• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSBB Opening: 3D, or Anime-Style?

parrothead

Smash Lord
I'm not sure which kind of opening will SSBB have? If it's 3D, then it would be like the openings of SSB64 and SSBM. If it was Anime-Style, it would be like these three openings:

Sonic CD,

MegaMan 8/RockMan 8,

AND

Namco X Capcom.

Which do you believe the SSBB opening would be like?

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
3D... it's a Wii!

I don't want to watch Anime on one of the most powerful graphics machines in the world!

Suska

Smash Apprentice
I like the Namco X Capcom one because of thed animated style but they'll probably just do a 3D opening again.

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
I like the Anime idea, just because then they could make fun of other video games with anime openings, like NamcoxCapcom, and Guilty Gear.

icymatt

Smash Lord
A traditionally-animated opening would be cool and come right out of left field.

But I doubt they'd do it.

HourglassMemory

Smash Journeyman
I don't think the characters would fit as Anime. It's a 3D game...we know the fighting characters in 3D...putting them in anime would be weird.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
3D.

At least GG itself is very anime, much like the other 2D fighters, so an anime intro isn't out of place. SSBM is semi-3D. The graphics are completely 3D. Having an anime intro would be weird... and stupid.

-Mace-Solo-

Smash Apprentice
I enjoy my anime, but I'm pretty certain that they would stick with a CGI opening.

Chaps

Smash Apprentice
I'd rather leave anime openings to (not all) RPGs. I think that suits 'em better.

-Mace-Solo-

Smash Apprentice
Chaps said:
I'd rather leave anime openings to (not all) RPGs. I think that suits 'em better.

Very true. Ever seen Tales of Symphonia? Freakin' excellent.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
I'm kinda torn between the two. On one hand, hand-drawn animation looks awesome and all the characters already have official art. On the other hand, the game uses 3D graphics so the intro should reflect that.

I'd say 3D. Anime-cutscenes should be for games that use cel-shading, not polygons.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Its more definately going to be a 3-D opening with some ingame footage like Melee, but I myself would much rather prefer an Anime style opening.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
anime doesnt go with smash......

there are exceotons like marth and roy and maybe zer suits samus... but not all characters can be as cool as them in anime.....

3d please.

-Mace-Solo-

Smash Apprentice
You all have good points. There's no doubt in my mind that it'll be a CGI opening. However, I think the subject has a descent basis to go off of. Remember SSB's box art? They were hand drawn at one point. The fact that anime is mentioned here is only slightly random for a choice.

Hyper-Link

Smash Ace
-Mace-Solo- said:
You all have good points. There's no doubt in my mind that it'll be a CGI opening. However, I think the subject has a descent basis to go off of. Remember SSB's box art? They were hand drawn at one point. The fact that anime is mentioned here is only slightly random for a choice.
Ya SSB had anime style art on the cartridge and box art. So it'd be cool to at least have an unlockable anime alternate scene or somethin

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hydde said:
anime doesnt go with smash......

there are exceotons like marth and roy and maybe zer suits samus... but not all characters can be as cool as them in anime.....

Link, Young Link, Ganondorf, Zelda, Sheik and Peach are all anime-style. Almost every single human (or in Link, Zelda, Sheik, Ganondorf and Young Link's cases humanoid) character is anime-style.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
SSB64's intro OWNS ALL. If they did something like that again, with the cheezy-as-hell TV game show music, I would just die. It rocked that hard ;)

EDIT:

Super Smash Bros. Intro

Ahhh... Really brings ya back, doesn't it? *sheds a tear for simpler times*

gnosis

Smash Lord
For the people bashing anime, you do realize that nearly every character in this game is anime-styled? I don't think it's that far of a stretch.

It'd be fun to see, but they're almost certainly sticking with 3D. And I probably prefer that.

realsnake1020

Smash Rookie
the SSB64 intro was good.
Anime opening would not suit SSBB because The game has 3-d graphics and mixing both would not work like that. Look at windwaker link they are supposed to be putting him into SSBB in place of young link, they will completly have to redisign him to make him fit the graphics style.

Ramm Stone

Smash Rookie
I would strongly hope for 3D entrances unless its an old school character who was in a 2D game.

logiedan

Smash Rookie
It'll be 3D, definitely. Though personally, I think anime would look pretty cool.

JLoc

Smash Apprentice
I say It's not a necessity to have a anime like intro but if it were to have one it wouldn't hurt the game one bit and it also wouldn't be out of place. And plus it's a intro, It can be skipped.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
I've been wondering what theme Brawl would go with. Melee had trophies, the original had toys, Brawl would be sweet with anime. If it's anything like the third opening, it would be so cool. Soul Calibur 2 did a 3D intro that was anime styled, that was awesome. Sakuri did say that there would be no anime characters in Brawl though. This could mean that the anime theme is completely thrown out, or it could also mean that he is just going to surprise us all. Kinda like how Capcom swore the last RE had nothing to do with the T-Virus.

Top Bottom