Skyward Sword specifically. The song on the PotD is the Ballad of the Goddess/Girahim's theme. Why not a OoT/WW series song instead?
sakurai said that there would be some songs that dont go with any stage so dont be so sure

TheUltraDeino

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheUltraDeino
3DS FC
3866-8826-1729
Skyward sword already has a stage in the wii u version though. Unlike Pokemon, Zelda has many handheld main games they could pull out of, where as to pokemon, where the only thing they could pull out of for Wii U is spin-offs.

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
I really hope there's a Donkey Kong stage on the Wii U version, I'm getting a bit scared that there might not be. I need to hear dat Japes!

TheUltraDeino

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheUltraDeino
3DS FC
3866-8826-1729
I really hope there's a Donkey Kong stage on the Wii U version, I'm getting a bit scared that there might not be. I need to hear dat Japes!
There will be, just wait, since there isn't a dk stage for the 3ds makes it very possible that there will be a dk stage for wii u

johno1995

Smash Cadet
Super Mario:
Mario Galaxy
Mushroom Kingdom U
Bowser's Castle
Glitz Pit
Rainbow Cruise (Melee)

Donkey Kong:
Juicy Jungle
Gangplank Galleon

The Legend of Zelda:
Skyloft
Clock Tower
Pirate Ship (Brawl)

Pokemon:
Kalos Pokemon League
Castelia City
PokeFloats (Melee)

Kirby:
City Trial
Halberd (Brawl)
Fountain of Dreams (Melee)

Metroid:
Pyrosphere
Phaaze

Star Fox:
Great Fox
Venom (Melee)

F-Zero:
Aeropolis
Big Blue (Melee)

Earthbound:
Saturn Valley
Fourside (Melee)

Yoshi:
World 6
Yoshi's Island (Melee)

WarioWare:
9-Volt's Game Room
Club Sugar

Kid Icarus:
Palutena's Temple
Pandora's Labyrinth

Pikmin:
Garden of Hope

Fire Emblem:
Coliseum
Castle Siege (Brawl)

Game & Watch:
FlatZone (Melee)

Animal Crossing:
Town and City

Wii Fit:
Wii Fit Studio

Punch Out!!:
Boxing Ring

Xenoblade:
Gaur Plains

Sonic:
Windy Hill

Mega Man:
Dr. Wily's Castle

Pac Man:
Pac-Land

Other:
Battlefield
Final Destination
PilotWings
Nintendoland
Miiverse
Night Walk

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
What do you guys think this "Omega mode" for stages is? I saw it either on Sakurai's Miiverse post, or the leak of the gambling mode, but I forget which.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
What do you guys think this "Omega mode" for stages is? I saw it either on Sakurai's Miiverse post, or the leak of the gambling mode, but I forget which.
it was in the pic of spectator mode, anyway i think it just means final destination form

MasterLuigi

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2621-2835-8943
Yeah, "Omega Form" must be the Final Destination version since every stage is its Final Destination version in For Glory. Omega Form is just they call it instead of Final Destination form.

Jrodt333

Smash Rookie
I just realized something. There's new Kirby music, so shouldn't that mean that there's a new Kirby stage?

Casey_Contra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Casey_Contra
After watching this japanese Smash for 3DS overview, I'm completely sold on Final Destination mode. They show off a bunch of the stages and they look awesome!

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
After watching this japanese Smash for 3DS overview, I'm completely sold on Final Destination mode. They show off a bunch of the stages and they look awesome!

Corneria's FD form is interesting

TJ-Works

Smash Hero

We've also got more returning stages as well, with Yoshi's Island (Brawl), Distant Planet (Brawl) and Corneria (Melee) confirmed for 3DS. I'm guessing:

THIS is getting more credible every few days, so it's probably inevitable that this is the actual 3DS stage roster. What we haven't seen confirmed yet is;
  • New Mushroom Kingdom (Brawl)
  • F-Zero stage
  • WarioWare (Brawl)
  • ThatobnoxiouslypinkstageonthefarrightthateverybelievesisMagicantfromEarthbound.
  • Pictochat (Brawl)
  • Flat Zone (Brawl)

At least we still have the Wii U stage roster to speculate.

_Sheik

Smash Lord
I've seen people calling Gaur Plains "the new Rumble Falls", but to me it looked more like another huge stage like Palutena's Temple. Thoughts?

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I've seen people calling Gaur Plains "the new Rumble Falls", but to me it looked more like another huge stage like Palutena's Temple. Thoughts?
well i certainly didnt see anything to indicate it was scrolling upwards

Top Bottom