• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSBB Snapshot files. We need to crack em!

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
I'm assuming Heinermann got it straight from Xane; he gets preferential treatment because he's awesomesauce. :p

Wow, the editor is coming along REALLY well; I love how clean it looks. And spawn point manip?! You are a god, Xane. We <3 you hardcore. Can't wait to get my hands on the beta. Take your time; greatness isn't a rushed process.

Chaofanatic

Smash Rookie
Seriously...
Why couldnt nintendo have made the editor like this in the first place?
I mean the normal one barely scores a 0.5 on the epic scale...
Nintendo needs to stop this crap...

Oh and um... We will be able to extend things vertically and horosontaly right?

Heinermann

Smash Apprentice
Just some info that applies to the first release(beta):

Xane should be releasing it some time very soon.
It will not support stretching blocks(only standard sizes).
It will not support placing a block's hotspot outside of the stage boundries (right and bottom).
It will not support placing spawn points outside of the stage boundries(anywhere).
It will not support uploading additional files for hacks/injections.

It will allow placing blocks over the edges of the stage.
It will have basic spawn point support.
It allows placing of the beta block.
It allows quick loading and saving of encrypted stages(no hassle of doing that stuff yourself).
It will support all the features it currently does not have in the future.
It allows exceeding the block limit the original stage builder applies.

It will not varify that your stage won't crash in a game. Obviously, placing 250 spinning wheels will **** your Wii. I tried(actually, I placed about 100 and it crashed at end of match).

Disco_Peach

Smash Cadet
Good God, Xane. You get this released to public next week and that would be so smashing, baby! Thanks to your editor I came to this forum, bro. It would be nice to see the beta soon (it's ok if you need time to perfect it - cuz it looks like a real fine wine). If you are able to put more features in it in the future, that would be great! Do you think you can place blocks all the way up to the stage's limits? (for instance, like in Eldin Bridge, Green Hill Zone, etc) but also to the top of the level and the bottom?

I guess I'm just real psyched to have this coming out real soon.

By the way, hi y'all! I'm new here and I love SSBB (thanks in part to Peach being 99.9% completely identical to her Melee counterpart). As soon as I put internet in my apartment I hope to accept challenges (and declare some as well ;)) real soon in the future. After some browsing this forum seems real great!

Xane

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XaneFeather
3DS FC
3866-8124-2065
Ok folks, it's done, the first beta version is finally done.
I am currently writing a basic ReadMe, which I'll update later~

Shouldn't take very long - stay tuned.

Xane

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XaneFeather
3DS FC
3866-8124-2065
Just a quick question: what would happen if you open the stage in the in-game stage builder? Would it freeze?
Nope, but if your stage contains the beta block, hovering your cursor over it in Brawl's Stage Builder will freeze your Wii tho.
That will cause no damage to your Wii but you will need to reboot. :/

brawllegend

Smash Rookie
Wow, I would think that messing with the spawn points would either freeze it or revert back to spawn points that the builder would normally choose..

Glad to hear that it's done. Nice job!

pieguy

Smash Rookie
xane!

I joined this forum because of watching this post and this place is pretty cool.

...anyway congratulations xane you've been working on this awhile and i can't wait till it's released! XANE ROCKS!:bee:

Xane

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XaneFeather
3DS FC
3866-8124-2065
Alright guys, it's out.

You can download it [HERE], I'll make a seperate thread tomorrow to split up the traffic a little bit.
Until then, have fun with it and remember to email me bugs and suggestions to Xanares@Web.de!

And if you like the piece of Software and want to support the development, please consider donating.
Click the About button in the Stage Studio for more information.

PS: I haven't excessibely tested it on Vista, so please report any errors and bugs!
A screenshot will help alot as well.

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
Xane, I was having such a **** day... until I saw this. Man, you rock my world. So much thanks go out to you, from me and (I'm assuming, though it isn't much of a stretch) the whole community. I'll keep you posted if I find any problems.

pieguy

Smash Rookie
xane

dude! XANE you did it i'm already testing it and i'm speechless! .....................................thank you for being awsome.:chuckle:

VietGeek

Smash Hero
I think if you just add the feature to consecutive add a piece you're currently using (like in Brawl), this thing would be perfect to my knowledge.

