• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St. Paul Biweeklies!

teflon_climbers

Smash Lord
The benefits of proposal 1 are obvious, the top 8 who actually have a chance to win some of the money, will pay more and maybe recieve more, and the lower tiers will pay $5 like last month's tourney but it's a very slim chance that they will win anything at all, they'll just get more games it with people at their level, which is worth it to low-ranked players like myself. But if you're there to win money, the high tier tourney will be more competitive and the payout will be nice.
Umm... Aaron Chexr always take 1/2 :p So top 8 are looking at a 10% slice of the pie, and there's really only two people that consistently take that spot :3

Eci4

Smash Ace
Teflon, how do you compare to blue wolf?
as far as I can tell he's one of the better shots for 3rd (along with SDM)

but yeah, really its 4 or 5 people vying for 3rd, and 3rd still just gets 12 dollars assuming there are 8 people in each tier.... at like 24 peopel though, 3rd still just gets 16, so its pretty much paying 10 dollars to compete for 6... (unless of course you are aaron or chexr)

Eci4

Smash Ace
I'm not hatin' or nothing... I'm being realistic...I don't go to tournaments ever expecting to win. I go to tournaments to test myself... I mean, the fact that I beat some of the people I do amazes me, even if it is just 1 game of a match

yoshii

Smash Ace
Eci4: Yea, Teflon doesn't really compare in the top 3 or 4 at all. He has gotten a lot worse and I really think you have a shot at beating him, since I get to play against him more then anyone, I would know these things. I beat him all the time now.

Eci4

Smash Ace
yoshii, yeah you wouldn't know that... seriously though, you havent seen me play, and I haven't been doing to bad (although they call me nooby) I've done alright...

BlueWolf25

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, I'd rather just stay with the double elim. bracket. Those proposals were just some ideas I had for ways to try to keep the general entry fees lower for the newer players while feeding more money into the pot for the better players, and I knew that they probably weren't going to work out. My fear about raising the price is that it will turn some of the players, especially the long distance travelers, away, and a player who doesn't come adds nothing to the pot.

But...

I'll pose the question at least, and if a decent number of people decide to still come, I'll admit that my fears were largely unfounded and bump it back up to $10. Also, I'm fine with the 40/30/20/10 split.

Also, starting at 10 is perfectly fine, provided most people will be able to come. I do want you guys to be able to come, but if it means that a larger number of players are going to miss out at least on doubles, I'll probably leave it at noon.

So...

First, who would not still be willing to come with a $10 entry fee?

Next, who would not be able to come at 10?

Eci4

Smash Ace
I'm willing to come at 10 with $10 entry fee, although it wont be happening this week...this week I have a LAN, and I guess thats not really more important, just less far

Uno

Smash Journeyman
wow, more MN activity? tiers for players?!?!?!?

guess I should come to this site more often (i just check mlgpro.com and get off)

me and dos better come to this tourney to see where we rank, if we're doing that kind of thing...

I'd be willing to come at 10 for 10$, or whatever, i would much prefer to play a someone like aaron or chexr than a d-smash spammer.

count me and dos in as of now... but i havent talked to him yet so it could go either way.

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
eek idk about the 10 bucks, but idc about the 10 o clock thing, i just realized i work, but not till 5ish and its like a half hour drive to st paul. so...if i can be done by 4:30 or earlier woot, but i dont really expect to pass the 2nd or 3rd round lol so im good, i just wanna watch some better players :D

Leon

Smash Cadet
So I'll definitely be there til about 3:30, hopefully we can get singles or doubles done before that, eh? Excited to see you all!

Nomek

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I plan on just coming and watching since I'm poor and can't scrape together the entrance fee. BlueWolf if you need some help with brackets to free up some *** kickin time I could do that for ya. James Sparrow showed me how the program works at CC4.

mastr0fmyd0main3

Smash Journeyman
So wait a sec, the singles fee is $10 now? What happened to $5? Will Teams also be $10 each? That's a lot man. Anyway, 10 o'clock is moist. Would that mean friendlies and masturbating begin at 10? or Teams actually beings at 10?

Whitefire

Smash Apprentice
We don't want to have to be there til around 11, when would the doubles actually be starting? Also none of us want to pay $10 unless we really have to(that's three of us who prefer $5), that's a little too much for having to travel 2 1/2 hours to get there, so we really want it to stay at $5 if it's possible. If the singles price gets raised to $10 some of us might want to skip one of the tourneys, most likely the doubles.

James Sparrow

Smash Master
So wait a sec, the singles fee is $10 now? What happened to $5? Will Teams also be $10 each? That's a lot man. Anyway, 10 o'clock is moist. Would that mean friendlies and masturbating begin at 10? or Teams actually beings at 10?
read. he was asking who would still play if it was 10.

i would play if it was $10, and i would like it to start at 10.

aaron, i want a 1 dollar money match plz

teflon, another 1 dollar money match so you can try to win your dignity back?

yoshii, 1 dollar money match?

deepak?

anyone else that wants to?

