• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Analysis & Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Aside from capsule explosion fruit, Tortimer Island also spawns Bee Hives.

Flying Man becomes allied by standing near him as well as hitting him.

Unbounded

Smash Cadet
Aside from capsule explosion fruit, Tortimer Island also spawns Bee Hives.

Flying Man becomes allied by standing near him as well as hitting him.
Also worth noting that Flying man doesn't respawn if killed for the fifth time.

Last edited:

Davis-Lightheart

Smash Journeyman
Still though, it's concerning that such a nuisance is a present hazard for so long and there is no guarantee of consistent quick kills with your opponent hounding you too.

The questions I think need to be asked are: 1. Who is best equipped for reaching Flying Man consistently ?

2. Who can make the best use of his presence to trap and bait their opponent?

3. When he dies, who is good at holding the fort until he gets back?

The character who really concerns me with that aspect is Rosalina. Should she manage to get to Flying Man, her opponent now must deal with him, Luma, and herself. The amount of control she could have with the stage scares me.

Last edited:

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I need people to help me figure out why Reset Bomb Forest sometimes spawns the destructible terrain and the stage hazard at the bottom and why it sometimes does not.

Piford

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperZelda
Reset Bomb Forrest always has destructible terrain on the second transformation. The hazard on the bottom is on a 9 second time, does 12% damage, and has little knock back. It requires opponents to be around 180% for it to even come close to killing (maybe kill jigglepuff). It's slow moving and easy to avoid random mishaps, but can be utilized by the player if they're smart.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Reset Bomb Forrest always has destructible terrain on the second transformation. The hazard on the bottom is on a 9 second time, does 12% damage, and has little knock back. It requires opponents to be around 180% for it to even come close to killing (maybe kill jigglepuff). It's slow moving and easy to avoid random mishaps, but can be utilized by the player if they're smart.
I know the timers and the hazard. I was the one who first recorded it, but I promise you it does not always spawn the terrain and hazard. I counter picked it in tournament yesterday and the hazards weren't there, so I thought that maybe it was on local wireless, but then it happened again online today.

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
Still though, it's concerning that such a nuisance is a present hazard for so long and there is no guarantee of consistent quick kills with your opponent hounding you too.

The questions I think need to be asked are: 1. Who is best equipped for reaching Flying Man consistently ?

2. Who can make the best use of his presence to trap and bait their opponent?

3. When he dies, who is good at holding the fort until he gets back?

The character who really concerns me with that aspect is Rosalina. Should she manage to get to Flying Man, her opponent now must deal with him, Luma, and herself. The amount of control she could have with the stage scares me.
This made me think of something, and after a quick test in training mode I can confirm that Rosalina herself must touch Flying Man, Luma doesn't count.

Although you bring up a good point. If Magicant ends up being allowed I can see it being struck regularly vs. Rosalina just to avoid the potential headache of dealing with 3 entities at once.

popo12

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nucleotyde
3DS FC
1977-0411-3918
I haven't played a lot of Magicant, but the flying man seems really strong for what he is. He can break you out of combos and grabs, and you can set him up for attacks yourself. He seems to move pretty quick and can kill at a reasonable percent. Getting him is like playing Rosalina or Ice Climbers but without the skill those characters require, the chance for your opponent to counterpick it, or the drawbacks those characters have built into their designs. I'm not a fan.

On top of that, Magicant has some weirdness to begin with. I feel like the little platform at the bottom is just begging to be camped since you can't fall down onto it. Plus there seems to be a bug in this game where you can be pushed through the platforms that you can't fall through but can jump up through. I've been pushed through the trophy rush platform by falling blocks and watched a computer fall through Magicant after the flying man bounced him off the bottom of the UFO. It's a cool stage, but I don't really see it being viable.

Since the game is out outside of Japan now, what are people's thoughts on Mute City? The cars leaving the screen are really telegraphed (as long as you know that that's what the check indicator means), and the pitstop ceiling thing could be annoying, but it doesn't last very long at all. The thing that worries me is how early the track kills. It seems really strong for how close it is to the platform, and seems to kill fairly early for what it is. I really like this stage, but I'm having trouble convincing myself that it will be legal.