Just made a lol stage trying to use almost every feature in here, I'm going to test it out and give see what happens.

Xane

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XaneFeather
3DS FC
3866-8124-2065
I think if you just add the feature to consecutive add a piece you're currently using (like in Brawl), this thing would be perfect to my knowledge.
(..)
You can.. just rightclick a block on the stage or on the library to the right.
To cancel the placing, hit the right mousebutton again, or just hit escape.

Edit: Ok, it's already late here (1:30am) so I'm catching some sleep.
Cya tomorrow.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
You can.. just rightclick a block on the stage or on the library to the right.
To cancel the placing, hit the right mousebutton again, or just hit escape.

Edit: Ok, it's already late here (1:30am) so I'm catching some sleep.
Cya tomorrow.
lol, okay. Well, everything works fine.

I especially like the custom preview pic feature. Anime pics for lol.

But yeah, this thing is hawt. A lot more convenient than making it on Brawl.

Definitely worth the wait.

espio87

Smash Ace
This stage editor is AWESOME!
THANKS, THANKS, THANKS (ok, words won't be able to describe how grateful I am)
do you have any ideas of what to do with the stage editor in the future, xane?

el_refugio

Smash Apprentice
Amazing! Great tool, Xane! Congratulations!

Do you think an option to change size of objects can be possible? I saw sometime ago a hacked stage with a giant spring.

joenm8r

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, been following this thread for a while. Through the image converter and up to the stage studio. I've been wondering about something lately.

Somewhere above, in this tremendous thread, there is mention of being able to read the info stored in a replay file. I wanted to know if any further progress has been made with that.

Now don't fire up your copy paste about how the replay files aren't videos, I know that. You see, I have well over 500 replay files on my SD card and a couple hundred more on my computer. What I'm looking for is a way to easily identify these files when they are on my computer.

I assume the files can tell us things about the match, such as fighters, number of combatants, teams, character color schemes, sudden death, stock, time limit, items enabled, special brawls, handicaps, as well as the stuff you see on the replay browser in the game.

I've been searching the internet for something like this, but unfortunately, google only finds the idiots asking how to convert a .bin to a .wmv. I don't know how plausible it is to make something like this and I don't know if there's much of a demand for it, but I doubt many people even know they need such a thing. I'll tell you what though. I'd love it.

BloodBird

Smash Journeyman
will any of these sites after conversion allow me to upload my pics into albusm for "THIS" site?

Speff

Smash Rookie
I'm really sorry for necro-ing this thread, but this forum is probably the last place I can think of to look. Before it went down, Heinermann's site had images extracted from brawl menus and character profiles. Does anyone have a back-up of those images, or are they lost to the void?

EDIT: Found em on an old backup of mine. If anyone wants something from the old site, just pm me, I'll probably have it.

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
Gee, three years, and there's no modern solution to convert Brawl snapshots from .bin files into pictures?

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896

Roo

Smash Rookie
Sorry for my english... it isnt very good: (LOL)
anyone knows about textures of smashville?? becasuse yestarday i download some textures for my smash and specifically textures for smashville, but when i opened the file, the folder had these files:
STGVILLAGE_00.PAC
STGVILLAGE_01.PAC
STGVILLAGE_02.PAC
STGVILLAGE_03.PAC
STGVILLAGE_04.PAC
but... why does this happened? i mean... when i download a texture for example: Final Destination the Folder only has one file and the file (STGFINAL.PAC) that works when i play on it... Can anyone explain me what hapened here? or what of these files is the good one?
Thanks =)

SmashBrosFighter

Smash Rookie
So can somebody make a bin2png or bin2bmp converter? I don't want a converter that takes the decrypted snapshot and then applies a lossy compression like jpeg. bin2jpeg is useless for me. If one fitting my description already exists, please link me to it. If it does not already exist, please make one. Thanks.

Ondo

Smash Apprentice
So can somebody make a bin2png or bin2bmp converter? I don't want a converter that takes the decrypted snapshot and then applies a lossy compression like jpeg. bin2jpeg is useless for me. If one fitting my description already exists, please link me to it. If it does not already exist, please make one. Thanks.
The bin file uses JPEG's lossy compression internally, so converting to JPEG is lossless - the lossy compression happened when the screenshot was taken, not when it is converted.

Top Bottom