4IRE (For Aiur)

Smash Cadet
Me and Ben WILL pay 10 but we'd rather it was 5 (just castin' the old vote). Also, 10 am. is good for us assuming I can wake up and be functional by then. I agree on a flat rate though; as liberal as I am I don't see a need for a progressive entry fee system.

Aarosmashguy

Smash Ace
Chexr and I (of course) would pay 10 =P and we could also be there by 10.

Money match accepted sparrow.

also if it get turned back to 5$ turn the pot split back to 60/30/10.

D. Disciple

Smash Master
I wouldn't mind paying 10 dollars, I gotta see if I can get up there at 10 though it's a long stretch but I'll see what happens by now and saturday. Zeus will probably not be able to come, as he is like me and gets grounded a lot.

Edit - Aaron 1$ mm, Pika ditto?
James Sparrow - Grudge match, I've realized what I've been doing wrong last time and I hope I dont do it again when we play.

ChopTheRed

Smash Apprentice
How many setup are we planning to have? I dont think I will be partaking in doubles but Im coming for them anyways (since masterofmydomain is giving my a ride there) so I dont want to be watching smash for 3 hours. I NEED TO PLAY!

teflon_climbers

Smash Lord
$10!

Disciple! $1 pika ditto?!

Sparrow! OK! you better watch out for my Luigi >: D

Eci! You should play my bowser sometime. I call it the sheik DESTROYER. AaaaandDADADADABAMBMAN

Bluewolf, I'm gonna try to bring at least 1 if not two setups :3. I'm serious about getting this thing DONE quick =).

Chop, I might have someone for you to team with =). Mayybe. I'll see if he's going! He plays Doc so you'd be used to it, although it's not as good as Mast0rz

Aarosmashguy

Smash Ace
disciple money match accepted!

so far...
1$ mm sparrow
1$ mm disciple (pika ditto)
1$ mm teflon (falco ditto)???

as for setups I can bring a cube but not a tv unless you guys want a small one.

uno omg fox ditto money match!

ChopTheRed

Smash Apprentice
Chop, I might have someone for you to team with =). Mayybe. I'll see if he's going! He plays Doc so you'd be used to it, although it's not as good as Mast0rz[/QUOTE]

You just want money in the pot! :p Maybe, masterofmydomain says his friend from st. Thomas might team with me also. I'll keep my options open. :laugh:

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
are singles or doubles going to be held first...? hopefull singles cuz im not sure how late i can stay.

James i wanna friendly you, im not good enough to just throw around my big washingtons and what not, but i still wanna see how badly you will beat me :D

D. Disciple

Smash Master
Teflon I'll do a 1$ pika ditto with you and Uno I accept your 1$ money match fox ditto as well.

I still gotta see about my transportation, my mom isn't too fond about this game at all and plus she thinks I'm failing a class and I'm not.

Ah well it's only thursday I'll see when I get back home about transportation and plus I get paid tomorrow as well, which I like about the Bi-weeklies they are always after I get my paycheck.

teflon_climbers

Smash Lord
$1 fox ditto Uno
$1 Sparrow
$1 Aaron
$1 Disciple.

Vroom!

I'm thinking River Falls will be there @ 9am if that's not too early bluewolf? If it is we can always come later <3

Uno

Smash Journeyman
so if i make it there.. and have enough dough (luckily most people tip baggers) i'll plan on these dittos

Aaron- fox ditto
D. disciple- fox ditto (did you try picking him up.. i still think you would make a good fox)
Chop- i have no idea who you play as.. so how bout a fox ditto?
cant forget teflon- fox ditto

D. Disciple

Smash Master
James Sparrow - Grudge match
Aaron - 1$ Pika ditto
Teflon - 1$ Pika Ditto
Uno - 1$ Fox Ditto
Chop - 1$ Money match

I'm probably gonna need a ride, I'll determine that tomorrow though. If so can someone pick me up please, I'll put in for gas money.

Aarosmashguy

Smash Ace
wow many money matches

teflon-1$ falco ditto
disciple-1$ pika ditto
uno-1$ fox ditto
chop-1$ anything
masterofmydomain-1$ anything
sparrow 1$ anything

DarkRoom

Smash Ace
Think I'm coming now, and f*ck it make it 10 bucks. And I thought proposal 1 was ridiculous to tell you the truth. If people aren't willing to spend an entry fee to get better, then they don't want to get better badly enough.

BlueWolf25

Smash Journeyman
Doubles will be first.

I think I'll bump it back up to $10 for this one at least, we'll see what happens as a result.

Teflon - How about 9:30? I usually go to breakfast ~1 hour before the tourney/fest and spend about a half hour setting things up.

Also, I'm up for $1 money matches if anyone wants to get some playtime vs. my IC's.

Top Bottom