• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Discussion

Crawful

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4983-5238-2711
What come to mind for me are:
-Pictochat
-Fountain of Dreams
-Great Bay
-75m (Fix it so it's actually fun to play on :facepalm:)
-FOURSIDE
-Pirate Ship
-Pokefloats

Last edited:

Jaden

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jadenthemerle
3DS FC
2664-2123-0479
This thread needs more Temple.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
64:Saffron City, Dreamland, Kongo Jungle, Planet Zebes and Yoshi's Island(3DS only)

Melee:Hyrule Temple, Peach's Castle, Fountain of Dreams, Pokemon Stadium, Big Blue, Corniria and Jungle Japes(3DS only)

Brawl:Halbeard, Smashville, Delfino Plaza, Wario Ware, Castle Siege, Mario Circuit, Green Hill Zone(3DS only) and every variation of Battlefield and Final Destination all in HD

Hong

The Strongest
@ κomıc κomıc
I merged your thread on classic stages you would like to see, since we already had a lot of the same discussion going on here.

Thanks. ^~^

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
@ κomıc κomıc
I merged your thread on classic stages you would like to see, since we already had a lot of the same discussion going on here.

Thanks. ^~^
Thanks..? I didn't see the point because it was specifically talking about a subject and wasn't general. No tea no shade, but you might as well merge all discussions about competitive play together as well as other similar threads scattered across the forums.

I mean, if you want to be consistent with what you are saying.

Last edited:

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Thanks..? I didn't see the point because it was specifically talking about a subject and wasn't general. No tea no shade, but you might as well merge all discussions about competitive play together as well as other similar threads scattered across the forums.

I mean, if you want to be consistent with what you are saying.
From the OP of the Stage Discussion thread

Please limit stage discussion to this thread. Feel free to post speculations on which stages will be brought back and potential new battlegrounds!
I believe that's clear enough mon amie~

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
From the OP of the Stage Discussion thread

I believe that's clear enough mon amie~
That's fine and all, but it doesn't make sense how one can say they are trying to prevent duplicate threads when I see them all around. And this conveniently happens right after a private conversation with the bloke on another subject matter.

@#HBC | Red Ryu Would have moved it if that were really the case.

But whatever. The discussion is going to get drowned out with something else and I feel bad for those who wanted to discuss this particular idea dedicated to one spot.

Thanks love.

Last edited:

Neo Zero

That's fine and all, but it doesn't make sense how one can say they are trying to prevent duplicate threads when I see them all around. And this conveniently happens right after a private conversation with the bloke on another subject matter.

@#HBC | Red Ryu Would have moved it if that were really the case.

But whatever. The discussion is going to get drowned out with something else and I feel bad for those who wanted to discuss this particular idea dedicated to one spot.

Thanks love.
For what it's worth, I loved your post when I saw it, so much passion put into it : ). (Plus I always approve of wanting Saffron City back)

Hong

The Strongest
And this conveniently happens right after a private conversation with the bloke on another subject matter.
Generally during some hours, you'll only get a few of us who handle all the reports and general moderation for that time of day. I'm not out to get anyone in particular, though it just makes it all the more likely that you'll have to see my mug twice in succession.

Metroid-X

Smash Rookie
Not sure if anyone else thought of this possibility but, what if the Heavy Lobster is a boss hazard on the halberd?

D

Deleted member

Not sure if anyone else thought of this possibility but, what if the Heavy Lobster is a boss hazard on the halberd?
I don't think that will happen. Heavy Lobster was not on the original stage, and changes to hazards on past stages are mainly just tweaking damage values.

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
I'll be REALLY pissed off if Green Hill lands on the 3DS only as a returning stage :c Especially if it doesn't get either Open Your Heart or Live And Learn as the second song. Green Hill's originally from a home console game, too, so it wouldn't make sense, but with Pac-Maze on the 3DS only, nothing makes sense anymore.

BTW! The Super Smash Bros. for WiiU/3DS Stage Contest has started the Sonic round, for anyone who wants to correct the non-PlanetwisporCityEscapeorRooftopRun representation abomination that is Windy Hill, you can do your best here!

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I'm really looking forward to what the Donkey Kong Wii U stage is going to be based on. I don't care if it's from the DKC games by Rare or if its from DKCR or Tropical Freeze, nearly every level in that series is absolutely gorgeous to look at. Imagine all of that in HD Smash glory, and you'll know what I'm talking about.

