• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSBB Opening: 3D, or Anime-Style?

Chaos_Dude

Smash Apprentice
I'm expecting 3D. CGI if we're lucky. I don't think Nintendo has enough time to make quality anime cutscenes and we've already seen 3D in the trailers.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
How about, 3D for the opening.
And anime for each character ending when you beat 1p-mode?

.............later
Maybe they'll have a gallery for every character and stage, like in soul Caliber and Tekken.

And considering the fact that most Nintendo characters are drawn in anime style for advertisements and such, I wouldn't be suprised if anime concept drawings made it in.

Geez,what's up with the anime hate?

Because it's done with pencils rather than computers doesn't mean it wont work.
Anime is freakin awsome,don't hate.

But personally,i don't really care what they do with the opening,i ust want to play the game.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Geez,what's up with the anime hate?

Because it's done with pencils rather than computers doesn't mean it wont work.
Anime is freakin awsome,don't hate.

But personally,i don't really care what they do with the opening,i ust want to play the game.
Actually, anime uses lots of computers, but I see what your saying. People stereo-type all anime just because all we ever get in America are dragon Ball and Sailor Moon and hentai.

Yeah, I'd probably just skip the opening movie and get straight to the gameplay.

Brawlman

Smash Ace
Everyone is gonna hate me for this buuuut....For me I'd say about 50% goes to anime, 30% goes to CGI, and 20% goes to "Why can't it be a release title?"

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
I posted that because in melee when you beat the game they show the character you used doing baby techs like B, side+B, up+B, smash attacks and then in a stupid pic the narrator says: "congratulations!"

It will be better the character in there own habitat doing flashy stuff or having DBZ based fights in their stages. every time you beat the game that is.

But I'm sure they'll go with 3D.

.......later

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Any anime would suck they are crappy cartoons with plotlines that confuse if you miss one episode and characters with names that are hard to pronounce / remember and if you still think anime is cool...

Need I go on?

REØ

Smash Lord
I never said I thought it was cool, I hate anime, I prefer 3D graphics instead, I was just saying yes so I can see some of those funnyass pictures lol

refer to post #74

Still need more proof anime sucks

No,i just need proof that you aren't a complete idiot.

You say that we have bad taste?Your the same person who thought that Glover would make a good character in brawl.

you say that Anime sucks,but you stilllack any kind of liable proof to convince us that it sucks.Your picks mean absolutly nothing,and they wll remain to be nothing because of your idiotic opinions on Anime.

You say they are confusing to watch,they seem fine to me,you must obviously have a short attention span or a childish comprehension.

Names that are hard to pronounce,of course they are,hey are of japanese culture,your not,so yeah they can be confusing...or you just have a bad memory.

You are ust making yourself look like a complete moron,your opinions on Anime are nothing but unsupported opinions that have no contribution towards your statement on Anime.

Anime doesn't suck,you just suck.

Ami

Smash Ace
xiangfeng, have you ever watched anime other than the ones that are supplied here on public television? `Cause the anime you posted are the poor butchered anime that were dubbed by those-who-cannot-be-named.

And that`s why a lot of people like aninme. They actually have plot lines that are more complex than the cartoons we have here (eg. Simpsons, Family Guy), and they actually make people think. Eternal phoenix Fire is right about the names.

And it`s your opinion, so don`t act like it`s a fact.

1338h4x

Smash Apprentice
How about both? One 3d, one anime?

Nintendo should take a hint from all the vids floating around. One opening and one bonus video is not enough!

fr0st2k

Smash Journeyman
100th post! w00t.

anyway, i think this anime discussion is getting out of hand.

I've personally done an extensive study on why some people dont like anime...it IS an artform, much more so then a movie or television. People that have no true appreciation for this art form (even though it is the same as television, yet most people are too stupid to realize its the same thing) denounce it because it looks wierd.

Anime is drawn VERY !!! VERY !!! poorly in most cases. The animators have perfected action sequences, but the majority of the time its talk takl talk, lip move. It is VERY hard to watch, UNLESS you are into the story. (yes i realize there is some really good animation, such as the naruto eps, 13/30/71/133 etc and movies)

Alot of anime is very artsy, and personally, i hate animes with deep storylines, because they are never really good. Wolfs Rain .. urgh, what the heck were they talking about in that anime? Evangelion ... VERY GOOD! all about finding yourself and being lost as a teen...i could undersatnd that...

but the majority of anime is off the wall rediculous. and you just kind of have to like it, action, shonen, a good story, devling into a different world for a half an hour. People with good imaginations tend to like anime more.

My favorites : One Piece, Naruto, Gantz, DeathNote, Evangelion etc etc.

Essentially .. because they just copy frame for frame from mangas, the animes usually look like comics with slightly more animation... its not a very complex artform, and it IS something that has to grow on you.

if more people gave it a chance, im sure moer people would like it, because it IS fun to watch, it DOES conquer young kid issues, and the older animes attempt to conquer bigger issues, and it DOES make a better kid out of people...

anyway .. i think that anime is a good thing, and will grow in popularity as it gains more ground in american with the younger audience. ... eventually it will be mainstream, because kids are getting used to it at a early age, and will think nothing of it when they grow up.. were just in an awkward situation now.

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
xiangfeng, have you ever watched anime other than the ones that are supplied here on public television? `Cause the anime you posted are the poor butchered anime that were dubbed by those-who-cannot-be-named.

And that`s why a lot of people like aninme. They actually have plot lines that are more complex than the cartoons we have here (eg. Simpsons, Family Guy), and they actually make people think. Eternal phoenix Fire is right about the names.