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
@ popo12 popo12 From my own testing, the Mute City track killed Mario off the top at 104% with no VI or whatever we're calling it today. It does seem rather low, but it's still within kill range for a variety of characters, mostly the heavyweights + Little Mac, and given that it's literally the floor it's vaguely comparable to falling to the lower blast zone if you squint. And with proper technique applied to improve survivability it will kill later than my numbers indicate.

What's the "pitstop ceiling thing"? Are you referring to the green circles that appear when the car drives over the energy strip near the start line?

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
I played a lot today with the local scene and got a good quick sense of what's good. Here's the stage list I plan to run going forward:

Legal:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Rainbow Road
Jungle Japes
Brinstar
Yoshi's Island
Corneria
Unova Pokemon League
Prism Tower
Arena Ferox
Reset Bomb Forest
Tortimer's Island
Tomodachi Life

I think the following stages are borderline but very playable if people were feeling liberal:

Super Mario 3d Land
Paper Mario
Dream Land
Mute City
Distant Planet
Gaur Plains

Every other stage seems to me to be too signficantly flawed to really be in the running. To comment on a few of the more interesting cases...

Rainbow Road definitely, very definitely, should be legal. The Shy Guys are really small time, and the stage layout is generally really neutral in terms of how it affects the character balance as far as I could tell. None of the landing zones are really bad at all either; I will truly miss this stage when we drop this version forever and go to Wii U.

Wall infinties are so definitely gone; there truly remains no obstacle to Corneria's legality. IMO it's actually one of the more cleanly unobjectionable stages now.

Unova Pokemon League's hazards are kinda pushing it as some of them hit legitimately hard and others are legitimately pretty spatially dominant, but there are really big telegraphs for what it does and I want to keep an odd number of stages for striking so it was a pretty good choice to include even if giving it a really fair shot wasn't a good enough reason. I feel like this stage will demand a bit of stage knowledge but play just fine as people stop being surprised by what it does.

Tomodachi Life definitely doesn't present any kind of circle camping problems and in fact seems to very obviously lack any reason to ban it whatsoever, but the stage is obnoxious beyond belief and probably makes the game worse for being in it. It's just plain awkward to fight here. As much as I'll miss Rainbow Road and Prism Tower (two best stages in this game hands down), being able to ditch this stage makes me eagerly await Wii U.

Paper Mario's first form might be pushing it a bit as it stands with the walk-off to the right, the fairly campy geography, and that very disruptive fan. The second form is excellent and presents no real problems. However, the third form is really "disruptive", as much as I hate that word to describe stages. The middle Bowser head is just not safe to use as a primary platform in practice, and the battle over a side platform quickly turns into what Melee fans might remember as the battle over the rock from Kongo Jungle. I didn't get to see any of the more limited characters try to fight here (like Little Mac), but I can easily imagine it would be a nightmare. I'm pretty sure this stage isn't objectively broken, but I'm pretty sure it's fairly polarizing and it spends a very large portion of the match being pretty obstructive.

Mute City seems a lot better at first than it is. I still think it's objecively a fair stage and don't think the very strong positive feelings I had for it after just testing it out in single player were wrong, but it's just really polarizing. A fairly limited number of characters can really and truly easily navigate this stage, and they're at a huge advantage here versus others. I played two tournament games here today: one as Jigglypuff vs Villager and the other as Greninja vs Captain Falcon. I won both fairly decisively. As Jigglypuff I just floated around playing slowly, and Villager just couldn't do much but lose slowly as I could go wherever I wanted whenever I wanted and she just couldn't. With Greninja I just used my disjointed smashes and water shurikens to protect the platforms from Captain Falcon getting on, and if he ever managed to (usually after taking some hits) get on, I didn't have to make that good of a read to be able to escape and reset the situation on either the other platform or the car. If I managed to grab which was pretty easy a lot of the time, I'd just throw him off away from the cars below which put him in a really bad spot (if he didn't want to hit the fairly damaging track, he had to choose between making the long maneuver to the car which might not even be possible or trying to recover toward a ledgeless platform aggressively defended by a Greninja). It was some pretty ugly gameplay honestly.

