• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSBB Nomination Spike VGA 2008 Award

Matt07

Smash Master
I will probably watch the show, maybe but I don't know.

Wow, the only thing that suprised me was the best soundtrack, and best multiplayer game. But I guess good online play with 20+ other players instead of 4 makes a difference.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
I think Smash wins this year, but I dunno. Depends on how people look at Soul Calibur 4 I think.

MuttonBasher

Smash Apprentice
lol how are NMH and boom blox in the final 4 for best wii game and not Mario Kart? this award show just lost all credibility

camden

Smash Apprentice
Spike's VGA's are not really that honourable. Why? Because Spike doesn't give a crap about Nintendo, frankly because they seem too childish. Did you know that last year, SMG won Best Wii Game, but wasn't even nominated for Game of the Year? IMO, SSBB should be nominated for Best Multiplayer Game, Best Soundtrack, and Game Of The Year. It's a masterpiece, but in the "mature" gaming world, it's fruity simple because it isn't "cool" like the PS3 or 360. It's funny, because 11 million more Wiis have been sold than 360, and more than double the amount of PS3's. I never even liked the COD series. Yes, Resident Evil 4 did win GotY in 2005, but that was most likely because it was ported to the PS2.

Conclusion: Spike care's about "cool" games, not good games.

Oh, one last thing. Guitar Hero: World Tour for Best Soundtrack? Gimme a break. The soundtrack in that game is nothing more than a bunch of random songs, just like Rock Band. Shameful. Just shameful.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
lol how are NMH and boom blox in the final 4 for best wii game and not Mario Kart? this award show just lost all credibility
Are you crazy? NMH and Boom blox are waaaay better then Mario Kart wii. Mario Kart destroyed the item system. People in last still have very high chances finishing first just off items. The game was good but not the best.

-:bowser:Bowser King

Blitzmidfielder

Smash Journeyman
Not to nitpick, but Nintendo's also only selling so much because it's marketing is based off of little kids and old people, or people who don't care about game quality.

For every Mario Kart, Brawl, or NMH, you have 150 POS shovelware games. And it's the LATTER that's making all of Ninty's money.

That's not the correct reason why Spike doesn't give a rat's *** about Nintendo in the VGAs, because 'why' has already been covered, but there's no point in taking Nintendo seriously after the few gems. Although, by the same token, there's not too much on PS3, although it's growing.

nightSN

Smash Ace
wow brawl was nominated in best fighter o.o
and brawl COULD have won Most Anticipated Game.
and look, mario kart is nominated in Best Driving Game : D

Blackbelt

Smash Lord
The Spike VGAs are a joke, and should be destroyed by fire.

But I have no problem with ballot stuffing.

Top Bottom