• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

Teh Future

Smash Master
My number one was shiek. LOL

It probably doesnt help that I put I dont like CGs for most of it. ICs are not the same and Falco/D3 though, they actually have to work for their grabs :/

Mario was second which is acurate and Yoshi was my fourth.

If only I was good enough to use low tier characters well :(

Edit: If I changed my answer on the CG questions it ICs as one and Yoshi as two

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
I think there was an issue with Sheik, which is now fixed. WAY too many people that had never played her were getting her as their number one.

Other than that, everything else is fine AFAIK.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
David you can't be an IC main and then say that you don't like chain grabs-- that's not a problem with the quiz, it's a problem with your brain. lol

It picking IC / Yoshi is PERFECT for you, you nub :p

Teh Future

Smash Master
lol no the question was worded dumb it was like if you dont mind being CGed lol who doesnt mind being Cged its like the gayest thing in the world

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
lol no the question was worded dumb it was like if you dont mind being CGed lol who doesnt mind being Cged its like the gayest thing in the world
Yeah, I did word that weird. My bad.

Luckily, the quiz website is going crazy and allowing people to edit questions without erasing character info. Changed it to, simply, "You hate chain-grabbing."

Kit Cal-N

Smash Ace
Squirtle
Marth
Sheik
Fox
Captain Falcon

Just switch around the 1st and 5th ones and this would of been amazing.
With those characters, the quiz says you should play Melee. :laugh:

Man, Jordan's results were just flat-out WRONG all the way around.

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
Id go to the tuesday things if I had a way to get there...but who the hell isnt working on a tuesday? Besides, uh, metal.

I had a good sleep over with legan and toga, in which much brawl and melee was had. Its unfortunately not as hot as it sounds.

I hope geno hosts soon. I hope to play some melee with darkatma too.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
My results were incredibly off. I got Marth as #1... Has anyone seen my Marth? Marth is the easiest character to learn in the game, and STILL one of my WORST characters. Since all I do is grab, why on earth would I want to play someone with throws that do FOUR PERCENT? MK was second for me, and Kirby was third... Then G&W and... Ice Climbers???

Jiggs was in the middle of my list, with Ganon, Ness, Squirtle, Falcon, and all the people I actually play towards the bottom...

Why does this look like a tier list instead of people I like to play? Is this... denial?

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
Zig, I do work Tuesday... I just get off at 4:30 so we start at 5pm and we're done by 12:30am or so so I can get up at 7am and go to work on Wednesday. TROOPIN' IT. Most people seem to not have a problem making it on Tuesdays :p

I dunno about you but I like having my weekly dose of smash during the week so I can have my weekends free OR smash on them depending on what goes down :p

Marth is the easiest character to learn in the game, and STILL one of my WORST characters.

Easier than Game & Watch? IMPOSSIBLE!

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Marth's learning curve is high. Most people don't know how hard he is to master for high-level play.

Teh Future

Smash Master
My results were incredibly off. I got Marth as #1... Has anyone seen my Marth? Marth is the easiest character to learn in the game, and STILL one of my WORST characters. Since all I do is grab, why on earth would I want to play someone with throws that do FOUR PERCENT? MK was second for me, and Kirby was third... Then G&W and... Ice Climbers???

Jiggs was in the middle of my list, with Ganon, Ness, Squirtle, Falcon, and all the people I actually play towards the bottom...

Why does this look like a tier list instead of people I like to play? Is this... denial?
Well Marth and Jiggs are both all spacing. Jiggs throws are for racking up damage and Marth throws can set up some seriously f'd up chit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEihjzO8L3M

Plus Jiggs is horrible lul when peopleg say grabbing is a big part of thier game who thinks Jiggs?

_Wolfy_

Smash Cadet
Alrighty well then i'll see you tuesday but i'm bringing melee cause well that's what i play lol

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Marth's learning curve is high. Most people don't know how hard he is to master for high-level play.
I'm probably just ignorant to the way of the Marth.

Hey guys, is Think in St. Louis? I lost him again.
Lost me?

I've been sitting in my house all day for the past... week. My phone is on, it has a signal, and has no missed calls, voicemail, or text messages. All 3 of my IM clients are online and logged in, like they have been for weeks. I check my email hourly--both of them. I am the complete opposite of lost.

Plus Jiggs is horrible lul when peopleg say grabbing is a big part of thier game who thinks Jiggs?
Grabbing is, for all intents and purposes, Jigg's only ground move.

JGALT

Smash Cadet
Well Marth and Jiggs are both all spacing. Jiggs throws are for racking up damage and Marth throws can set up some seriously f'd up chit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEihjzO8L3M

Grabbing is an important part of Jiggs Metagame. Downthrow is the single most psychologically damaging move in the game. It's even more powerful than Yoshi's egg-lay. Learn2PsychDamage.

EDIT:
Also I found Kyle. He was hiding in the tall grass. Sorry to alarm you guys.

Teh Future

Smash Master
Grabbing is, for all intents and purposes, Jigg's only ground move.
I agree. and my point still stands. When people say grabbing is a large part of their game no ones gonna say omg Jigglypuffs grab is sooooooooo broken use her.

Meatknight
D3
IC
Yoshi
Olimar
Falco
Ness
PT

all rely of grabs more than Jiggs does. And Im probably forgetting moar

Top Bottom