Walk-offs in general seem "worse" to me than they were in Brawl, chaingrabs aside of course. Base knockback is a lot higher in this game than it had been previously, and it seems generally safer and more advantageous to play around near the walk-offs (contrary to popular opinion, this was a really bad and suicidal tactic in Brawl). I'm pretty convinced that 3d Land and Dream Land are inherently fair otherwise, and Gaur Plains wasn't terribly well explored by us in terms of tactics on the lower areas, but the walk-offs are as real there as anywhere.

Magicant is a stage I sat down and explored with another competent human trying to see how the Flying Man played out. He's really strong but has to be used right; the main idea for how to use him well is to treat him like a doubles partner with team attack off. Just hang out together and watch the opponent. If the opponent tries to attack Flying Man, punish them for it. If the opponent attacks you, sit on shield until your friend bails you out. Flying Man himself generally dies in about 2.5 smashes (that is, land 2 smashes and enough damage otherwise to account for about half of a third smash; he mostly only dies based off damage and not knockback), but used well he sticks around while accomplishing an awful lot and there's just no way to eliminate him quickly though some moves like Greninja dair do attack him safely and let him be mitigated if used by an opponent who doesn't understand how to properly leverage him (he can be grabbed which looks really goofy, for whatever that's worth). For the record, I find this development extremely disappointing but do feel the stage really warranted careful exploration of this topic. You really can fight back against Flying Man, but it's just not enough for what he is.

I'm down for discussing every stage; I've played a few games against decent humans on every even vaguely plausibly legal stage by now (I considered Golden Plains, Mushroomy Kingdom, Gerudo Valley, WarioWare, Flat Zone 2, Balloon Fight, Living Room, Find Mii, and Green Hill Zone to be no hopers and not worth the trouble) so I'm quite comfortable discussing any of them now if people want to discuss any in particular; this is just what I've about figured after a couple of days surveying all of the various stages in this game. I'm still very convinced 3DS gives us enough to work with in terms of a diverse stage list; we just have to use everything good it gives to us since we really don't have stages to waste.

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
To add some data about Magicant, Flying Man takes 37-40% before dying. My own testing showed that he wouldn't die to Mario's fireball, although utilt worked just fine, so there's probably some sort of knockback requirement, however lenient it may be. There's also a total of 5 Flying Men that can spawn in total; no more will appear after that. Dead Flying Men are marked with graves next to the house. They can kill Mario around 110% with no attempt made to DI/VI/whatever.

It's hilarious that you can grab him, I didn't think to try that.

Piford

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperZelda
Some comments on what you wrote from my experience:

There seemed to be little to no walk-off camping when I played on Gaur Plains. If you tried to camp you usually got pushed into the blast zone yourself from below. I assume in some match ups that camping might be viable though.

Mute City seems to be perfectly legal. Any interference from the stage just seems to be exploitable by a smart player to aid him to win, so knowing the stage makes it really not get in the way.

For Tortimer's Island, the random stage layout is a bit concerning. Put that on top of the fact that randomly a beehive will get thrown out of a tree you're attacking next to and its legality shifts to the more liberal side. Also is there some way to get always get the "default" version, since almost all of my matches happened on a version with a doc on the left with no trees.

3D land was a stage I had initially written off as awful but playing on it, it actually seems fine. Some of my most engaging matches were on there. The stage hazards never once got in the way of fighting and the scrolling was really manageable.

Unova Pokemon League seems good, but is there a way to have Reshiram or Zekrom always come? The fact that it's random is what kinda pushes me away from being 100% on board.

The water in Jungle Japes seems to still be very strong. I noticed that heavier characters have a huge disadvantage on this stage. Also the klaptrap is still there, and with the water, makes the stage not as good as it could be.

I found Tomodachi Life extremely fun to play on, characters with better ariels seems to better.

Paper Mario seems fine, since both players seem to naturally not stand on the bowser head. If they just stick to the sides, the matches are fun.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Gaur plains shouldn't be banned for walk-off camping as that invites sharking. It should be banned because Ganon CANNOT catch Sonic. That's the extreme example, but it doesn't take much mobility to make it a problem. Robin has a lot of trouble tracking down Mii Brawler and they have similar move speeds.

Tortimer Island is staying banned on my list until someone finds a way to play without exploding fruit.

