• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSBB 2v2 Brawl

Strafe Gaming Lounge

Smash Rookie
Strafe Gaming Lounge is holding a BRAWL tourney at 7pm tonight!!! 101 South main street fuquay varina, NC 27526. front door is on east academy!

RULES!

no metaknight, diddy kong.

2v2, 5 lives, 8 min time limit, no items and final destination stage!

This is going to be a small tournament. The tournaments will grow the more we have them. Winners get a large split of the Prize money. Bring your own controllers and Wii Motes if you choose.
No modded Controllers please.

This is the first of many SSBB tournaments we will be having.

Contact is Strafe gaming on Facebook or call 9195522939 if you wish to enter

Life

Smash Hero
Unity ruleset is thataway ------------------>

I'd recommend you use it for early tournaments as it's the standard your players will see if they go nearly anywhere else. Though most players won't blink too much at the ban on Meta Knight (especially in doubles), Diddy does not require a ban. At all. Also, with five stock, almost every game is going to go to time.

I'd explain the problem with having only FD as a stage, but it gets kind of philosophical and you're clearly new. The short version is that the game balance hinges quite a bit on what stages are legal, so characters like Diddy Kong, Falco, Ice Climbers, and arguably Dedede do disproportionately well on FD, while Meta Knight, Game and Watch, Wario, Jigglypuff, and maybe some others suffer. By including a variety of stages, every character has at least one decent stage. There's more to it than that (some stages do legitimately need banned), but I digress.

If you're going to do just one stage, I'd pull for Pokemon Stadium 2, but most people would probably say Smashville or Battlefield. However, you should be using multiple stages and a counterpick system anyway...

Doubles-only is an interesting idea, since usually singles (ie. 1v1) is the focus of a Smash event. It kind of makes sense, given the short run time of the tournament and considering that doubles is usually more aggro-oriented than singles. IDK if it's a good idea, though.

Stockfield

Smash Champion
If I had a few days notice I would definitely be there.

I'll come to the next one though. Sorry Koozy which means I'll take the money.

:phone:

Top Bottom