• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSBB Snapshot files. We need to crack em!

Xane

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XaneFeather
3DS FC
3866-8124-2065
Thanks to Kakkoii, the online decrypter is now also available on [http://brawl.kakkoister.com]. ^^

That would be great Xane! Do you have MSN or AIM? I don't know the Stage Builder either but I've seen many videos on Youtube and have gotten to know it by anazlying its file format.

We don't know all the blocks though, we still need to analyze some more stages and get the block IDs, but we know the Standard block ID, so we can at least start.
Yep, MSN and ICQ. I PMed you.

I think is better to wait for the release, this is something that can wait, besides, if it's done well then it will be an amazing job for sure :3
That'd be 4+ months for me. :x Europe-Release FTL.

Kakkoii

Smash Apprentice
Thanks to Kakkoii, the online decrypter is now also available on [http://kakkoister.com/GT/Decrypter]. ^^

Yep, MSN and ICQ. I PMed you.

That'd be 4+ months for me. :x Europe-Release FTL.
Just tried it out, great work Xane.

(p.s, One would think you'd have a modchip, like most people who are into coding and whatnot do lol. Playing an imported game ain't illegal!, your still paying for a real copy :p.)

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
(p.s, One would think you'd have a modchip, like most people who are into coding and whatnot do lol. Playing an imported game ain't illegal!, your still paying for a real copy :p.)

Wouldn't using the newly released freeloader be more ideal ?____?

Kakkoii

Smash Apprentice
Wouldn't using the newly released freeloader be more ideal ?____?
Unlike the days of the last generation of systems.

This generations of game consoles are even more heavily connected to the internet. Especially the Wii.

I'm almost 100% sure the Wii will bring out an update that blocks the new Freeloader.

That's the problem with disc media. It can always be patched in an update.

And then out comes Freeload 2 that you have to shell more cash out to.

The Drive Modchips that are used on the Wii are alot better. You can play region free, no swapping. You can keep backups of your game incase a disc becomes to scratched to play that you'd need a new one.

And homebrew things will be more easily done if you have a modchip.

(Just because some people use modchips for evil or poverty, doesn't mean that's what they HAVE to be used for.)

47drift

Smash Journeyman
This is just the coolest thing ever ^_^

Now if only there was a way to transfer the recorded video footage over to the computer...

Kakkoii

Smash Apprentice
This is just the coolest thing ever ^_^

Now if only there was a way to transfer the recorded video footage over to the computer...
As explained before. It's not actual video footage.

It is merely a file that tells the game how to recreate the match.

They did that because the Wii has such a small hard drive. But for images they actually take images... (luckily) Since there small enough in file size.

Plus it would probably lag the Wii to hell to try and record a match while it's going on.

Ondo

Smash Apprentice
Ondo and Heinermann, do you mind if I also include/link to your stage tools, and a possible stage editor if you produce it? I'm giving credit of course.
No, I don't mind. In fact, it'll be nice to have everything in one place so I can point other people there.

until we get a re-compress & re-encrypt tool.
I think there's a good chance we won't need a re-compress tool, just a re-encrypt one. Some of the screenshots are already in uncompressed form - my guess is it simply checks for every file if its compressed and uncompresses if necessary, but never forces it to be compressed. Obviously that's something to check once we have a re-encrypt tool.

I'm also a bit concerned that the first 4 bytes of the header might be a checksum - if so, we'll need to figure out the algorithm for generating it before we can modify files successfully.

Kakkoii

Smash Apprentice
No, I don't mind. In fact, it'll be nice to have everything in one place so I can point other people there.

I think there's a good chance we won't need a re-compress tool, just a re-encrypt one. Some of the screenshots are already in uncompressed form - my guess is it simply checks for every file if its compressed and uncompresses if necessary, but never forces it to be compressed. Obviously that's something to check once we have a re-encrypt tool.

I'm also a bit concerned that the first 4 bytes of the header might be a checksum - if so, we'll need to figure out the algorithm for generating it before we can modify files successfully.
Wii signing tool. Released a few days ago.

This is one of the things that would be needed so you can sign the files so the Wii will accept them.
http://nintendo-scene.com/939

Heinermann

Smash Apprentice
Can someone post a ton of stage files(can be anything now that we've figured out the tile format), and a couple of replays describing the rules of the match, the characters involved, the controller of the character(Human?CPU?), and the stage it was played on?