And it`s your opinion, so don`t act like it`s a fact.
I just have to say,YOU ARE A COMPLETE ******!
This is a sidescrolling fighter game.We aren't questing to the mountains of gongorgia to fight the evil phantom-lord and restore the crystals to power.The characters don't even talk,and if they do,it's like,3 words!In japanese!We are not talking about TV shows!Like the japanese Naruto episodes rock,but would we want to have Naruto japanese cutscenes after every battle in the game and fight on predermined levels?

This is not talking about whether or not anime is more in-depth than our american cartoons,it is asking whether we would want to have an anime opening.NO!Anime is for television,not for 7th gen consoles!

Ami

Smash Ace
This is a sidescrolling fighter game.We aren't questing to the mountains of gongorgia to fight the evil phantom-lord and restore the crystals to power.The characters don't even talk,and if they do,it's like,3 words!In japanese!We are not talking about TV shows!Like the japanese Naruto episodes rock,but would we want to have Naruto japanese cutscenes after every battle in the game and fight on predermined levels?

This is not talking about whether or not anime is more in-depth than our american cartoons,it is asking whether we would want to have an anime opening.NO!Anime is for television,not for 7th gen consoles!
I don't know what you're talking about, and I don't see why you have to call me a ******. If you've misunderstood me, I don't want an anime opening. Sorry if I offended you, but I just don't like it when people say something sucks like it's a fact just because they can't understand it.

And again, I don't want an anime opening, I want CG-I.

I must say,if anyone is a ****** here,it's YOU.

The only thing he is doing is making a comparison towards American cartoons v.s Anime,therefor defending his oppinions on Anime,therefor arguing towards that if there should be an Anime opening.

Because he happens to mention Anime and American cartoons doesn't mean he isn't helping towards the argument.Just use your ommon sense and try to actually try to understand the possition of the argument.

Don't waste your time trying to bash on someone,it's only making you look like an ***.

xelad1

Smash Ace
the characters are rendered in 3d, an anime opening makes sense in a game where the characters are traditionally anime styled like Street fighter or Guilty Gear and have 2d flat sprites. It just wouldn't make sense and if its any hint the last 2 smash games have had 3d openings sooooooo......

parrothead

Smash Lord
Stop being off topic. I'm not saying add an opening from an Anime. And I'm not asking "if it would be nice to have the SSBB television show in 3D or Anime-style". I'm talking about the opening styles.

See more examples on what I mean Anime-style:

MegaMan X3 (Sony PS1 and Sega Saturn versions)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boMH5BIozyA

MegaMan X4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PT4p5wSOlQk

Super Adventure RockMan
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Apj7huGDPCg

AND

Saturn Bomberman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PckCLcRsepo

bbb

Smash Champion
This has the potntial to be cool, but the question arises, if it were anime, who would do it? I kind of prefer the CG I thing they did for the melee, but also, do you think Brawl will have official drawn art like 64 had? Or essentialy just the rendered art of Melee, cuz I liked those little drawings.

I would love, absolutley LOVE anime opening. And for those of you who say that a 3d game can't have an anime opening, look at this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iv-MAUJ8nUU
3d game, anime opening. And please. You n00b who is gonna say that it sucked or Sonic sucks, just shut it.

You kidding me?Sonic is kick ars,any gamer knows that.
And thank you for showing that,that's further support for an Anime intro.^^

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
xianfeng is such an extremist.. There's nothing wrong with Anime. I love watching Anime with a passion. Just because it isn't suited for Smash Brothers doesn't mean it sucks, dude.
Stop being off topic. I'm not saying add an opening from an Anime. And I'm not asking "if it would be nice to have the SSBB television show in 3D or Anime-style". I'm talking about the opening styles.

See more examples on what I mean Anime-style:

MegaMan X3 (Sony PS1 and Sega Saturn versions)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boMH5BIozyA

MegaMan X4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PT4p5wSOlQk

Super Adventure RockMan
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Apj7huGDPCg

AND

Saturn Bomberman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PckCLcRsepo
This has the potntial to be cool, but the question arises, if it were anime, who would do it? I kind of prefer the CG I thing they did for the melee, but also, do you think Brawl will have official drawn art like 64 had? Or essentialy just the rendered art of Melee, cuz I liked those little drawings.
I would love, absolutley LOVE anime opening. And for those of you who say that a 3d game can't have an anime opening, look at this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iv-MAUJ8nUU
3d game, anime opening. And please. You n00b who is gonna say that it sucked or Sonic sucks, just shut it.
Ahhh... good ol anime support.

Anybody remeber those drawings they had for SSB64, it would be awesome if they brought those back.

Ami

Smash Ace
Do you think it's possible that there could be conflicts if there was an anime opening? If there was an anime opening, why shouldn't there be an anime ending, or why shouldn't there be anime cut scenes (bad idea, but who knows what people want)? Like for Tales of Symphonia, people are still complaining that there should be more anime cut scenes like the opening or whatever.

I don't have anything against an anime opening, in fact, I, too, would really love an anime opening, it's just that I want the intro to be CG-I because the other two were. I know they could be different for a change and have an anime opening, but it would just seem unfitting to me.

bbb

Smash Champion
You also asked who would do the anime if it was odne in anime, it should be the guy who drew those :laugh: THAT WOULD BE THE BEST ANIME OPENING EVER :p
LOLOMGWTFBBQ!!! Totally, that would make a great opening. Or maybe they should all be done in clay like Earthbound. or Action figures, due to them being dolls in the 64, that'd be pretty tough.

Top Bottom