• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSBM | Shield Breaker (v1.18) - - May 19, 2018

What does SKILL mean to you in a fighting game?

• outplaying your opponent assuming both characters are balanced

Votes: 36 67.9%
  • outclassing your opponent assuming both characters are not balanced

Votes: 17 32.1%

• Total voters

Agent7300

Smash Cadet
Lmao, I had to make an account just to reply to this.
First, lets address your attitude, OP- you have consecutively ignored and been rude to anyone who has disagreed with you. The only people you had a relevant discussion with were those who agreed. First off, if you aren't willing to accept criticism, why are you asking for it? You have said that anyone who disagreed was "biased", when this is a better description of you.
Secondly, let's address your thought process. Nerfing all the top tiers won't bring the bad characters up, it will bring everyone down and make the game overall less fun and more boring. Plus, why would anyone play your mod in the first place when their character is either horribly nerfed or just as bad?
If you want "unbiased" criticism then I will say to just delete your mod and start over- but this time, focus on buffing characters instead of nerfing good ones. Also don't respond so harshly to people who disagree with you.
I'm gonna go to bat for OP once again here.
1st: he is ignoring / disagreed with criticism because no criticism is valid and no one here truly knows what they are talking about except me and him, who spend all day on smashladder. OP asked for legitimate criticism, not being biased to your main.
2nd: nerfing top tier makes low tiers better because they can beat the top tiers. common sense bud.
+: i play his mod because i can accept change, im not gonna try and out-mod him. i can accept im an inferior melee modder. as is everyone in this thread. i play it because nostalgia doesn't effect me. why do people not like the star wars prequels? because of nostalgia for the originals. the changes made in the prequels are fantastic, but nostalgia blinds people from seeing it.

Finally: you need to play more vanilla melee, learn your matchups. the things he nerfed were completely unbeatable in vanilla. seeing as how you play roy in melee that must mean you dont play much though. what do you expect.

JacobARF

Smash Cadet
I like how you still haven't realised that Agent7300 is being sarcastic and playing with how illogical your arguments are

Last edited:

TheClamFace

Smash Rookie
NNID
someperson
I'm gonna go to bat for OP once again here.
1st: he is ignoring / disagreed with criticism because no criticism is valid and no one here truly knows what they are talking about except me and him, who spend all day on smashladder. OP asked for legitimate criticism, not being biased to your main.
2nd: nerfing top tier makes low tiers better because they can beat the top tiers. common sense bud.
+: i play his mod because i can accept change, im not gonna try and out-mod him. i can accept im an inferior melee modder. as is everyone in this thread. i play it because nostalgia doesn't effect me. why do people not like the star wars prequels? because of nostalgia for the originals. the changes made in the prequels are fantastic, but nostalgia blinds people from seeing it.

Finally: you need to play more vanilla melee, learn your matchups. the things he nerfed were completely unbeatable in vanilla. seeing as how you play roy in melee that must mean you dont play much though. what do you expect.
I honestly can't tell if this is sarcasm tho

Aerros11

Smash Journeyman
yeah youre right actually we dont need that because i can just invincible tech roll towards you and cancel it directly into s kill move or kill confirm thats a lot better
?? The original attacker has usually finished end-lag by the time a tech roller has reached frame 20. I think you just need to get used to the fact that tech rolls aren't free damage in this game and to brace yourself vs. anyone rolling towards you.

________

I would consider globally nerfing damage then. If you can't deal as much damage, your followups won't do as much damage! It's as simple as that!
I did balance damage globally. Damage is now frames needed + 3. Do you mean keep original damage but include damage decay based on consecutive hits? Either way, the prior idea is more natural to melee.

________

Lmao, I had to make an account just to reply to this.
First, lets address your attitude, OP- you have consecutively ignored and been rude to anyone who has disagreed with you. The only people you had a relevant discussion with were those who agreed. First off, if you aren't willing to accept criticism, why are you asking for it? You have said that anyone who disagreed was "biased", when this is a better description of you.
Secondly, let's address your thought process. Nerfing all the top tiers won't bring the bad characters up, it will bring everyone down and make the game overall less fun and more boring. Plus, why would anyone play your mod in the first place when their character is either horribly nerfed or just as bad?
If you want "unbiased" criticism then I will say to just delete your mod and start over- but this time, focus on buffing characters instead of nerfing good ones. Also don't respond so harshly to people who disagree with you.
The people I ignored are the people who have typed exactly what you have said. You're just making a comment about me, not specific comments about the game. Because of this discussion with reasonable people I plan on:

- buffing Marth's UpB and Nair via Knockback

- Increasing DK's utility from DownB

- buffing Link's ground UpB knock back while nerfing his aerial UpB knockback

- buffing Falco's bair, jab, and uair knockback

________

According to Smashboards, both Agent7300 and Aerros11 have similar IPs, so either they both live in the same state by coincidence, or they are the same person. I think Aerros11 is using a backup or something to try to give his arguments some leverage. How pitiful.
Seriously? I usually banish cynics from my life but what's the fun in that?

TheClamFace TheClamFace ...

Do you know what SDRemix even is?

