• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Discussion

Weeman

Smash Crusader
How about a stage based on the subspace emissary? Specifically on the subspace itself, it could even go as far as having Tabuu as a boss hazard.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
So Pacman has both a Wii U and 3DS stage. Should we expect to see a 3DS Sonic and Mega Man stage?

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
So Pacman has both a Wii U and 3DS stage. Should we expect to see a 3DS Sonic and Mega Man stage?
I would say so maybe a mega man one based on one of the GBA ones and sonic one based on any handheld sonic game.

Last edited:
Is that a new Yoshi stage on the right?

If it's part of a stage that's already been revealed, my memory is faltering.

Edit - Or it could be a phase of the Kamek stage. Those background pillars are iconic of both Mario World and Yoshi games, so who knows.

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Is that a new Yoshi stage on the right?

If it's part of a stage that's already been revealed, my memory is faltering.

Edit - Or it could be a phase of the Kamek stage. Those background pillars are iconic of both Mario World and Yoshi games, so who knows.
it's a transition of the mario bros U stage, I think. If you watch gameplay of it it has a bunch of transitions not shown in the update.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Really looking forward for the Donkey Kong stage, hopefully it will be first one to not suck completely. My dream is a DK stage based on the Hornet Hole stage in Donkey Kong Country 2, but realistic speaking, I am hoping for one based on Tropical Freeze, which would be nice too.

Reila

I wonder what the 3DS metroid stage will be

I hope they decide to keep pulling from the prime series.
But then it would have to a Prime Hunters stage and that would be terrible. A stage coming from Zero Mission/Fusion would be better.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
But then it would have to a Prime Hunters stage and that would be terrible. A stage coming from Zero Mission/Fusion would be better.
Not necessarily. Not only is that game much older, but Kid Icarus has a Wii U stage, ect. They don't necessarily have to pull stuff from a mobile game. I feel like once it's like 10 years old it's not really gonna be the most memorable thing.

If anything from mobile it'll be a 2D game like @ Miffa Miffa said, which is why I'm hoping for something like (insert any area from prime 1) instead

Reila

Not necessarily. Not only is that game much older, but Kid Icarus has a Wii U stage, ect. They don't necessarily have to pull stuff from a mobile game. I feel like once it's like 10 years old it's not really gonna be the most memorable thing.

If anything from mobile it'll be a 2D game like @ Miffa Miffa said, which is why I'm hoping for something like (insert any area from prime 1) instead
But there is a home console Kid Icarus game for the NES. Also, didn't they say the Wii U version would get stages from home console games and the 3DS version, from portable games? Don't get me wrong, I would love a Prime 2/3 stage for the 3DS version, because not only I adore the Prime series, but Frigate Orpheon is my favorite Metroid stage in Smash also. I just don't think it will happen. If it happens, though, I hope the stage is from Prime 2 (Sanctuary Fortress?) or Prime 3, which are as good as the first one imo and there is a stage from Prime 1 in Brawl already.

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
But there is a home console Kid Icarus game for the NES. Also, didn't they say the Wii U version would get stages from home console games and the 3DS version, from portable games?

Don't get me wrong, I would love a Prime/2/3 stage for the 3DS version, because not only I adore the Prime series, but Frigate Orpheon is my favorite Metroid stage in Smash also. I just don't think it will happen. If it happens, though, I hope the stage is from Prime 2 (Sanctuary Fortress?) or Prime 3, which are as good as the first one imo and there is a stage from Prime 1 in Brawl already.
They did say that as a general rule, but I don't think it's strict. Stuff like melee stages in the 3ds version and kalos league in the wii U break that.

I'm not saying I think it's incredibly likely, and I think our taste in awesome stages from the prime series is very similar. All I'm saying is there is a precedent, so it's possible.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
What's with your hate towards Prime Hunters!? It was great.

Reila

What's with your hate towards Prime Hunters!? It was great.
I dislike it because it is not a Metroid game. They just used the name of the series to sell the game. It has literally nothing of what makes the traditional Metroid games and the Prime series such great and memorable experiences. Plus, the controls are terrible. And the music also. I have no reason to like that game, even Other M wasn't that bad (at least the gameplay and graphics/visual in Other M were decent).

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
If this is going to devolve into an argument about which Metroid game is better, I better warn right now this is not the place to do that.

Scoob

Smash Apprentice
I dunno if this has been mentioned, but the song that plays on the Colosseum stage in the demo is called The Devoted. It's pulled straight from Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn I think. It's a great song, which makes my hopes for the a great soundtrack seem quite likely.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Really looking forward for the Donkey Kong stage, hopefully it will be first one to not suck completely. My dream is a DK stage based on the Hornet Hole stage in Donkey Kong Country 2, but realistic speaking, I am hoping for one based on Tropical Freeze, which would be nice too.
I think your best bet is a DKC Returns stage, in following with what we have so far its likely going to be from the biggest game since brawl. I think many are expecting a few stages from much older games, while that is possible, as of right now there seems to be a focus on modern and stages from recent games like brawl had for most of its.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I dunno if this has been mentioned, but the song that plays on the Colosseum stage in the demo is called The Devoted. It's pulled straight from Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn I think. It's a great song, which makes my hopes for the a great soundtrack seem quite likely.
You're right. "The Devoted" track is taken directly from Radiant Dawn.

The My Music feature returns for the Wii U version, so expect a soundtrack as huge as Brawl's, if not bigger. 3DS stages only get two songs each, like some stages in Melee, but it's understandable why they did it like that.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
You're right. "The Devoted" track is taken directly from Radiant Dawn.

The My Music feature returns for the Wii U version, so expect a soundtrack as huge as Brawl's, if not bigger. 3DS stages only get two songs each, like some stages in Melee, but it's understandable why they did it like that.
This gives me hope for Paper Mario music. "We believe in you Mario" anyone?

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but this track is one of the songs on Arena Ferox. That's the only track I liked from that game, so I'm quite pleased with that.
:/ "Don't Speak Her Name" or "Destiny ~Ablaze~"...NAAAAH! Let's use the most boring, bland Final Boss Battle theme ever! Seriously, Id Purpose has to be the only track I DON'T like from FE: Awakening, I mean, it's not bad, but it just feels kinda lame when you compare it to DSHN.

Also, I think we should be able to switch between the different games' FDs. Melee's was the place for the Giga Bowser Battle, which has become a staple of the series, and Brawl's FD goes through the place where the Island of the Ancients used to be, they both have sort of a canonical importance,

Last edited:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
For third party 3DS stages I'm expecting a gameboy Mega Man level instead of a GBA game level.

Sonic... something from Sonic Advance?

Top Bottom