EDIT: I found the list of Music/SFX IDs. Here's the list containing EVERYTHING from 0x0000 to 0x286B. It matches up perfectly.
http://www.mediafire.com/?j3z5tsjtdg3

This would be the public list as is my previously posted Character and Stage IDs, meaning it is applied to every aspect of the game.

Kakkoii

Smash Apprentice
Can someone post a ton of stage files(can be anything now that we've figured out the tile format), and a couple of replays describing the rules of the match, the characters involved, the controller of the character(Human?CPU?), and the stage it was played on?

EDIT: I found the list of Music/SFX IDs. Here's the list containing EVERYTHING from 0x0000 to 0x286B. It matches up perfectly.
http://www.mediafire.com/?j3z5tsjtdg3

This would be the public list as is my previously posted Character and Stage IDs, meaning it is applied to every aspect of the game.
You know, I have the full game ISO on my PC. So if anyone needs any files out of the Disc just ask. Only takes a minute. (Like for example all the stage builder files.)

edit:

Took a look inside the Iso for stage editor files. Uploaded whatever I thought might be usefull.

http://kakkoister.com/snapshot/stage edit/

There's a .RAR in there that contains all the files in that directory so you don't have to download them 1 by 1.

edit2:

Tonight i'm going to upload every single file from the Brawl disc, (excluding the sound files, videos, and spacer data)

It's only 1.2GB's without that extra stuff haha.

That way you guys can get any file you want.

Heinermann

Smash Apprentice
Eh, that's not really necessary.

I'll tell you what each file contains though:

*.pac - Packaged, Unknown
*.brres - Models, Textures
*.msbin - Raw data
*.rel - PPC coded module (disassembling that one now)
*.bin - Raw data

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
Is there a way to rip the models? That would be awesome.

Heinermann

Smash Apprentice
Not at the moment, someone needs to do conversion on the files.

Oh, could you LZSS people take a look at *.arc files? They seem to have 8-byte size splits in it after a 0x00 (you can see raw text being split).

*.PAC files contain an "ARC\0" header, while the *.ARC files contain what appears to be LZSS-compressed data. I've tried the tools but they fail to work with it. >.>

Also, a file posted waaaay back called SAVESAMPLE_JA.PAC contains raw JPG data ^_^.

47drift

Smash Journeyman
Haven't been following this thread at all, but is there a way to convert images from JPG back ti BIN? That way I can view like, anyone else's PC Brawl screenshots in my copy of Brawl?

Ichida

Smash Ace
Haven't been following this thread at all, but is there a way to convert images from JPG back ti BIN? That way I can view like, anyone else's PC Brawl screenshots in my copy of Brawl?
...ooooorrr... You could leave them as images and view them on your computer.

Heinermann

Smash Apprentice
There will be.

OK. I added support for my tool to take apart the ARC(*.pac) files. There is now better support for *.DAT, still far from perfect though.
http://www.mediafire.com/?zd3ibgxd3zs

OK. The SAVESAMPLE_JA.PAC file contains 5 save files. one appears to be an uncompressed JPG, the next two are a replay and stage (which can be decompressed with out2jpg, but not DeLZSS >.>, and even so, the stage preview isn't decompressed properly), and the other two seem to be encrypted in some way? They appear to be standard game saves, with the 8 bytes of 0x00 at the beginning.

Anyway, from speculation on that replay file, there are 8 entries for players listed, the game is Lucas(entry 1) vs Mario(entry 8), I don't know for sure though >.>.

Oh, here's the image in savesample, notice Samus's right foot is broken >.>

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well, I put up my own version of a stage download library on All is Brawl... a day late, but with incremental improvements and all the benefits of fitting into a larger social networking platform (alerts when new stages are added, forum topics for each stage, stronger ties to user profiles, etc.). I tried to give credit to the major players, but I'm sure I missed someone so I apologize in advance.

Kakkoii

Smash Apprentice
Well, I put up my own version of a stage download library on All is Brawl... a day late, but with incremental improvements and all the benefits of fitting into a larger social networking platform (alerts when new stages are added, forum topics for each stage, stronger ties to user profiles, etc.). I tried to give credit to the major players, but I'm sure I missed someone so I apologize in advance.
Lol wow, another freaking Brawl site.. Guess everyones trying to cash in on the Brawl craze haha

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Lol wow, another freaking Brawl site.. Guess everyones trying to cash in on the Brawl craze haha
Except I've been around longer than you, and my site for over a year and a half ;). Besides, not all Brawl sites are created equal... take a few minutes to browse the site and I'm sure you'd agree :).

