• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

Teh Future

Smash Master
Whatever, I'm just being too serious.

It is a video game after all.

My bad.

Edit: I'm off work monday and tuesday if MMM is hosting, so either one is fine with me.

Teh Future

Smash Master
grrr. I swear I have insomnia.

Anyone know how to change the bowser next to my name? lol I have no idea how it got there in the first place.

MuBa

Smash Lord
future: Click on the User CP icon on the top part of the website, then click on Edit Details, and you'll see something about changing you character.

Also -> I HIGHLY recommend Brawlers to get the Homebrew Channel and Ocarina programs installed in their Wii, Trip-less Brawl is sooo good. It actually makes the game feel smoother.

darkatma: Dude I've been wanting to practice at Melee for such a long *** time, just come over to my house or something or I'll come over to yours whichever's more convenient lol.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Okay guys, I have to tell ya:

The Brawl Circuit in Ann Arbor was pretty freaking amazing.

The turnout was over 70 people, and there were tons of setups. There was even a melee station in the middle, or maybe melee memorial since it was only being played half the time. (Actually there was a lot of mid-tier action going on with Luigi and Roy and the like, and Anther seemed to be 4-stocking anyone who would play him with his pikachu, srsly who the heck plays pikachu?) It was 36 hours of extremely high quality smash... Every character, EVERY character, was represented. Metaknight was the most used character, but was only used like a tenth of the time tops, and mainly only in singles. G&W was used almost as much... everyone was playing someone different.

They did a random tourney, which was awesome even if getting screwed on 75m sucks hardcore. There were some REALLY epic matches in the random tourney, OS's Peach vs. Smash64's Lucas on Corneria comes to mind first. Doubles was also extremely fun, we got to play a ton of great people even if I SD'd against bloodhawk after a nice comeback against samarai panda first match of brackets. >_>

There were so many friendlies and money matches going on because it lasted so long, it was crazy. I had a nightmare pool with Mr. E, Sliq, Lain, NoJ, and Scala, but actually rocked it. (Except Needles, who destroyed my face.) Lain ended up getting eliminated from our bracket as hilarity and johns ensued. My bracket was kinda lame, I beat Kel's MetaKnight but then barely lost to his Marth. I was eliminated later from loser's by chewy, after I beat the snot out of those stupid ICs but missed TWO rests against DEDEDE right next to him. Holy crap I suck at this game. Except at Pokemon Trainer dittos.

Apparently I am the best jigglypuff in the midwest. By that I mean the only person ******** enough to play jigglypuff.

In summary, I am driving people to the next circuit in Indiana whether they like it or not. No johns.

PROTIP: Nolimar dittos for life.

Legan

Smash Lord
Okay guys, I have to tell ya:

The Brawl Circuit in Ann Arbor was pretty freaking amazing.

The turnout was over 70 people, and there were tons of setups. There was even a melee station in the middle, or maybe melee memorial since it was only being played half the time. (Actually there was a lot of mid-tier action going on with Luigi and Roy and the like, and Anther seemed to be 4-stocking anyone who would play him with his pikachu, srsly who the heck plays pikachu?) It was 36 hours of extremely high quality smash... Every character, EVERY character, was represented. Metaknight was the most used character, but was only used like a tenth of the time tops, and mainly only in singles. G&W was used almost as much... everyone was playing someone different.

They did a random tourney, which was awesome even if getting screwed on 75m sucks hardcore. There were some REALLY epic matches in the random tourney, OS's Peach vs. Smash64's Lucas on Corneria comes to mind first. Doubles was also extremely fun, we got to play a ton of great people even if I SD'd against bloodhawk after a nice comeback against samarai panda first match of brackets. >_>

There were so many friendlies and money matches going on because it lasted so long, it was crazy. I had a nightmare pool with Mr. E, Sliq, Lain, NoJ, and Scala, but actually rocked it. (Except Needles, who destroyed my face.) Lain ended up getting eliminated from our bracket as hilarity and johns ensued. My bracket was kinda lame, I beat Kel's MetaKnight but then barely lost to his Marth. I was eliminated later from loser's by chewy, after I beat the snot out of those stupid ICs but missed TWO rests against DEDEDE right next to him. Holy crap I suck at this game. Except at Pokemon Trainer dittos.

Apparently I am the best jigglypuff in the midwest. By that I mean the only person ******** enough to play jigglypuff.

In summary, I am driving people to the next circuit in Indiana whether they like it or not. No johns.

PROTIP: Nolimar dittos for life.
I call Shotgun :D

XxMeepxX

Smash Rookie
Ken Theory Crew:

Sam: Female
Null: Gay
(Young) new guy: Gay
Zig-Zag: Fat (white guy) and Gay
(Long-haired) new guy: Gay
Lixivium: Gay
Genoblast: Gay
Null (imposter): Female

Edit:

@Legan: OOOOOOH DID I WIN?!
I think I agree with all of this. I know most of them personally so I can vouch for him, especially about Zig-Zag being a fat [white guy].

Sempai

Smash Ace
Hey guys, not to change the subject or anything but are we having a smashfest this weekend, me and my buddies are serious about getting better and fighting you guys helped a bunch, so if we are having one friday just send me a message thx

darkatma

Smash Hero
darkatma!!!

i'm coming to wash u today do you wanna play melee?

rahh!!
lol dang i didn't read that D:
my cell is 510 493-0926
my name's binyan btw, if you call :p

next time you come here, we gotta play.

@ everyone else: I'm smack in the middle of the south 40.. thomas eliot house, Zeroth (0th) floor, though i don't have a tv, so i play in the lounge. Melee sometime peoples!
hasta be like late night for now because i have pre-O D:

GenoBlast

Smash Ace
I want to do another smashfest this weekend but I probably wont be able to because I might be working. When one of my co workers gets back I should be able to host one again.

So who all is going to KC on 10/18?

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Darkatma, what days during the week and what times in the evening can you play? I might head over to WashU once in a while when I get fed up with med school classes and play.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
So I was playing Brawl with my friend and I discovered that Jigglypuff's down-B can hit people if you are right on top of them. It does good damage and can kill at reasonably low percents, it's pretty silly.

SamDvds

Smash Ace
hehe theres no melee on the menu, so thats a definate no from me, but im looking forward to the KC tourney in oct. :)

Top Bottom