• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Discussion

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
And...people, what would you choose for a Professor Layton stage?
Well if Layton were to make it playable. I could see one of these areas from that series making in.
St. Mystere (probably working similarly to Delfino Plaza and Skyloft), the Molentary Express, Gressenheller Univirsity or the Airship Bostonius.

SuperNintendoDisney

Smash Journeyman
Bowser's Castle
Airship Fortress
Star Road
Ganon's Tower
Gangplank Galleon
Tourian
Milky Way Wishes

These are my stage hopefuls for Super Smash Bros. 4

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
Sakurai needs to add Bowser's Castle! We've gone too long without being able to play on Bowser's Castle. I would also be fine with Bowser Land, though.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Well if Layton were to make it playable. I could see one of these areas from that series making in.
St. Mystere (probably working similarly to Delfino Plaza and Skyloft), the Molentary Express, Gressenheller Univirsity or the Airship Bostonius.
Airship Bostonius...I seriously need Azran Legacies...WHY DON'T THEY RELEASE IT ON AMERICA ALREADY!? Although I would pick between St. Mystere and Future London. Monte D' Or was pretty memorable as a location, too, and it has potential for some interesting hazards.

9Volt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Star_Fox_Team
A really cool stage would be:

For Toon Link, the spotlight could add a nice touch and monsters could watch the battle from background.

TheUltraDeino

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheUltraDeino
3DS FC
3866-8826-1729
I dunno about you guys, but I kinda want to see Brinstar Depths returning, but to spice things up, it has the gravity gimmick of the Mario Galaxy stage.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
A really cool stage would be:

For Toon Link, the spotlight could add a nice touch and monsters could watch the battle from background.
This would be awesome. It would be neat if when you got hit by the spotlight, a monster runs across the stage like in Bridge of Eldin.

YT123

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Olaf551
3DS FC
5069-4175-0996
My suggestions:
- Realgam Tower (from Pokémon Colosseum / XD)
- Prison Island (Xenoblade Chronicles)
- The Stage (Paper Mario TTYD)
- Sword Fighting Platform (Wii Sports Resort)
- Lumiose Tower (Pokémon X/Y)

TheUltraDeino

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheUltraDeino
3DS FC
3866-8826-1729
What if there's a "NES Medley" stage, where you fight in a bunch of NES environments, like have a SMB3 environment, a Metroid environment, a Legend of Zelda environment, a Mother environment, ice climbers, duck hunt, excite bike, Kid Icarus, etc.

It could be the home stage of ROB

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
I had an idea for a Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon stage. It would be called 'Evershade Valley', so it wouldn't be any specific mansion.

I was disappointed with the Luigi's Mansion stage in Brawl... (why was it so tiny? why could you destroy it? why was there only one track from the actual game?)
So here is my approach to a more suitable stage from the series:
You fight on the roof of a mansion in the valley. The dark moon floats at the top of the stage.
Various ghosts from Luigi's Mansion float around, minding their own business. If the dark moon is damaged enough via attacking, it will break into pieces, and the ghosts will grow angry.
When the ghosts are angry, the will start causing a ruckus. They turn invisible and start carrying around furniture, such as chairs and table, that can be used as platforms - though the movement pattern of these floating objects are unpredictable. Occasionally a ghost will become visible and attack a random player.
After a couple of minutes of this madness, the Dark Moon mysteriously reappears, and peace is returned to Evershade Valley.

(Also, any chance that stages could get their own section on the website, so that each stage idea could have a topic?)

9Volt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Star_Fox_Team
I had an idea for a Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon stage. It would be called 'Evershade Valley', so it wouldn't be any specific mansion.

I was disappointed with the Luigi's Mansion stage in Brawl... (why was it so tiny? why could you destroy it? why was there only one track from the actual game?)
So here is my approach to a more suitable stage from the series:
You fight on the roof of a mansion in the valley. The dark moon floats at the top of the stage.
Various ghosts from Luigi's Mansion float around, minding their own business. If the dark moon is damaged enough via attacking, it will break into pieces, and the ghosts will grow angry.
When the ghosts are angry, the will start causing a ruckus. They turn invisible and start carrying around furniture, such as chairs and table, that can be used as platforms - though the movement pattern of these floating objects are unpredictable. Occasionally a ghost will become visible and attack a random player.
After a couple of minutes of this madness, the Dark Moon mysteriously reappears, and peace is returned to Evershade Valley.