Side note: your name -- is that what the ladies call you? ;)

Kakkoii

Smash Apprentice
Except I've been around longer than you, and my site for over a year and a half ;). Besides, not all Brawl sites are created equal... take a few minutes to browse the site and I'm sure you'd agree :).

Side note: your name -- is that what the ladies call you? ;)
What do you mean around longer then me?

I havn't created any brawl sites XD
I was commenting about all the other ones, if you saw what I was quoting :)

And you bet, If only I had the patience to learn japanese tho :p

Ichida

Smash Ace
would it be possible to put the subspace emmesssary cutscenes to our PCs.
video files?
Using a recording method such as a capture card or a GameBridge, since you can take screens or pics of anything at any time, while the in-game method only records brawl matches.

Heinermann

Smash Apprentice
would it be possible to put the subspace emmesssary cutscenes to our PCs.
video files?
Those are known as THP files. They can be played through the THP player found floating at www.emutalk.net.

Screenshots:
http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/7904/clipboard01ug5.jpg
http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/43/clipboard02tu2.jpg

Using a recording method such as a capture card or a GameBridge, since you can take screens or pics of anything at any time, while the in-game method only records brawl matches.
Quality loss.

antonioseet

Smash Cadet
is there any way for you to send me or put them somewhere for us to download all the video files kakkoii???????????? that would be awesome!!

edit: or is there already a place that ican download them? if so where?

Heinermann

Smash Apprentice
I updated my tool again.

Some bug fixes, and a converter for TEX0 files to TPL files. Since the TPL extractor is difficult to find, I included it in the Zip(note: did not make it). Register SSBExtract as the default program for brres and tex0 files, and tplx for tpl files, and you can begin ripping textures galore.

There is one bug involving tplx and the file format for some textures, so they will appear black&white.

Here: http://www.mediafire.com/?bgjgul9wybh

Random Stuff:

The End: http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/3392/theendga4.jpg

Kakkoii

Smash Apprentice
is there any way for you to send me or put them somewhere for us to download all the video files kakkoii???????????? that would be awesome!!

edit: or is there already a place that ican download them? if so where?
I started uploading the videos just a few hours ago.

It's 3.5gb's and I only have a 60kb/s upload speed. So the link to the video files will be posted tomorrow when there all finished uploading.

Which is March 4th. Should be around 11am -8GMT
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Great work Heinermann.

Have you looked into the szstools http://www.amnoid.de/gc/szstools.zip That's used for gamecube and n64?

The .arc extracter in there seems to be able to start extraction on the ARC files found in many of the Brawl .bin files.

But i've yet to make it actually pull any files out.

(Also, For some reason your extractor doesn't work if your using it in a private directory. Like for example, I'm the administrator on my computer. And my profile is set to private so people can't view my files... Well this seems to cause conflict with your program. Just lettin ya know :p )

Nilok

Smash Journeyman
Is there some way we could, via using the Fwiiloader, dump the game onto a computer, then alter the textures and the burn it to a disk? I know it will be problematic at least at first becouse Brawl is dual layered, however, think of what we could do If we found a way to mod the game -cough-Ryan Drummond-cough-. (Note Moded games probubly will be unable to connect to Wi-Fi since there will be a version error if this is possible.)

Kakkoii

Smash Apprentice
Is there some way we could, via using the Fwiiloader, dump the game onto a computer, then alter the textures and the burn it to a disk? I know it will be problematic at least at first becouse Brawl is dual layered, however, think of what we could do If we found a way to mod the game -cough-Ryan Drummond-cough-. (Note Moded games probubly will be unable to connect to Wi-Fi since there will be a version error if this is possible.)
I believe it might be possible now that we can resign Wii Iso's... From what i've seen.. But i'm not sure.

There's only a select few DVD readers that can rip Wii games.. And for the Dual-Layer I think there's even less. I think it was ripped using the SD ripping method. Not sure tho.

Anyways, if modding the Iso could be done, it would be neat to see if we could enabled those unfinished characters that are on the disc in some way lol. Re skin them on other characters or something.

Top Bottom