• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Discussion #7: Halberd

Spoonbob

Smash Ace
You made the title Delfino Plaza.

About Halberd, I just don't like this stage at all. The fact that you can go through the bottom of the stage is nice, but otherwise it's kind of neh for me.

PND

Smash Champion
The blastzones are too small. And the claw is racist (ALWAYS goes for me. Always. As in, in my entire Brawl career the claw has gone for my opponent 4 times, and my teammate in doubles around 5. I count, because I'm sitting at over 70, and I have no idea what I do to make it go for me)

Anyway, back on topic: I love the ship deck portion of it for gimping. However the ceiling in that portion is much too low. The main portion of the level can be sharked (planking with poking uairs) but the platform layout doesn't do anything amazing for her and aids the opponent's platform camping.

4/10

RhedKing

Smash Journeyman
I have lots of fun with the laser and bomb, but the claw always picks on me.

halberd is a bad delfino plaza and pictochat combined.

pictochat just loves jigglypuffs, and delfino is much more reliable.

4/10

the best teammate for jiggs is pictochat, that guy is so awesome

PND

Smash Champion
Wow, your mention of the bomb reminded me of the best thing to ever happen in a tourney. (Non Jiggz related)

I'm Snake. I kill my opponent (ROB) bringing him to his last stock. I'm still at 2 at a moderate percent. While he's dying (upwards) I run to the deck portion, fully charge a mine on the bottom and plant a C4 on the platform on top. He spawns, drops, lasers. I shield, and toss a cooked grenade. He catches it, so I toss another at him. He shields. The momentum from the nade was enough to push him into the mine, I detonate my C4 at the same time. He's now been double naded, c4ed, and mined. Suffice to say, his shield was quite broken. The level shoots a cannonball, I start charging my Fsmash. Cannonball into Fsmash 0-Death combo. It was ****ing glorious.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Wow, your mention of the bomb reminded me of the best thing to ever happen in a tourney. (Non Jiggz related)

I'm Snake. I kill my opponent (ROB) bringing him to his last stock. I'm still at 2 at a moderate percent. While he's dying (upwards) I run to the deck portion, fully charge a mine on the bottom and plant a C4 on the platform on top. He spawns, drops, lasers. I shield, and toss a cooked grenade. He catches it, so I toss another at him. He shields. The momentum from the nade was enough to push him into the mine, I detonate my C4 at the same time. He's now been double naded, c4ed, and mined. Suffice to say, his shield was quite broken. The level shoots a cannonball, I start charging my Fsmash. Cannonball into Fsmash 0-Death combo. It was ****ing glorious.
That is probably the greatest thing mankind has ever seen. Insane. But although the platform layout kind of help Jigglypuff with the long platform really helping her platform pressure game, the vertical blast zone is too small to make it ever useful to Jigglypuff.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
i kinda like halberd, the first part for obvious reasons, but i don't mind the second part that much great for enviormental mind games. this alos may be because people i play generally don't like the stage.

5/5

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
The blastzones are way too small. Expect snake to bring you here after you ban corneria. Platform camping can be something of a problem here. Going under the stage is ok, but much less helpful here, since your opponent will just jump onto the upper platform if they see that coming. Overall not a stage I'd like to play on as jiggs.

3.5/10

rinoH

Smash Lord
i give it a 5/10 its great for sharking though but the blast zones are just way to small

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
4.5/10

It's not counterpick worthy, but it is ok to use. I find it pretty annoying once you take off and land on the Halberd, because of the projectiles and stuff. The thing that a lot of players use to their advantage is a grab release into a lazer or the claw. I really don't know what else to say.

Take advantage of the begining of the match, and knock them off the platform onto the track. Slow characters and those with poor recoveries are easier to kill this way.

RhedKing

Smash Journeyman

My god that's so much **** I'm surprised that your snake didn't implode from so much manliness.

One more cool thing and it could have happened, and that means you would have won the match as a jigglypuff.

and yes, that does mean that jigglypuffs are actually the neutron stars of manliness.

which is why they can touch the steak (as seen on alex's avatar)

Noobicidal

Smash Master
and yes, that does mean that jigglypuffs are actually the neutron stars of manliness.

"Her" Majesty isn't manly.

Anyway, I'm not too fond of Halberd. In general, I dislike stages with random elements (Pokemon Stadium and the like are exempt from this, they aren't random per-se). I do however like the aerial platform for sharking shenanigans and irritating opponents in general.

4/10, 5/10 if Halberd didn't have the friggin' pause camera issues.

Delmore

Smash Rookie
When the stage is floating it can be pretty enjoyable, it isn't too bad when it's the second part, aside from not being to jump underneath the stage. I kind of enjoy the idea of that since it mixes up who has an advantage on the stage for a little bit. All the random events are generally easy to avoid anyways, and the laser which locks on can be used effectively against other people if it happens to go for you. I personally don't have much of a problem with it, but I am sure others do for the obvious reasons, such as random events, which can make a match feel unbalanced, since things get in the way of fighting.

RhedKing

Smash Journeyman

"Her" Majesty isn't manly.

Anyway, I'm not too fond of Halberd. In general, I dislike stages with random elements (Pokemon Stadium and the like are exempt from this, they aren't random per-se). I do however like the aerial platform for sharking shenanigans and irritating opponents in general.

4/10, 5/10 if Halberd didn't have the friggin' pause camera issues.
don't you know manliness collapses into feminism? :laugh:

it's like how suns can become black holes, two very opposite things.

Metatitan

Smash Master
3.5/10. The moving part is okay but delfino is better when moving. We can shark but the platform on top forces us to do that since we dont have many other options. **** the claw and lazar. That part would be a 1/10 with me cuz it always goes for me and that area just isnt good.

Top Bottom