Unova Pokemon League's stairs kill you if they come in when you're offstage and that's obnoxious. On top of that Reshiram disrupts game play to the point where the only viable strategy is to wait him out.

3D land and Dreamland GB have the same problem. The scroll speed is fast enough that you have to keep moving and that gives a MASSIVE advantage to the player on the side of the scroll who can just wallop you with hitboxes.

Corneria is better due to the lack of wall infinites, but I do not like lasers plus Ness, G&W, and Mii Gunner nor do I like cave of life camping in the bottom right.

Distant Planet retains its major issue with approaching the guy who's standing at the bottom of the slope because you can't drop through the main platform.

The lack of options presented on Paper Mario 3 after the transformation just doesn't leave room for you to play well and avoid getting blown up by the stage for not having somewhere to land.

I'm running the rest of @ Amazing Ampharos Amazing Ampharos stagelist.

EDIT: Has NO ONE ELSE encountered the Reset Bomb Forest configuration I mentioned?

Last edited:

Piford

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperZelda
Gaur plains shouldn't be banned for walk-off camping as that invites sharking. It should be banned because Ganon CANNOT catch Sonic. That's the extreme example, but it doesn't take much mobility to make it a problem. Robin has a lot of trouble tracking down Mii Brawler and they have similar move speeds.
I just did training with level 9 cpus set to run. Gannondorf had trouble but was able to catch sonic with good reads using his side b when sonic needed to go towards the top portion of the screen, and then KO. Mii Fighter was difficult to catch with Robin without using Arcthunder and Arcfire, but using the tomes stop him from moving long enough to attack him. The CPU's frame perfect dodging and sheilding didn't make it easy though.

DrLobster

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrLobster
3DS FC
4699-5880-7408
Sorry for being super late in the discussion, but here's the list that I'm thinking about running with.

NEUTRALS:
-Final Destination//Ω Stages that have Final Destination-style walls (these include Battlefield, 3D Land, Rainbow Road, Jungle Japes, Spirit Train, Brinstar, Corneria, Prism Tower, Magicant, Flat Zone 2, Arena Ferox, and Gaur Plain).
-Battlefield
-Yoshi's Island
-Tomodachi Life
-Ω Stages that have Yoshi's Island-style walls (these include Golden Plains, Paper Mario, Mushroomy Kingdom, Gerudo Valley, Yoshi's Island, Dream Land, Unova Pokemon League, Reset Bomb Forest, Warioware Inc., Distant Planet, Tortimer Island, Boxing Ring, Balloon Fight, Living Room, Find Mii, Tomodachi Life, PictoChat 2, and Green Hill Zone).
COUNTERPICKS:
-Prism Tower
-Reset Bomb Forest
-Arena Ferox

To me, splitting the Omega stages into two sections makes sense because characters that can wall jump have an easier time doing so on stages with Yoshi's Island walls. but hey imma supa scrub so maybe it dont make sense who knows

Anyway, thoughts?

Last edited:

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I just did training with level 9 cpus set to run. Gannondorf had trouble but was able to catch sonic with good reads using his side b when sonic needed to go towards the top portion of the screen, and then KO. Mii Fighter was difficult to catch with Robin without using Arcthunder and Arcfire, but using the tomes stop him from moving long enough to attack him. The CPU's frame perfect dodging and sheilding didn't make it easy though.
I highly doubt CPUs can replicate player ability to escape and of Ganon ForwardB is forced into use, it can be easily punished harder than Ganon can profit.

Dr Lobster, please never separate the FDs. Requiring two bans of one player is a TERRIBLE thing to ask.

Last edited:

Davis-Lightheart

Smash Journeyman
I still think Brinstar is a fair counter pick. No character aside from Little Mac is really at a huge disadvantage in this game when it comes to the lava especially with custom recoveries.

Piford

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperZelda
I highly doubt CPUs can replicate player ability to escape and of Ganon ForwardB is forced into use, it can be easily punished harder than Ganon can profit.

Dr Lobster, please never separate the FDs. Requiring two bans of one player is a TERRIBLE thing to ask.
I know I just wanted to simulate the best I could. Also we really shouldn't ban a stage because of one or two bad matchups, we have stage striking for a reason.

