• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Hey guys,

Just made a combo video from a few friendlies the other day. Hope you at least enjoy the editing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqrzCs4Mgis

Is this all footage from last Saturday? I want in on the next one.

If Geno's not hosting on Friday then I want to smash at WashU on Saturday for sure. I won't be going to Collinsville but I can help anybody who wants practice against weird characters you'll never see in a tournament.

jonkeponke

Smash Cadet
i'm up for trying to find some time to play with ppl at wash u. apollo msged me trying to get something together, and i actually have a bit of free time this weekend.

GenoBlast

Smash Ace
Small Smashfest at my place tonight. please dont come any earlier than 5. Also, prolly gonna do more than just smash, maybe some Mario RPG??

brawlpro

Smash Master
Florissant, St. Louis, MO Tech Skill: Over 9000
Anyone wanna practice for collinsville or just play today? Well if anyone does you can come over to my little place at around 4, and stay until 1 or 2 am if you want, I have one set up and room for about 5 or 6 more, and I have enough chairs, so if you can come bring a set up.

955 Thompson dr, Florissant, MO 63031

Oh and post if your gonna come because I gotta know.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Sorry Brawlpro, I need to be at the WashU Medical School at around 6 PM, plus I played Smash until 3 AM last night at Geno's. Try calling other WashU people.

opiaboy

Smash Rookie
Hey, I'm really new to posting, here, obviously, but I've been following the SWF since novemberish, looking at brawl info and stuff. I am interested in playing at a Brawl tourney or something. I dunno if I wana go to something informal, or look for something official around the area. I live about an hour from WashU (I'm hoping to get in there actually, a 32 on the ACT and some other stuff might help me get in) and I was wondering if anyone on the forum has tourney's regularly or anything. Also, if anyone here goes to WashU, what ACT score did u have, and what other activities did you participate in that u think helped you get accepted?

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Hey, I'm really new to posting, here, obviously, but I've been following the SWF since novemberish, looking at brawl info and stuff. I am interested in playing at a Brawl tourney or something. I dunno if I wana go to something informal, or look for something official around the area. I live about an hour from WashU (I'm hoping to get in there actually, a 32 on the ACT and some other stuff might help me get in) and I was wondering if anyone on the forum has tourney's regularly or anything. Also, if anyone here goes to WashU, what ACT score did u have, and what other activities did you participate in that u think helped you get accepted?
I applied to WashU 4 years ago with a 35 ACT and it was no contest; nowadays it's a lot more competitive.

32 is pretty solid:

If you go to any private school, (MICDS, Priory, John Burroughs) you're in.

If you go to a top tier public school, (Clayton, Ladue, Parkway West) you're in.

Anywhere else, may depend on what else you've done in high school.

lilsquish89

Smash Rookie
Like Lixivium said, it helps a lot to go to one of the good private/public schools around WashU. I went to Clayton, got a 33, and got in a Early Decision a year ago. It definitely helps to do activities, I volunteered a lot, wrote and produced a musical, participated in newspaper, and was in NHS and stuff.

Although, looking back on it, I probably shouldn't have put "Smashing" as one of my Academic Activities...;)

Delta Z

Smash Journeyman
Just a random question...there any Brawl tournaments coming up in the area? Can't make it to the Melee one Saturday...overscheduled...

jonkeponke

Smash Cadet
i got in as class of '09. ACT was 33, and my high school gpa was a 2.8. i'm sure yours is a lot higher.

its been said, but going to a good high school in st. louis helps a lot. i wouldn't say i went to a good one, but it was very well-known by the admissions office, so the gpa issue didn't hurt me as much as it should. any activities will help, i played soccer and volleyball fwiw and didn't have that many academic ECs. also any outside of school stuff helps a lot (volunteering, boy scouts etc)

on a side note, where do you go to school now? my high school is an hour-ish away in sotuh county.

Arias

Smash Rookie
Heh. Surprised to find so many St. Louis area smashers - I admit, I haven't been looking around the regional board.

Currently living in Creve Coeur area. Would love to meet more St. Louis area smashers once Brawl rolls around.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
We frequently invade Geno's place and play smash until criminally late hours, spending the entire time complaining that someone/no one else present has played Game X, where Game X may be:

-Super Mario RPG
-Earthbound
-Lufia 2
-Timesplitters 2
-Star Ocean 2
-Phantasy Star
-Some MegaMan
-Some game by Treasure
-No More Heroes

and of course,
-Tales of Symphonia

Also, teh Wizard.

Arias

Smash Rookie
We frequently invade Geno's place and play smash until criminally late hours, spending the entire time complaining that someone/no one else present has played Game X, where Game X may be:

-Super Mario RPG
-Earthbound
-Lufia 2
-Timesplitters 2
-Star Ocean 2
-Phantasy Star
-Some MegaMan
-Some game by Treasure
-No More Heroes

and of course,
-Tales of Symphonia

Also, teh Wizard.
Understandable, since not playing Earthbound, SMRPG, or Lufia 2 is criminal.
Also; no complaining about Ogre Battle 64?! *complains*

Where about does all this take place? I mean like, what general area?

Top Bottom