• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSBB 1v1/2v2-Columbia,MD-June 29-Cyberden

Spitfire668

Smash Cadet
SMASH BROS 1v1/2v2 TOURNAMENT @ CYBERDEN in COLUMBIA, MD!
-Date: June 29, 2008. *Sunday* @ 12PM, sign ups by 11:00. We will be opening our doors at 10am.

-If you are going to be later then 12pm please call ahead, if you are later then 12pm and entering doubles unless I have heard from you registration will be closed by 12:10 at the latest.

-We will be running doubles first.

-Starting at 10am as long as your signed up for the Tournament the 4 wii's we have will be set to free play for practice rounds.

-Location: Cyberden, 6410 Dobbin Road in Columbia, MD. 21045. Easiest way to find it is to follow the signs to the MVA Express! Or, just Mapquest it.

-Price: Pre-reg-$15per-person, $10 to pot. Day of $20 per-person, $10 to pot.

- Prize is a 60, 30, 10 split.

If you bring your own system and game the price will be reduced by $5. Component cables Recomended as it is our set up. This is only good for the first 8 people.

RULES:
- 3 Stock
- 7 Minute time limit
- Team Attack on(doubles)
- Life Stealing allowed(doubles)
- Items off
- Double Elimination
- Best of 3. Finals are best of 5.

-In the event of time running out, the player with the most stock wins. If both players have the same stock, the player with the lowest percentage wins. If both players have the same percentage, the match will restart with 1 stock each.

-Character selection will be a double blind pick first match, second and third match winner chooses character first then loser choses who they would like to counter with.

-Stage selection shall be random on one of the neutral stages for 1st match, and following matches will be chosen by the loser of the previous round between the neutral stages or one of the counterpick stages.

- Dave's Stupid Rule: No stage may be picked twice if the choosing player has already won on that stage.

Stages:
Neutral Stages:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island [Brawl]
Lylat Cruise

Counterpick Stages:
Luigi's Mansion
Halberd
Castle Siege
Distant Planet
Green Hill Zone
Onett
Corneria
Rainbow Cruise
Green Greens
Brinstar
Jungle Japes
Frigate Orpheon
Delfino Plaza

-You do not have to, but it is recommended to BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER and extenders if it is a wired controller. If you are planing on using one of our controlers you must have a valid photo ID. We have 4 Wii's with 4 copies of SSBB all fully unlocked.

-You may bring in your own tv if you would like, we will clear out our cafe section to
accommodate, but you must also bring in a Wii to connect to said tv as ours will be kept on our tv's.

-(Any questions or suggestions please send an email to spitfire668@gmail.com or visit the Cyberden forums)

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Sounds good. I may bring a small tv or 2 since a lot of people were complaining about the laggy lcds last time.

Spitfire668

Smash Cadet
*BUMP*

(Remember we will clear out the cafe area if people want to bring there own tv's and wii's.)

Spitfire668

Smash Cadet
Btw, for anyone barrowing on of our controllers or extenders. YOU MUST HAVE A VALID PHOTO ID AND MUST LEAVE IT WITH THE WORKER AT THE COUNTER. After "misplacing" 4 controllers during the last tournament I will not be making the same mistake.

Makximum

Smash Rookie
This is on Sunday, June 29th right? www.Cyberden.com has a mistake on the main page, listing the tournament for Saturday, June 28th, and pointing to the May 31st post.

Anyways, I'll be stopping in the next few Fri and Sat nights for practice before the tournament. Looking forward to it!

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
i'll be there, with a wii..... can people that have extra t.v.'s bring them so we don't have the lag issues :D

hova

Smash Champion
This is on Sunday, June 29th right? www.Cyberden.com has a mistake on the main page, listing the tournament for Saturday, June 28th, and pointing to the May 31st post.

Anyways, I'll be stopping in the next few Fri and Sat nights for practice before the tournament. Looking forward to it!
can we get some clarification whether this is Sunday or Saturday? would suck if half the people showed up Sunday and the other half on Saturday... unless ur trying to keep us from ****** ur regulars

please let us know asap

Spitfire668

Smash Cadet
can we get some clarification whether this is Sunday or Saturday? would suck if half the people showed up Sunday and the other half on Saturday... unless ur trying to keep us from ****** ur regulars

please let us know asap
Sorry about the lack of response time. I have not gotten any notifications that anyone had commented on this topic, my b. It is on SUNDAY the 29th, NOT Saturday the 28th. My boss will be fixing it very soon, his laptop broke and i dont have access to the website. Also i will be instituting a 2min rule in which if your name is called for a match and you are not at said match with in 2min you will be disqualified. I had to many problems with people walking out last time and holding up the tourney/making people wait almost 2 hours to get their second match and that wont happen this time. Also we will be having pizza $1.50 a slice for sale since I know you have to eat. (A Drink will also be provided, what kind not sure yet.)

Spitfire668

Smash Cadet
I am not sure when the next tourney will be. Next month we will probably be holding a Madden tourney as we have been getting alot of requests for one. But I belive 2 people were trying to set up a tourney for sometie mid July in our space so I would keep an eye out for that one.

Steck

Smash Journeyman
i won't be able to make this one but I'm sure it will be good. Good job on making sure there is food this time (I was really hungry by the end of the day last time). I'll come to the one in July is there is one.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
i can come to this. i'll be at claycooter hq sometime after noon on Saturday. greg team with me.

Leifio

Smash Cadet
are we alowed to customize controls??? like i use the wii/chuck the B button is atk and A is special, and what is the price i diddnt understand is it 10$???

Spitfire668

Smash Cadet
are we alowed to customize controls??? like i use the wii/chuck the B button is atk and A is special, and what is the price i diddnt understand is it 10$???
As far as the last tourney went, controls were customizable unless ridiculous. And price is $20 total. $10 goes towards the Pot to be split between 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.

Top Bottom