(Also, any chance that stages could get their own section on the website, so that each stage idea could have a topic?)
This Ideia is really cool, and honors the game really well.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm still confused as to why Bowser's Castle hasn't happened yet. Seems like such an obvious choice. Also Phendrana Drifts would be cool stage to have show up too. A Metroid Fusion or a Metroid Prime Hunters Stage would be nice for the 3DS version. Not too sure on what would be used for a second Zelda stage. Perhaps something new from Wind Waker, given the recent HD remake. I'd like to see something from the Advance Wars series get a stage too.

I suppose if Metal Gear were to get a new stage like Sonic did, it should be something from the Snake Eater remake. We know that Megaman gets the Wily Castle Stage for his series on the Wii-U version. But would he get something different on the 3DS? Maybe the Museum from Megaman and Bass. That would be cool

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I know that we already have a Mario Galaxy stage, but I feel that the Comet Observatory needs some attention too...

The stage could operate like the 3DS Rainbow Road stage in that you're on a moving platform that'll take you to different parts of the observatory. During the process, the platform may stop, and fighters will fight on the observatory grounds itself for a while.

There are no stage hazards, but Lumas will make plenty of cameos, along with Polari.

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
No. Pokemon Stadium 2 was a waste of a stage as it is, we don't need a 3rd one. ESPECIALLY as a shared stage.
Besides Kirby Air Ride, my most wanted game that will probably never happen is a Pokemon Stadium 3. You know, with rentals, mini-games, and all of that awesome stuff from PS2 but better and updated for the many new gens since then. I imagine any similar games in the future would be like Battle Revolution though, since they want you to invest in training pokemon in the actual game rather than just having way more fun with rentals. :p

POINT BEING, I'd be pretty upset if Smash 4 had a pokemon stadium 3 stage without there actually ever being a pokemon stadium 3. If anything, it'd be a similar theme to the previous pokemon stadium stages, but it would be more unique and/or take place in the context of an actual, specific pokemon game.

Arteen

Smash Lord
Technically, there was a Pokemon Stadium 3.

The first Pokemon Stadium was only released in Japan and had an incomplete roster. Our Pokemon Stadium was Japan's Pokemon Stadium 2, and our Pokemon Stadium 2 was the third game in the series for Japan.

I'd fancy a Wrecking Crew stage. Surely, it would succeed Luigi's Mansion as "the destructible stage," and its music would be a nice arrangement of this!

For the 3DS version, a Balloon Kid stage such as Pencilvania would be nice as well. A scrolling stage where your platforms come and go, a bit like Poké Floats or Rainbow Cruise. Music would be an arrangement of this adorable tune.

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Pokemon Stadium should be replaced by Poketopia's Gateway Colosseum, that place is very pretty.

Egg.

Smash Journeyman
This person had a pretty good idea that I think would represent the Yoshi series well.

The stage could even follow the tradition of past stages by having items/food floating on the balloons that normally carry eggs. It may work better though if the stage resets after a certain amount of time so that you aren't running around on three tiny platforms for most of the fight.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
How about a Luigi's Mansion 2/Dark Moon Stage for the 3DS where every time the mansion gets destroyed it rebuilds itself as a different mansion and of course poketopia from pokemon: battle revolution maybe that could be lucario's home stage since it was from 4th gen

9Volt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Star_Fox_Team
A really cool ideia for a Star Fox Stage for 3DS:

Players fight on a giant Tank basead on this stage. Camera stay on the side (like Corneria on melee) and the Tank fight with the aliens like nothing is happening. The boss on this stage could be a hazard or the arwings.

D

Deleted member

I've just thought about a better X & Y stage idea than obvious Lumiose City :

You fight at the summit of it during sunset, just like during the special fight with pretty Korrina.