DrLobster

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrLobster
3DS FC
4699-5880-7408
Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're saying, but who's asking one player to ban two things at a single point? Have the stages split and have each one be banned once, as if each type of FD environment was it's own stage.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
To be clear, my list was supposed to be 13 "good and legal" stages and the others were "stages that I plan to have as bans but think are close enough to legal to use if you really want to". I don't really want to defend the second group since I would ban them; it's just more like I think those six are a lot better than, say, Flat Zone 2 or WarioWare and that legit games can happen on those six even if they have some pretty real problems that probably makes banning them the right call.

Personally I don't really like Unova Pokemon League, but I really wanted 13 legal (12 legal just doesn't work, and since I believe in procedure that gives players lots of ways to avoid bad stages, I think having one too many legal is better than having one too few) and it's IMO by far the best of the remaining stages. Its various hazards are fairly obnoxious and disruptive and for sure Reshiram can force stall-outs and if you play badly or just have awful stage control you can be death trapped, but I think they're all sufficiently predictable that a skilled player can deal with them if he has some stage knowledge. The alternative for least bad stage 13 was Mute City which is a lot less hazardous and a lot more predictable but plays out dumb in a lot of match-ups. I figured Unova was better to go with as it's better to have a stage that can kill you if you don't know what you're doing since you can just learn what you're doing which is less problematic than a stage that punishes you for using the wrong characters in general since the solution there is to pick a different character which is asking a lot more of players.

I've only seen exploding Tortimer's Island fruit in video, and I've played a fair number of games on the stage so it must be pretty rare (or I must be lucky). In those videos it didn't seem to have that high of a kill percentage to me. Have you taken any data for its typical kill ranges at center stage? Since this stage is different every time I can't just fall back hard on my experiences, but I've never had a bad game here.

I just haven't found defensive strategies in the lower regions of Corneria terribly effective at making stocks go for a really long time. Putting your back to the wall means you really have nowhere to go, and IMO offense is good enough in this game that it's a risky play. You start getting hit a lot if you get too rigid in your attempts to camp it out and just rely on teching to avoid dying, and after that happens, your stock tends to end shortly. I haven't seen anyone survive terribly longer here than anywhere else, and it's a real shame that 3DS is so hard to record as this is usually where I'd post match videos but I just can't do that. As per the arwings, as a Brawl G&W main who played a good number of games here back then, I don't really think the absorbing laser strategy is very reliable or effective; it's really strong if you are just allowed to do it, but those moves to absorb lasers are really slow, it's really obvious what you're doing, and the arwings shoot really randomly which means that most of the time if you try to absorb you just get yourself hit with nothing to show for it.

In general, my thought process on these stages as well comes down to this. I think we can make a good set of 13 legal for now which can be used for balanced stage striking in game one and give a good pool of counterpick stages to work with (just give each player either 2 stage bans or an equivalent procedure). We do have to include some obnoxious stages that really don't make the game better (Tomodachi Life, Unova Pokemon League, Jungle Japes, it sounds like Corneria from your perspective though I kinda like it), but they're fair enough that we can use them with confidence that them being legal in no way really skews the kind of tournament results we're looking for. From what we've seen, it seems like it will be easy with Wii U to put together a stage list just as big full of stages that are overall higher quality. Keeping this kind of pool legal now will get people familiar with thinking about this kind of stage pool and used to working with it, and that will make the Wii U transition most of us are going to make as seamless as possible while also setting a precedent to be fairly open in trying out stages that may push us out of our comfort zones a bit while still being good overall.

DrLobster

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrLobster
3DS FC
4699-5880-7408
Yeah, I think it goes without saying that Omega anything is legal.

Piford

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperZelda
I don't know if this has been mentioned, but Tortimer's Island also spans banana peels after eating a banana.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I'm going to do big write ups for each stage in some not distant future... likely with videos. I do want to say I'm not sold on any walk off ban yet (but I play projectile characters so maybe that has an effect on that choice?)

I also want to say even though I like walkoffs I do not like Dream Land at all. The long lasting cave of life transformations really bug me. They create really uninteresting situations from what I've seen.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Okay, I repent. Unova Pokemon League is awful; just spent some more time with it, and I must have been lucky with the hazards because with maximally bad luck they can be really jerkish to say the least. Distant Planet for stage 13 seems like the only remaining viable option.