Last edited by a moderator:

Agent7300

Smash Cadet
According to Smashboards, both Agent7300 and Aerros11 have similar IPs, so either they both live in the same state by coincidence, or they are the same person. I think Aerros11 is using a backup or something to try to give his arguments some leverage. How pitiful.
How pitiful. someone finally defends an innocent content creator that is being attacked for no reason, and now im being accused of being OP on an Alt. you cant deal with being wrong so you accuse me of being false. ive never met aross12 in my life before. this thread is the first time ive seen any of these people, no one on this thread except OP has any legitimate experience at all with modifying melee.

Myougi

My posts are gluten free.
TIL the Melee Workshop needs more moderation.

@achilles1515 Can you close this thread or something? This is spiraling out of control.
This has become less of a discussion about a mod, and more of the developer and his apprentice throwing shots at those who offer constructive-criticism.

Last edited:

Agent7300

Smash Cadet
magicscrumpy your a peach main and have a hello kitty icon
are you macd or a macd cosplayer

Aerros11

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone else have feedback for now?

Again I've acquired the following data from all these words:

- buffing Marth's UpB and Nair via Knockback

- Increasing DK's utility from DownB

- buffing Link's ground UpB knock back while nerfing his aerial UpB knockback

- buffing Falco's bair, jab, and uair knockback

Agent7300

Smash Cadet
I have an actual suggestion for the mod pack. Its a common topic that we need more legal stages, if its possible could you take a float from pokefloats, turn it sideways and add battlefield platforms? basically battlefield with a good ledge and different blast zones. if its possible you should definetely do that.

EDIT: preferably the chikorita float

Last edited:

ToonSmeef

Smash Rookie
NNID
TurkeyScrub
~ :dkmelee: ~

This thread has been visited by the melee DK. Post your favorite melee DK pics and you will be granted sick combo expansions

Aerros11

Smash Journeyman
I have an actual suggestion for the mod pack. Its a common topic that we need more legal stages, if its possible could you take a float from pokefloats, turn it sideways and add battlefield platforms? basically battlefield with a good ledge and different blast zones. if its possible you should definetely do that.
I'm not really into stage modding, so I'd have to either get into that first or wait for stages to be created.

The latest stage modding page has some interesting ideas btw: http://smashboards.com/threads/stage-hacking-new-research-documentation.384255/page-9

Aerros11

Smash Journeyman
Try making Falcon usable
Okay but I need to have advice from a knowledgeable Falcon main.

For example, I am a Ganon main. I received advice from DoctorKirby saying that Ganondorf sucks now because I removed his spike so I requested a match in vanilla melee just to see how valid his statements were on the utility of Ganondorf's spikes.

Can you guess the results?

Aerros11

Smash Journeyman
I don't mind a bit of fun as long as I received some valid criticism (which I did).

ToonSmeef

Smash Rookie
NNID
TurkeyScrub
Okay but I need to have advice from a knowledgeable Falcon main.

For example, I am a Ganon main. I received advice from DoctorKirby saying that Ganondorf sucks now because I removed his spike so I requested a match in vanilla melee just to see how valid his statements were on the utility of Ganondorf's spikes.

Can you guess the results?
i bet you got-

wait a minute

whats that noise

no it cant be

no

more melee donkey kong

Aerros11

Smash Journeyman
You could look up "Captain Falcon" on YouTube and instantly get a million reasons why your mod's Falcon is awful.
I only used youtube to balance Marth's shield breaker. I would prefer your knowledge on Captain Falcon as a starting basis....but only if he is your main.

Last edited:

MagicScrumpy

Smash Journeyman
I'm sorry that I don't main Falcon and therefore can't say anything about him. I guess I'll just stick to talking about Peach since I know nothing about any other character. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Aerros11

Smash Journeyman
I'm sorry that I don't main Falcon and therefore can't say anything about him. I guess I'll just stick to talking about Peach since I know nothing about any other character. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Alright, do you have anything to say about Peach then? What do you think about the average damage idea? Did I over-nerf her down smash? Did she need other buffs to knock back like the fixes I mentioned for Marth, Link, and Falco?

There was also a video of you apparently posted of young link, do you have any thoughts on him?

Last edited:

supernut64

Smash Rookie
I feel like you have destroyed the main essence of Roy.

Every time I play Roy in vanilla, I get this tingly feeling when I hit someone with the end of his noodle. In this, it doesn't even feel like a noodle. I get no tingly feeling.

Please make Roy **** so we Roy mains can have our tingly experience back tyvm

Theguru1020

Smash Rookie

Every time I play Roy in vanilla, I get this tingly feeling when I hit someone with the end of his noodle. In this, it doesn't even feel like a noodle. I get no tingly feeling.

agreed. There's no reason to play Roy anymore. 0/10.

Agent7300

Smash Cadet
dk isnt posting **** imgur

My DK wont post, which is a sign for us to all get back to business. this mod is flawless and fantastic. if makes it so privileged fox mains like myself and other dirty s-tier players have to work for their success, instead of outclassing their opponent via random elements or characters. ignore the haters OP

Last edited by a moderator:

Aerros11

Smash Journeyman

Well the majority, even myself, know Roy is garbage in melee. With his buffs from SDRemix (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skvgRXH4QvY) and my balance to damage, he's definitely better over all. If you're not being smart with me, is there anything specific you'd like to request that will bring back this sensation to his majestic tip?

Aerros11

Smash Journeyman
No it really hasn't. If you keep commenting on how you think it has "spiraled" then it eventually may, otherwise more feedback is welcomed, especially from a Fox main.

Top Bottom