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
I've just thought about a better X & Y stage idea than obvious Lumiose City :

You fight at the summit of it during sunset, just like during the special fight with pretty Korrina.
That would be a cool idea if Lumiose City wasn't better.

Egg.

Smash Journeyman
For anyone who doesn't follow Miiverse:

The first thing that comes to mind is that this is clearly inspired by the style of Kid Icarus: Uprising, though people have mentioned that in the chapter of the game that it appears, everything looks much more dark and gloomy. Maybe the stage cycles through different phases? Or he just made it brighter to fit in with the brighter atmosphere of SSB4?

And does this mean that stages based on 3DS games now have the potential to be on the Wii U? Of course, Sakurai may be able to technically get away with putting a Kid Icarus stage on the console because of Kid Icarus NES's existence. Thoughts?

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Pokemon Stadium should be replaced by Poketopia's Gateway Colosseum, that place is very pretty.
Getting a stage from Battle Revolutions is about as likely as getting a stage from Colosseum or XD was during Brawl's development.

In other words: not likely. Prepare for Pokemon Stadium 3.

Not that I disagree that a PBR stage would be bad....though Relgam Tower or Mt. Battle would be cooler. :p

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero

The first thing that comes to mind is that this is clearly inspired by the style of Kid Icarus: Uprising, though people have mentioned that in the chapter of the game that it appears, everything looks much more dark and gloomy. Maybe the stage cycles through different phases? Or he just made it brighter to fit in with the brighter atmosphere of SSB4?

And does this mean that stages based on 3DS games now have the potential to be on the Wii U? Of course, Sakurai may be able to technically get away with putting a Kid Icarus stage on the console because of Kid Icarus NES's existence. Thoughts?
It's probably based on the NES game with Uprising's art style.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord

It's probably based on the NES game with Uprising's art style.
It’s based on the final level from Kid Icarus called Palace in the Sky since it was a console game. It does however have the statue and stadium from Uprising’s Palutena Temple since it’s the closest thing to a modern interpretation of that area. Also, the Palutena Temple is an expansion of the original Sky Palance since both places served as the home of Palutena and the Centurions in both games.
Credit goes to takamaru64 on my nintendo news

Last edited:

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
I demand Kid Icarus: Uprising HD just so we can get Kid Icarus Uprising stages on Wii U.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Gloomy Manor

The Gloomy Manor is a mansion from the 3DS title, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon. It would be a 3DS-exclusive stage, where players simply battle around the mansion grounds. During the match, however, Greenies may pop up to try to annoy the fighters.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
Gloomy Manor

The Gloomy Manor is a mansion from the 3DS title, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon. It would be a 3DS-exclusive stage, where players simply battle around the mansion grounds. During the match, however, Greenies may pop up to try to annoy the fighters.
How about when the mansion breaks apart it gets rebuilt as one of the others

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
What if there's a "NES Medley" stage, where you fight in a bunch of NES environments, like have a SMB3 environment, a Metroid environment, a Legend of Zelda environment, a Mother environment, ice climbers, duck hunt, excite bike, Kid Icarus, etc.

It could be the home stage of ROB
This. This needs to be made.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I decided to make a list with pictures of Wii U and 3DS stages I would personally like to see;

Wii U

Super Mario Bros.

Mario Party
A stage that incorporates mini-games and moves along a game-like board.
Mario Party 9

Acorn Plains
A traveling stage.
Super Mario Bros. U

Legend of Zelda

Palace of Twilight
A stationary stage that shifts in colors and has baddies.
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Windfall Island
A tour type stage that goes around Windfall Island.
Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD

Metroid

Phaaze
A Metroid stage that is poisonous...not fiery.
Metroid Prime 3

Donkey Kong

Sunset Shore
A traveling stage which an interesting style.
Donkey Kong Country Returns

Smomad Ship
Stationary level of the ship.
Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze

Pokemon

Prism Tower
A tour-type stage that takes the level up to the top of the tower.
Pokemon X and Y

Pokemon Stadium 3
Stadium stage that has: Dragon, Psychic, Ghost, and Bug.
Pokemon

More to come!

Top Bottom