DrLobster

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrLobster
3DS FC
4699-5880-7408
@ Amazing Ampharos Amazing Ampharos While I don't agree with your tier list, I would say that Mute City probably a better tourney stage than Distant Planet. The hazards on it, while more active in the fight, are less damaging than the ones on Distant Planet, imo.

Illuvial

Exploring Tallon IV
NNID
Illuvial
3DS FC
1435-3676-0317
Switch FC
SW-1736-8649-2292
List of stages I feel could be legal:

NEUTRAL:
Battlefield
Final Destination

COUNTERPICK:
Prism Tower
Yoshi's Island
Reset Bomb
Arema Ferox

List of stages I feel could be considered for the list:

Jungle Japes
Brinstar
Living Room (that's a longshot though)
Balloon Fight (even more of a longshot)

I'm making videos on certain stages (camera quality, but still) to elaborate on certain stages, so if anyone has any questions on why a certain stage is on either list, just lemme know and I'll make that stage video a priority

Last edited:

Piford

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperZelda
Living room can 0-death some characters and balloon fight basically is a stage with a blast line in the middle, both are pretty awful.

DrLobster

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrLobster
3DS FC
4699-5880-7408
I'd also say that Yoshi's Island should basically be a universal Neutral.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
I didn't find Unova League that bad
...until Reshiram showed up.

Zekrom wasn't nearly as bad as I was anticipating.

Davis-Lightheart

Smash Journeyman
I have a question; should Little Mac be taken into consideration when it comes to stage legality? Usually every character is taken into consideration for stages, but Little Mac is just such a special case of polarization to the point where any stage that involves him having to jump over anything is so ridiculously risky may as well not be picked for more than a select few stages with large ground work?

Piford

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperZelda
I have a question; should Little Mac be taken into consideration when it comes to stage legality? Usually every character is taken into consideration for stages, but Little Mac is just such a special case of polarization to the point where any stage that involves him having to jump over anything is so ridiculously risky may as well not be picked for more than a select few stages with large ground work?
We should take into account all characters, but we have to realize that smash a large portion of smash bros is platforming and ariel movements, and little mac isn't good at that. We shouldn't let one bad character ban stages just to make him good (by basically having only FD, cause thats one of the few stages where LM is good).

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
I'd like to voice my opinion on Gaur Plain; I feel that it could potentially encourage some heavy camping, but so few can do that from such a distance. When the opponent is near us, the only real issue is the walk off I feel, which I don't think is nearly as condemning as in Brawl due to no chain grabs being present(Right now anyway.).

I see this stage being a counter pick tbh, against characters like Ganondorf or Bowser.

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
Honestly, I've not found Unova League to be that much of an issue. The only real annoying thing that can happen is when Reshiram's Fusion Flare takes out the entire centre of the stage, leaving only the left and right edges. Otherwise, it's easy to fight around it or throw your opponent into it.

Gaur Plains is annoying just because there's no "centre stage" at all. What side of the stage you're on determines which horizontal blast line you have to work with, so basically it ends up a competition to stay as far away from that edge as possible. And KOs happen at really low percents. Catch a foe from anywhere above actual ground with Mii Brawler's Helicopter Kick, and they get KO'd at 60%. Plus the lower platforms are freakin' tiny, much too small to actually fight on, which means most of the fighting takes place very close to the upper blast line as well.

Piford

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperZelda
I really like fighting on Gaur Plains, the fact that it encourages you to play a little differently, but not change up your play style, is really cool. I haven't found camping to be an issue, although deaths are usually at lower %. I don't think that the deaths are at such a low percent that its a huge deal.

aguyuno

Smash Rookie
Has anyone played all star mode yet? The reason I ask is because they've somehow set those stages so they're in the original mode but the bull**** stuff, most are gone. For example, magnicant didn't seem to have the bird and distant planet didjt seem to have those no flowers or even the rain.

If those versions were released it'd be cool. Or maybe no items.... Hmm. Will try that.

themagicalcake

Smash Rookie
My stage list
Starters:
Battlefield
Final Destination + all Ω stages
Yoshi's island
Tomodachi Life
Counterpicks:
Reset Bomb Forest
Prism Tower
Gaur Plains