• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Ban Quick Reference

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
He doesn't really have one set "best" stage. If you had to say something, it'd probably be Halberd.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Halberd and Delfino are the general consensus for Olimar's "best stage". However, Olimar with stages is completely matchup dependent. More than you would think.

Latch

Smash Apprentice
I'm not sure about Halberd being better than Delfino anymore... its main advantage (easy recovery to stage) only applies when you are not on the deck, and that is a large part of the time you are on the stage. On Delfino, you are probably on transformations with that advantage more % of the time than you are on Halberd, since the only transformations that are a pain to recover onto are the sandy islands and the grassy islands. The others are either walkoffs or you can recover up through them. In this respect, Delfino > Halberd.

On the terrain front, Halberd has Metal on the starting stage (good) and Basic on the deck (okay), versus Delfino has Grate on the starting stage (more purples than Metal) and the other transformations are mostly Basic (okay), with a little Water (no reds = no filtering), and some Cloth (don't pluck on the umbrellas... more reds = bad). In this case, if you pay attention to where you pluck, then Delfino > Halberd.

In what ways is Halberd superior to Delfino? Am I missing them?

Noa.

Smash Master
Halberd has a lower ceiling, meaning upsmash can kill earlier on that stage than on Delfino.

Also the deck part of Halberd is very big and wide, and I know I personally prefer bigger stages.

They're both wonderful stages but I do prefer Halberd.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Yeah, the lower ceiling is a huge advantage, considering Olimar usmash and uthrows are probably his two best kill moves. The metal floating section giving extra purples, as well as the platform on the deck, is also amazing. Huge size gives lots of room to camp, hazards are good to assist your zoning. That said, I have a personal preference for Delfino, but Halberd definitely contends with it for our two best stages.

Latch

Smash Apprentice
How much of a lower ceiling is it? Are there pictures of the whole stages including blast zones somewhere?

Latch

Smash Apprentice
I checked that page, but there weren't any size specifications except for battlefield, FD, lylat, and smashville. What? The BBR not finishing a research project? No way!

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
EDIT: NVM, I'm dumb. Thought that the Smash Lab was doing this project.

Dnyce

Smash Master
I'll look at halberd when I get off work. I know the top blast zone on ps1 doesn't even make a difference

Top Bottom