I just want the lack of info on DK-related stuff (at least regarding stages) to end.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
I'm really looking forward to what the Donkey Kong Wii U stage is going to be based on. I don't care if it's from the DKC games by Rare or if its from DKCR or Tropical Freeze, nearly every level in that series is absolutely gorgeous to look at. Imagine all of that in HD Smash glory, and you'll know what I'm talking about.

I just want the lack of info on DK-related stuff (at least regarding stages) to end.
I'm just hoping the lack of new DK content is mounting up to a trailer for a DK newcomer, that'll also reveal a new DK stage.

Whether it be King K. Rool or Dixie Kong, the lack of DK love is irritating.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
I'll be REALLY pissed off if Green Hill lands on the 3DS only as a returning stage :c Especially if it doesn't get either Open Your Heart or Live And Learn as the second song. Green Hill's originally from a home console game, too, so it wouldn't make sense, but with Pac-Maze on the 3DS only, nothing makes sense anymore.

BTW! The Super Smash Bros. for WiiU/3DS Stage Contest has started the Sonic round, for anyone who wants to correct the non-PlanetwisporCityEscapeorRooftopRun representation abomination that is Windy Hill, you can do your best here!
Green Hill needs a new stage set atop the shuttle loop and with some other gimmicks thrown in that actually reference the source material.

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Green Hill needs a new stage set atop the shuttle loop and with some other gimmicks thrown in that actually reference the source material.
You mean, like the downward slope? Or the collapsing floor from all 3 levels of Green Hill?

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
I always thought that the GHZ stage should have boost pads that occasionally appear on the ground, which would jet characters forward if they walk/run over them. This would provide smart players with an opportunity to increase their speed, but if not careful, one would be able to accidentally suicide right off the side of the screen.

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
If Jungle Japes is going to be the only DK stage for the 3DS version, I will be extremely disappointed.

PlayfulMushroom

Smash Apprentice
I think it's weird that they have revealed 24 3DS stages and 19 Wii U stages... Are the 3DS version going to have more stages?

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
I think it's weird that they have revealed 24 3DS stages and 19 Wii U stages... Are the 3DS version going to have more stages?
More so they want to focus more on revealing 3DS content in anticipation of its release, as we still know little about exclusive content the Wii U version will have.

Last edited:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom

I was miffed that we didn't get Pac Maze on Wii U. If we can get wily's castle on both versions, this is inexcusable.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
From the most recent Famitsu scans, there's a screenshot of another location in the Paper Mario stage; what looks to be an incarnation of Bowser's castle!

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
From the most recent Famitsu scans, there's a screenshot of another location in the Paper Mario stage; what looks to be an incarnation of Bowser's castle!

Just for more accuracy, the official name is "Paper Mario" (don't ask why because I'm trying to know myself).

And the location is from sticker star btw.

Just for more accuracy, the official name is "Paper Mario" (don't ask why because I'm trying to know myself).
Ah, such lazy naming convention. I can understand the business side of things, though. Title-drops like a stage just called "Paper Mario" will raise inquiry into that exact phrase.

Still, I miss the thoughtful names like "Infinite Glacier - Icicle Mountain". A whole location and superlocation were given names just for Smash.

Last edited:

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
Sakurai's/Nintendo's name convention this time reminds me of those "I asked my girlfriend to name the characters" stories. You know, where Link is named "Zelda", Pikachu is "Pokémon", and Samus is "Metroid".

It comes off as Sakurai being ignorant of the locations themselves. Like they don't actually know what to call the stages so they just named them after the games they pulled them from.

I loved Melee's superlocation convention and have always wanted it to return.

TheUltraDeino

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheUltraDeino
3DS FC
3866-8826-1729
Sakurai's/Nintendo's name convention this time reminds me of those "I asked my girlfriend to name the characters" stories. You know, where Link is named "Zelda", Pikachu is "Pokémon", and Samus is "Metroid".

It comes off as Sakurai being ignorant of the locations themselves. Like they don't actually know what to call the stages so they just named them after the games they pulled them from.

I guess they just want to make it easier to people who want to find the origins of a stage? Completely agree with you though.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

And the location is from sticker star btw.

The Paper Mario stage is named "Paper Mario", because the stage switches between several locations from the Paper Mario series. It's not one specific location. So far we've seen the grassy area from Sticker Star, SS Flavion from Thousand Year Door and now we know that Bowser's Castle is one of the locations too. Same goes for 3D Land. Those stages are named after the games because they're based on the games themselves instead of being based on a specific location.

It's not like Gerudo Valley, Arena Ferox, Rainbow Road or Spirit Train that are directly based on actual locations and the name reflects that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom