• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

_glook

Got a Passion for Smashin'
and yes we still play melee, well for the most part. STL kinda got split when .........."that game"..... came out.
That's how it was for Berkeley, too. Eventually, most of us old smashers stopped playing altogether.

It looks like I'll be able to make it. I'll bring my laptop and we'll see if any of the TVs have the right connections in the back. I'll also bring a cube and a copy of melee.

I'll probably show up at 1-2 PMish.

Should I assume you still live in the same place, Geno?

darkatma

Smash Hero
you should come visit st louis some time lemon
i wanna play you :p

@glook: I'm pretty sure geno hosts at like.. evening time usually now, dunno how it was before

I still need a ride there (so does phil)

Also, Cal still plays melee I think. Snap is kinda rusty, Mr. Ganondorf is still pretty decent, and my best friend is now a sophomore there and he's probably the best out of the Cal smashers (He goes by Zeldafreak/Jason).
Owait haha you uploaded the Cal vids :p Coool

Anyways more smashers=more fun

Lemondude829

Smash Journeyman
just let me know a couple weeks in advance(if possible) next time you guys have a little smash shindig and i can probably convince Tj to take the journey with me. Pretty sure i owe Mr. Zig Zag a few rematches for the beastin' i served em at E-52 ;) and i think geno had hand johns

GenoBlast

Smash Ace
oh no!!! Lemon found our thread everyone run!! ;)

I will most definitely ATTEMPT to tell you in advance about upcoming smash festivities, though usually they are pretty spur of the moment. It miiiiiight be a little short notice but... how bout tomorrow????

_glook

Got a Passion for Smashin'
We were ALWAYS trying to get Danny (SNAP) to play with us but he's always like, "I've got to study for my MCATS" and "I don't want to throw away my education by playing video games" and "I'm all responsible, look at me, I'm like 10 years younger than all of you and have a higher GPA and I'm also the youngest and ONLY person to get a perfect score on my MCATS".

The only people who play with any regularity anymore are the group centralized around the twins, which includes the twins, Kyle, and Brandandorf. Everyone else is pretty sporadic in their smashing time. Although, we did manage to get together one more time before most of us graduated and we made this happen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODtgDZlZRFA

So I guess I should arrive around 6 then?

The_Loki

Smash Apprentice
So Geno's @ 6 Friday?

Also atma where do you live, if it's not super far we might be able to give you a ride.

Nuris

Smash Lord
Are you guys North, South, East, or West?
Also, I don't wanna get Binyan's hopes up, but I'll look into borrowing my a car.

Nuris

Smash Lord
lol yeah that is out of the way. My friend shot me down as far as a car, but I still may have one trick up my sleeve... nvm looks like we're begging for rides...

Nuris

Smash Lord
Yo, Binyan. I found a ride but it probably won't be until late (8 or 9).

Teh Future

Smash Master
Side note if you guys want to talk to more people, especially you Charizard, you should hit up the STL thread even though the melee guys are back and making it hard to find the brawl posts lol.
omfg steve ur such a d!ck m3l33 p30ple m4d3 th1s thr34d ScRuB. Plai a r34l fight1ng g4m3 and st0p tr4shing on m3l33 just cus u cant plai 1t

alt-F4

Smash Ace
omfg steve ur such a d!ck m3l33 p30ple m4d3 th1s thr34d ScRuB. Plai a r34l fight1ng g4m3 and st0p tr4shing on m3l33 just cus u cant plai 1t
you jerk you completely neglected the rest of that post where I said i was joking. I hate you so much.

Legan

Smash Lord
Alright so I used my notorious fame to get all of MO housing at OH SNAP. All i need is a head count and a confirmation that well actually be going and I can set it up.

Chezzles

Smash Journeyman
More of a Melee focus hopefully, but I'll do both. I don't have my brawl disc though.

EDIT: Also who from WashU is named Rob? I met a dude named Nandan who was your roomate last year or something.

Nuris

Smash Lord
I am too busy to do anything / will be out of town until school starts.

Cook

Smash Master
Alright so I used my notorious fame to get all of MO housing at OH SNAP. All i need is a head count and a confirmation that well actually be going and I can set it up.
Make sure to tell them that me, Nicole, Kit and Jordan are going, plz.

Top Bottom